• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

Looks like HR 1 cover A is now a $100+ book in CGC 9.8. There are sales now in the $120s, which puts it at the Hans cover level. Looks like the old rule of cover A, this is the way, may hold in the end.

I feel bad for the seller that decided to use a different grading company for their 1:25 variant. I did not realize how steep the discount on XXXX moderns was now.

XXXX 9.8 SW High Republic 1 Sway 1:25 - $122.05 https://www.ebay.com/itm/125137346848?hash=item1d22c46120:g:eYMAAOSwm21iAV5I

On 2/18/2022 at 9:31 AM, kimik said:

We will see what happens in the next arcs. I expect Marchion to eventually show in the main book, but right now they seem to be setting that up for the Sith.

The main book is done at 15, it looks like.   There’ll be a new HR number 1 for phase two. 

I view the new #1 as just another story arc. It will be set in a different time, but still be part of the overall HR title. I am curious to see whether they get the bump in numbers they are hoping for with a new #1 instead of #16. I don't see it hitting as high as the first volume HR 1, which was still way lower than it should have been due to Marvel not promoting it properly. lol

As we have discussed privately, between the lack of HR 1/HR Advs 1 promotion pre-FOC, and the DV 20 Sprouse image not being released in advance, whoever is in charge of marketing for the SW line at Marvel should be fired.

On 2/18/2022 at 11:51 AM, 500Club said:

The main book is done at 15, it looks like.   There’ll be a new HR number 1 for phase two. 

Yeah. Set about 200 years before High Republic #1 so they are going back in time. 

The only question is how large to go on the new #1. I don't know if it is worth chasing the same amount as for the last one now that most stores will be on it. The print run should be much higher, especially if this new #1 features Darth Krall/the sith. I imagine there will be a plethora of exclusives as well. 

The first volume HR #1 and HRAdvs #1 were perfectly timed as a spec play. The FOC fell on the Monday before the Disney shareholder meeting where they talked about it, and announced the Accolytes show. Once that dropped stores scrambled and Marvel had to fill re-orders with the second printing. lol 

I am curious to see what the prices on SW Insider #199 will hit once more D+/games/movie announcements come out. The production quality was shi te on that book - I ordered 10 and five were too mangled to consider for grading. They sold quickly for $80-$90 damaged on eBay. I expect 9.8s to be tough on it as the print run was likely low as well. That is the first published HR content in any medium, if I have my dates right. And, it has the best cover for any of the non-exclusive #1s.

Edited by kimik

My test batch of 3 high republic 1s each came back as 9.8s. More comfortable with sending in my remaining ~20 copies (with no pre screen). I think I have two Hans copies too.

Still have 10 high republic adventures #1 and 10 #2 (with one incentive each). Are the 1st appearances being noted on the label for these? Waiting for confirmation before I consider submitting these. I can wait otherwise.

A new number one? I think I’ll pass. I haven’t bought any comics this year so far and I may try to continue that for the rest of the year. My increase in buying new books was primarily a distraction from COVID… time to return to my normal spending habits.

I didn't expect this to go up, especially this quickly, but here we are. The Star Wars: High Republic Adventures - Galactic Bake-Off Spectacular. Copies are still selling for low prices, but some have been in the $15-$20 range...

b1642985630743bakeof.jpg

Edited by Lord Gemini

On 2/20/2022 at 11:28 AM, Lord Gemini said:

I didn't expect this to go up, especially this quickly, but here we are. The Star Wars: High Republic Adventures - Galactic Bake-Off Spectacular. Copies are still selling for low prices, but some have been in the $15-$20 range...

b1642985630743bakeof.jpg

Yup, noticed that as well.  Wondering if it’s a reaction to the annual jumping. 

On 2/20/2022 at 9:52 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

I don't believe there is an RI version of this.  Just a cover A and B.

Then I have not idea why I bulked it. Maybe my LCS owner looked after me on this one. (thumbsu

On 2/20/2022 at 3:26 PM, CheeseFrog said:

Yup, noticed that as well.  Wondering if it’s a reaction to the annual jumping. 

Early Porter Engle appearance who will be the focus of an upcoming Charles Soule comic in the next wave. His first appearance is the annual and he’s on the cover of Annual Cover B 

On 2/20/2022 at 11:52 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

I don't believe there is an RI version of this.  Just a cover A and B.

Correct. No RI for this book. Just the A & B and I believe two retailer variants. The TFAW one has a nice first cover appearance to go along with the interior first 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/20/2022 at 12:26 PM, eddly said:

Still have 10 high republic adventures #1 and 10 #2 (with one incentive each). Are the 1st appearances being noted on the label for these? Waiting for confirmation before I consider submitting these. I can wait otherwise.

I can’t remember about the HR1 copies but my 10 RI incentive of HRA #1 did not include any first appearance notations. 

On 2/21/2022 at 12:24 PM, ygogolak said:

There are two Jedi first apps according to KC.

I don't have KC, which two does it list? Fambola and Griswal? There are also two Jedi younglings introduced. 

There are more firsts than just the two Jedi, but I know some were mistakenly saying Porter Engle's first was in that book, which it is not, it's HRA Annual #1. Aside from Porter Engle, we don't really know what characters will be featured in phase two, but this book is a good spec play if you can get it at cover or below because the jedi featured are quite old, so they may appear as their younger selves in phase two.

Edited by awakeintheashes