• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2022 at 6:26 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Wow. I just grabbed the last copy of HRA 2 from mine. Think I was the only one buying it. Every week since it was released I added a copy to my pile of books. That lack of demand also helped as they added a few of the RIs to my weekly box since nobody else wanted them. 

I lucked out somehow, as I asked my LCS to order me 20x copies of HRA 2 two weeks ago. He gave it a shot, and - they arrived!  They actually arrived! At the time said LCS owner was surprised he could still order them. That's not the case anymore as of today.

On 2/24/2022 at 12:12 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Not sure about the early issues because they seemed to be in abundance when I went to my LCS, but for issues 7 & 8, those were ghosts. #7 2nd is selling for more than the 1st print. I’d expect 8 to do the same if it ever heated up. 

I think there were second prints for 1,2,3,7,8. My shop had a lot of the later printings for 1-3, but barely any for 7 & 8. I could see the later printings of 1-3 increasing in price but I’m not sure if they’d follow what #7 is currently doing. 

I meant the five different printings that HR #1 had. Although, I am not sure if it went to 6th print? hm Also, I believe that HR #1 also had a Walmart variant. 

On 2/25/2022 at 12:14 AM, mr_highgrade said:

I meant the five different printings that HR #1 had. Although, I am not sure if it went to 6th print? hm Also, I believe that HR #1 also had a Walmart variant. 

Ah got ya. I believe there were 5 printings not counting the Walmart. Issue 3 also has a Walmart variant. 

On 2/25/2022 at 12:26 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Ah got ya. I believe there were 5 printings not counting the Walmart. Issue 3 also has a Walmart variant. 

Yeah, that's why I was comparing it to Darth Vader #3 CGC 9.8's later printings. Those go for between $300 to $950. :whatthe:

On 2/25/2022 at 10:11 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

Technically, a later printing is not a first appearance, so while they may be harder to find, the value should be diminished based upon the reality that a possible 5th printing came out months after the 1st.

"Should" is a less than reliable concept in the spec market. :)

On 2/24/2022 at 10:35 AM, Frank.Einstein said:

I lucked out somehow, as I asked my LCS to order me 20x copies of HRA 2 two weeks ago. He gave it a shot, and - they arrived!  They actually arrived! At the time said LCS owner was surprised he could still order them. That's not the case anymore as of today.

That was around the time more stores finally clued in on it, as it finally sold out a year after it was released……😂

Edited by kimik

Hit a LCS today, and these guys put a bunch of stock out since I was in there about a year ago, and basically doubled their back issue offerings.

Found a ton of Dark Horse Star Wars stuff, maybe 1000 books. My problem is I don't have a clue to start with it in terms of whats the good stuff and what to pass on.  All of it is in NM/NM+ shape, all of it $3 a pop, and all of it overwhelming frankly.  No Star Wars Tales (which I know about and picked up long ago), but pretty much everything else, from say Dark Empire (to mark a start year) to 2014 or so, so like 25 years worth of stuff.

Is there a "cheat sheet" type article or anything is working off of to keep up with whats worth buying and what is not?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

On 2/27/2022 at 4:41 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Hit a LCS today, and these guys put a bunch of stock out since I was in there about a year ago, and basically doubled their back issue offerings.

Found a ton of Dark Horse Star Wars stuff, maybe 1000 books. My problem is I don't have a clue to start with it in terms of whats the good stuff and what to pass on.  All of it is in NM/NM+ shape, all of it $3 a pop, and all of it overwhelming frankly.  No Star Wars Tales (which I know about and picked up long ago), but pretty much everything else, from say Dark Empire (to mark a start year) to 2014 or so, so like 25 years worth of stuff.

Is there a "cheat sheet" type article or anything is working off of to keep up with whats worth buying and what is not?

For Dark Horse series:

Heir to the Empire 1 4

Clone Wars 1

Legacy

Knights of the Old Republic

Phantom Menace 3

Star Wars 7 10 13 17 19

Jango Fett Open Seasons

Dawn of the Jedi Force Storm

Old Republic

On 2/27/2022 at 5:41 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

It doesn’t have prices, but CBSI has a list of Star Wars first appearances that they update regularly.

Edited by Brock

On 2/27/2022 at 3:41 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Try Key Collectors app. It's not perfect, but it will help whittle down titles down in a hurry. 

Edited by jcjames

On 2/25/2022 at 4:11 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Technically, a later printing is not a first appearance, so while they may be harder to find, the value should be diminished based upon the reality that a possible 5th printing came out months after the 1st.

This !  Too many people that don't understand comics just paying too much buying reprints on 1st appearances because it's rare.  :screwy:

On 2/28/2022 at 3:59 AM, Max Carnage said:

This !  Too many people that don't understand comics just paying too much buying reprints on 1st appearances because it's rare.  :screwy:

People are allowed to buy what they like. And while there may be a consensus on some things, there is not authority on 1st appearances.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:46 AM, ygogolak said:

People are allowed to buy what they like. And while there may be a consensus on some things, there is not authority on 1st appearances.

Yup. The market does what the market does. Sometimes it doesn't make a lot of sense, but such is humanity.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:55 PM, CheeseFrog said:

Yup- decided to look around for the 1:25. No dice… online at least. May try LCS. 

Gotcha. It's hard to be sold out before it even releases. There will be more available as early as tomorrow I would think.