• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What ever happened Joe Madureira?

61 posts in this topic

I know this guy is doing video games but is he ever coming back to comics?  I used to really enjoy his style and would not mind seeing him doing another book.  I was excited AF when Battle Chasers came out until he left us hanging.  I thought he was a hell of a talent.  

53 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

image.png.cd7eb12a44c433e8217bffeacd6b0004.png

I was going to participate with this Kickstarter. 

Originally, people were promised a copy of issue 10... along with this game launch. 

From what I read, they had to give out refunds because they were incapable of finishing the book. 

Just as well really. I think Joe Mad is a really talented artist. His work on Savage Wolverine,  and Battle Chasers, is amazing. But Nightwar bored me to tears and BC didn’t age well for re-readability. 

1 hour ago, D2 said:

I was going to participate with this Kickstarter. 

Originally, people were promised a copy of issue 10... along with this game launch. 

From what I read, they had to give out refunds because they were incapable of finishing the book. 

Just as well really. I think Joe Mad is a really talented artist. His work on Savage Wolverine,  and Battle Chasers, is amazing. But Nightwar bored me to tears and BC didn’t age well for re-readability. 

I did the Kickstarter and I don’t recall ever getting my copy of the game. I did buy it on clearance some time later though.

I never got issues 7-9 as they came out so much later than 1-6.

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

I did the Kickstarter and I don’t recall ever getting my copy of the game. I did buy it on clearance some time later though.

I never got issues 7-9 as they came out so much later than 1-6.

they short changed you on the game?? How is that possible? That's not right

12 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Meh, just glad it came out. It took about as long as BC issues did to come out. lol

Lol maybe Mad is living up to his name... a crazy man that doesn’t deliver. 

what were your opinions on the game?

57 minutes ago, D2 said:

Lol maybe Mad is living up to his name... a crazy man that doesn’t deliver. 

what were your opinions on the game?

I enjoyed the game.  I feel it was short though (story-wise) but it had some good replay potential.

2 hours ago, Yggr said:

Joe Mad was the Humberto Ramos of the 90s, some kind of horrible Mexican manga. Worst X-Men artist ever, completely. ruined the title. I'd rather read X-Men drawn by Rob Liefeld than Joe Mad :sick:

I wouldn't go that far, but I see your point. His art is not for collectors who like 70s/80s art. 

5 hours ago, Yggr said:

Joe Mad was the Humberto Ramos of the 90s, some kind of horrible Mexican manga. Worst X-Men artist ever, completely. ruined the title. I'd rather read X-Men drawn by Rob Liefeld than Joe Mad :sick:

Lol let’s no go Mad...

see what I did there. 

8 hours ago, Crops068 said:

I enjoyed the game.  I feel it was short though (story-wise) but it had some good replay potential.

He is doing the same exact game for Riot League of Legends. Can't lie, I will play it.

Edited by carter3175

On 12/15/2020 at 4:10 PM, Wolverinex said:

Nobody knows...

Sure we do!  We went on to start a gaming company and produced some pretty cool button mashers, mainly Darksiders and Darksiders 2

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er
Post edited by Wertham