• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

I have a question.  Can any mod assign points? The reason I ask is that every point I have been given came from Mod1 . Just wondering if each is assigned an area to work or is it just this one mod that has issues with some of what I post?

Do not get me wrong most of them I do agree and did deserve those points.  

Still it just seems odd that one and only one keeps slapping my posts.

I'm trying to get a tinfoil hat for my avatar to ask some questions, but I can only find the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed hat.

Does this mean my points go up automatically?

44 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have a question.  Can any mod assign points? The reason I ask is that every point I have been given came from Mod1 . Just wondering if each is assigned an area to work or is it just this one mod that has issues with some of what I post?

i donated mod1 to you. you are welcome. get used to it.

i have a doctorate in mod1 slapping. it is not so bad. it only takes 11 years to get used to it.

2 hours ago, electricprune said:

I moved to Ann Arbor about three years ago. It’s hit or miss for me, but it’s a nice college town.

What type of engineering? Civil, automotive, other?

I'm an Electrical Engineer.  I was doing a lot of controls system work back then.  Before I moved out West, it was primarily work in the Automotive Industry.

Then it was Oil & Gas...

Now, I'm in Management... (sigh)

Edited by piper

2 hours ago, Park said:

Yeah, that will really show CGC....

...who makes absolutely no money from the marketplace.

Sure they do.  people slab books and sell them on the marketplace.  Thats like saying a place that paints cars doesnt make any money from the car lot that sells cars they painted.

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Sharon said any mod can assign points.

two of the outed mods are not fair and impartial , they themselves contributed heavily to the problems the old boards had to deal with and now not only are they still engaging in the same destructive type behavior as before,... now they are not only handing out points, they are actually actively baiting members into the type of reply that they can give a point and warning to , all the time hiding with anonymity... well there is nothing that can be done now ,..at least they have been exposed for who the were and are,, 

9 minutes ago, kav said:

Sharon said any mod can assign points.

Thank you. Guess I will have to send a Christmas Card and flowers:foryou: to Mod1 as it seems they are the only one who decides my posts are pull and point worthy. 

( although again I do know some of them definitely did and were even if Mod1 didn't one of them would have)

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Thank you. Guess I will have to send a Christmas Card and flowers:foryou: to Mod1 as it seems they are the only one who decides my posts are pull and point worthy. 

( although again I do know some of them definitely did and were even if Mod1 didn't one of them would have)

I dont think I or anyone I know have ever gotten a strike from any mod but mod1.  Maybe once-cant remember.  Not sure why this is the case.  Maybe @skypinkblu can weigh in-if not that's ok.

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

two of the outed mods are not fair and impartial , they themselves contributed heavily to the problems the old boards had to deal with and now not only are they still engaging in the same destructive type behavior as before,... now they are not only handing out points, they are actually actively baiting members into the type of reply that they can give a point and warning to , all the time hiding with anonymity... well there is nothing that can be done now ,..at least they have been exposed for who the were and are,, 

I can understand your frustration, but my instances were for the most part warranted , deserved, and earned.  Many on threads that "poofed" or were locked.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I dont think I or anyone I know have ever gotten a strike from any mod but mod1.  Maybe once-cant remember.  Not sure why this is the case.  Maybe @skypinkblu can weigh in-if not that's ok.

Well I guess someone has to keep score. 

@Buzzetta:roflmao: 

I wonder how many times he has been tagged in the thread now.. who's keeping score?