• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Maybe we could have a notification holiday? No notifications during Tim's contest.

Meanwhile, I'm going to see if I can find my mailbox under the snow, lol.

This was yesterday about 7 am, there was a lot more by noon;)

image.thumb.png.bfd373a9a3aa02ed983c5c9124815cda.png

That doesn't look like Florida.

1 minute ago, wombat said:

Are the mods assigned to certain sections of the boards?

No, but there have been some sections I can't move stuff in, I only find out when something comes up that needs to be moved. Doesn't come up very often.

Most moderation is done in the sales forums, and it's mostly missing sales requirements or people asking for paypal fees, or for people asking for friends and family pp.

To those who have points, it SEEMS like a lot more is going on, but it's not...the corona virus thread is the most active one I can remember. That's because normally a thread like that would have been locked 8 months ago, but we keep trying to save it.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

No, but there have been some sections I can't move stuff in, I only find out when something comes up that needs to be moved. Doesn't come up very often.

Most moderation is done in the sales forums, and it's mostly missing sales requirements or people asking for paypal fees, or for people asking for friends and family pp.

To those who have points, it SEEMS like a lot more is going on, but it's not...the corona virus thread is the most active one I can remember. That's because normally a thread like that would have been locked 8 months ago, but we keep trying to save it.

Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I wandered into that thread briefly, and walked out with a warning.  The water cooler is a nightmare. :insane:

Ive been closer to banned in comic general than over there

How does one become a not so secret Mod?

Do you have to hate rockers and love the Who?

Are they better dressed than the rest of us?

Is there an application process?

If you fill in the application form without using capital letters and the correct punctuation, will you be stricken from this realm forever?

Will the interview be conducted over Zoom?

If you cry during the interview because you've been picked on - allegedly - by the other Mod's, will that be perceived as a negative or positive?

I don't care who your are, Mod or not, whinging cry baby or not, grammatically incorrect or not, but if you can get rid of this huge column of annoyance - not the secret name of any board member, I promise - on the right of my computer screen, I'll be eternally grateful. 

57 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I didn't hide or unhide anything. I saw the post, laughed and went past it. I have a feeling it was a software glitch.

For those who know me, I didn't care about the babe threads either, although I did post a few men in there as a joke.

Yes, I can see other posts that were hidden, but I'd have to sign in under the other account.

What is that sign in and password btw?

For research purposes, of course.