• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kav said:

wtf

It's what happens when you get old.. You forget what section of the boards you are in and start posting your collection in the wrong thread. 

Even Elmo got tired of being tickled..FB_IMG_1545938281779.jpg.a20b95708eb1abc2d89ead12c15e69a6.jpg

Here... since we are sharing...

Framed and hanging along the side wall of my kitchen... 

New oven was recently installed.  I will be painting the trim left behind from the old oven in a week or two.

image.png.01e4351c5be48d12376ca68990620b57.png

IMG_1095.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

7 hours ago, skypinkblu said:
12 hours ago, kav said:

I dont think I or anyone I know have ever gotten a strike from any mod but mod1.  Maybe once-cant remember.  Not sure why this is the case.  Maybe @skypinkblu can weigh in-if not that's ok.

I'm mod 11, a few  of the people on that list were total  surprises to me. 

I'm mod 8, and also saw a  few surprises on the list.  

8 hours ago, G G ® said:
8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Where exactly are you seeing this as I must be getting totally lost with the intricacies of these new boards here. :(

Needless to say, shall we simply say that a certain Mod has absolutely zero sense of humor and will send you to the CGC sin bin for almost absolutely no reason at all.  :mad:  :censored:

Somehow, I suspect I might be banished for the rest of this year just for posting this comment here.  (tsk)

Expand  

It's all in the thread Lou, but FYI, the avatars have a little 'badge of honour'  in the bottom middle, rather like my avatar but a lot smaller.

Those badges don't tell us who cgcmod1 is, so what revealed their identity?

11 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Women seem a bit over-represented as well.  Sky is making up about 15% of the mods, yet women only make up about 0.5% of active forum members.  It's time to pack the volunteer moderator ranks with a LOT more men.  :sumo:

This post was deleted by a mod less than two minutes after I posted it, but it's back this morning.  I posted it knowing that Sharon wouldn't take it seriously and know I was kidding because we've talked many times over the years, so I'm guessing one mod who assumed I might be misogynist deleted it, but another who knew better undeleted it.

How does that kind of thing work?  I've definitely seen some cagey post deletions, although I wouldn't necessarily include the one from me I just quoted since I get that half of people wouldn't realize I was kidding.  I recall years ago someone would delete any Liberty Meadows comic cover I posted which I found ridiculous, and Roy has been on the shortest of leashes of late.  Although to be fair he's posted some highly political stuff that he adamantly claims isn't political, but some of the things he claims he's gotten deleted and points for seem fairly tame if they were as he represented them to be.

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

This post was deleted by a mod less than two minutes after I posted it, but it's back this morning.  I posted it knowing that Sharon wouldn't take it seriously and know I was kidding because we've talked many times over the years, so I'm guessing one mod who assumed I might be misogynist deleted it, but another who knew better undeleted it.

How does that kind of thing work?  I've definitely seen some cagey post deletions, although I wouldn't necessarily include the one from me I just quoted since I get that half of people wouldn't realize I was kidding.  I recall years ago someone would delete any Liberty Meadows comic cover I posted which I found ridiculous, and Roy has been on the shortest of leashes of late.  Although to be fair he's posted some highly political stuff that he adamantly claims isn't political, but some of the things he claims he's gotten deleted and points for seem fairly tame if they were as he represented them to be.

If 1 mod hides a post, another isn't going to unhide it.  Moderators respect others mods decisions.  

7 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

If 1 mod hides a post, another isn't going to unhide it.  Moderators respect others mods decisions.  

Are you suggesting the same mod who hid it must have un-hid it, then?  I have no clue who did either side, but if I were to guess I would say Blowie hid it, and Sharon un-hid it.  I say that mostly because of how quickly the post was deleted coupled with many examples over most of the last decade where Blowie has frequently assumed that my un-PC humor was either serious or surreptitiously dangerous in some way.

When you're on your moderator account do you see the posts other moderators have deleted/hidden?

Edited by fantastic_four

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Are you suggesting the same mod who hid it must have un-hid it, then?  I have no clue who did either side, but if I were to guess I would say Blowie hid it, and Sharon un-hid it.  I say that mostly because of how quickly the post was deleted coupled with many examples over most of the last decade where Blowie has frequently assumed that my un-PC humor was either serious or surreptitiously dangerous in some way.

When you're on your moderator account do you see the posts other moderators have deleted/hidden?

I wouldn't expect that every question about moderation will be answered.  I would be able to see who hid a post.  I don't think I could tell who removes one just by looking at the post.   If one was hid then un-hid, I don't think I would be able to tell who did it.