• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2021 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
17 17

913 posts in this topic

Ya like I and others said some you more then not likely to get a piece made for you. And could maybe buy a predone piece. Or some may not be doing anything at all. But ya doesn't hurt to go to each of the folks your looking at websites. And get in contact with them. Or if they are rep by someone to see who reps them. And see if x person is taking any lists currently, there price point scale and what time frame may be. I know of a few like bagley, frenz, they do commissions but it's time dependent and would have to get in touch with there reps. I know frenz is rep by Catskill comics, bagley and many others are rep by Spencer beck of the artist's choice. So you can look there for info. The others not sure if they are self rep or have reps but I am sure you can find out by searching.

Well, I did figure out how to get on the wait list for a few artists and I am very excited to share my pieces with you guys in... 18-24 months if I'm lucky? lol

But got on the lists for two artists I admire quite a bit. One I had listed already and one I didn't have in mind but I am super excited to get off the waitlist for them in a year or so...

13 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

Good luck I am on a wait list myself for a silver age female artist fradon. But I am still far down on her list.

She's one of the people I signed up for but the wait time is a year for me. So we'll see I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit longer. But I think it would be awesome to get her to do one of my FSWW1 blanks. Right now I'm thinking either a Yara bubblegum cover or Yara + Diana walking Jerry or something like that. I wanted someone that has ties to WW and Fradon definitely qualifies. I'd love to see her take on Yara anyway :popcorn:

Also got on Frenz's waitlist. I have a Amazing Spider-Man 1 2014 blank and I think I'm going to get a mock of one of his famous covers :devil:

Glad I have a whole year to start setting nickels aside lol 

Ya I going to either have her do something superman related in my DC superman all blank book I have 4 other sketches in. Or something batman related on the batman all blank and start that off for me. I hope I get to me soon. But it all depends what folks are getting and how long it takes her with her age.

4 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

She's one of the people I signed up for but the wait time is a year for me. So we'll see I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit longer. But I think it would be awesome to get her to do one of my FSWW1 blanks. Right now I'm thinking either a Yara bubblegum cover or Yara + Diana walking Jerry or something like that. I wanted someone that has ties to WW and Fradon definitely qualifies. I'd love to see her take on Yara anyway :popcorn:

Also got on Frenz's waitlist. I have a Amazing Spider-Man 1 2014 blank and I think I'm going to get a mock of one of his famous covers :devil:

Glad I have a whole year to start setting nickels aside lol 

I’m about to be on year 5 for Jay Anacleto. Paid year 3…..and still waiting 

I goofed big time,i unfortunatly insulted an artist that is one of the best in his field while having a feedback of the work he was doing for me.the guy is mad .understandably of course any insight would help ,is a situation like that ever hapened to you when asking a drawing,that is a slippery slope  id like to resolve by respect for the artist,if some of you had a simillar experience please help.

38 minutes ago, Namtak said:

I goofed big time,i unfortunatly insulted an artist that is one of the best in his field while having a feedback of the work he was doing for me.the guy is mad .understandably of course any insight would help ,is a situation like that ever hapened to you when asking a drawing,that is a slippery slope  id like to resolve by respect for the artist,if some of you had a simillar experience please help.

Do not know the specifics, but here are a couple of things to read. 

https://ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2007/07/when-art-commissions-go-bad-michael.html?m=1

8 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Do not know the specifics, but here are a couple of things to read. 

https://ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2007/07/when-art-commissions-go-bad-michael.html?m=1

Interesting read but no,not really the artist fault,my bad ,wrote a comment that offuscated him or her.im on painkillers from récent hospital opération,not an excuse lol,next time note to myself dont write to an artist on strong painkillers lol:facepalm:

Edited by Namtak

11 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Interesting read but no,not really the artist fault,my bad ,wrote a comment that offuscated him or her.im on painkillers from récent hospital opération,not an excuse lol,next time note to myself dont write to an artist on strong painkillers lol:facepalm:

One thing I have learned when communicating especially when money or business is involved is to really stop and think it over. When using email or the like I will write out what I am thinking and save, but not send it. I will walk away and come back to it later . Then I will reread what I wrote and think of how it will be perceived or interpreted by the one I have addressed it to and adjust/rewrite as appropriate.   

Unfortunately things like social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Etc) have made it to where most get comfortable just saying whatever comes to their mind and posting it immediately. Which tends to have the opposite effect of what most people intended with their comment due to interpretation. 

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

One thing I have learned when communicating especially when money or business is involved is to really stop and think it over. When using email or the like I will write out what I am thinking and save, but not send it. I will walk away and come back to it later . Then I will reread what I wrote and think of how it will be perceived or interpreted by the one I have addressed it to and adjust/rewrite as appropriate.   

Unfortunately things like social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Etc) have made it to where most get comfortable just saying whatever comes to their mind and posting it immediately. Which tends to have the opposite effect of what most people intended with their comment due to interpretation. 

Yup in deep:facepalm:thats really summise it.