• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Place for Low-Cost Comic Image Hosting?

29 posts in this topic

Well, Summer is over and it is time to start listing all the doubles I've accumulated on eBay. I've never had a ton of auctions up at once in the past so I've always used the free PhotoBucket image hosting service. But since I've got more stuff to list than I've ever had before, I was considering paying for a service to make sure I don't go over the bandwidth limit. Any suggestions on what is the most cost efficient service to use? I've been happy with PhotoBucket and they will charge me $25 for a year's worth of unlimited bandwidth. Anything better than that out there?

Photobucket is great. For the annual fee of $25, unlimited space. I have almost 800 pictures and scans hosted, with total space of over 200 Megs. For $2 a month, it's a bargain. grin.gif

Had the free account and upgraded today acclaim.gif

Great hosting! Cheap too wink.gif

I'm dumping my expensive hosting service and evaluating alternatives. It looks like it is photobucket vs datazap vs imageshack.

Some quick questions:

1. Do either support auto-creation of thumbnails? If not, do you know who does?

2. Does both support viewing the image without nasty adverts? I remember someone I reviewed doing this (imageshack maybe)

3. Has anyone experienced downtimes with their data hosting solution that seems excessive? Reliability is a concern for me.

Thanks in advance-

-Sterl

but....Datazap is unlimited, Photobucket is limited to 1gb....datazap supports all file types.....photobucket only pix...datazap file size limit is 7mb....photobucket is 250kb.

I RTFW (as opposed to RTFM) later tonight and went with datazap....except the temporary user and password didn't work foreheadslap.gif

Okay, how does NOBODY use www.imageshack.us here? It is by FAR the best image hosting site around. Unlimited pix, unlimited bandwidth, 1024kb filesize per pic with no resize. And best of all? ALWAYS FREE.

Go there, and rejoice.

Now.

Not to sound lkike a paid supporter, but this is my love of comics speaking here:

www.IMAGESHACK.US

Okay, how does NOBODY use www.imageshack.us here? It is by FAR the best image hosting site around. Unlimited pix, unlimited bandwidth, 1024kb filesize per pic with no resize. And best of all? ALWAYS FREE.

Go there, and rejoice.

Now.

Not to sound lkike a paid supporter, but this is my love of comics speaking here:

www.IMAGESHACK.US

Don't they enforce popups and advertisements when you link your picture? BTW, does anyone use datazap? I've had a problem signing in and using my account and their non existent customer service has yet to respond. Christo_pull_hair.gif