• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiant Black

157 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2021 at 4:19 PM, Crops068 said:

Well that sucks, def keep us informed!

Just sent a follow up email to my email from last month inquiring about the status of the order and attached Kyle’s statement on the matter. 

I’ll keep you posted. 

On 7/30/2021 at 4:21 PM, awakeintheashes said:
On 7/30/2021 at 4:19 PM, Crops068 said:

Well that sucks, def keep us informed!

Just sent a follow up email to my email from last month inquiring about the status of the order and attached Kyle’s statement on the matter. 

I’ll keep you posted. 

Well that was quick. I just received a response to my email. The raw unsigned copies will be mailed out next week from their LA office. The CGC books were picked up at CGC and mailed out from Florida. 

On 7/30/2021 at 3:25 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Well that was quick. I just received a response to my email. The raw unsigned copies will be mailed out next week from their LA office. The CGC books were picked up at CGC and mailed out from Florida. 

Oh nice, that was quick!

On 7/30/2021 at 3:08 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Got my CGC SS foils today…didn’t get that 7.5 but didn’t get 2 9.8 either. 
5E8A6E32-F166-4A7A-B1AD-727F9D3A85A7.thumb.jpeg.b0ef789cb8e0e6b2a3089aa120dbcd13.jpeg

I'm still waiting on info about mine.  So far Paypal doesn't even show it has been shipped.  
But they are looking into it.

On 7/30/2021 at 5:21 PM, BobBain said:

I'm still waiting on info about mine.  So far Paypal doesn't even show it has been shipped.  
But they are looking into it.

I didn’t get a shipping update from PayPal. I did receive a stamps.com email, though, but I had no idea who it was from. I just put two and two together. 

You can email comicsketchart@gmail.com and they are very responsive. I emailed last month about the status of the order and received an email that day. I emailed today about the raw copies and got a response in minutes. 

On 7/30/2021 at 10:02 PM, Tnexus said:

I suspect that the Montes foils are holding things up seeing as they aren't on the census. Probably those that got both are not getting them shipped until both arrive.

It looks like the Montes foils are out as well.

eBay

Not sure if this is the "Virgin Cover" or the "Variant Cover F"

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 7/30/2021 at 9:20 PM, awakeintheashes said:

It looks like the Montes foils are out as well.

eBay

Not sure if this is the "Virgin Cover" or the "Variant Cover F"

F is the non foil. The only virgin cover variant I see is a store exclusive. That one had a SS option from the artist.

On 7/31/2021 at 11:09 AM, Tnexus said:

F is the non foil. The only virgin cover variant I see is a store exclusive. That one had a SS option from the artist.

That’s the foil signed by Higgins. As he stated he’s not signing more of those than the 50 he signed as part of the Comic Sketch Art exclusive. 

not sure if the link worked or not. 

On 7/31/2021 at 8:53 AM, awakeintheashes said:

That’s the foil signed by Higgins. As he stated he’s not signing more of those than the 50 he signed as part of the Comic Sketch Art exclusive. 

not sure if the link worked or not. 

Yeah I know. I just think the "F" variant is just the non foil. Those that are SS are likely Montez sigs. There wouldn't be that many non SS on the census if it was indeed the foil.

On 7/30/2021 at 3:08 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Got my CGC SS foils today…didn’t get that 7.5 but didn’t get 2 9.8 either. 
5E8A6E32-F166-4A7A-B1AD-727F9D3A85A7.thumb.jpeg.b0ef789cb8e0e6b2a3089aa120dbcd13.jpeg

are you specing on the title or just liked the cover? my lcs has a 9.8 virgin non-metal cover and i cant justify pulling the trigger on it at 150$

also, comic sketch art are good guys if you have never used them before. 

Edited by NWOslave

On 8/1/2021 at 11:42 AM, NWOslave said:

are you specing on the title or just liked the cover? my lcs has a 9.8 virgin non-metal cover and i cant justify pulling the trigger on it at 150$

also, comic sketch art are good guys if you have never used them before. 

I like the book and grabbed a couple of these when they were offered before #1 dropped.  

I’m not really speccing on it, but I think I have 10 or so of the 1:50 Montes cover that I purchased way below ratio and when people were giving up on the book early on. 

Montez Foil B is out on the census, and it's... not good. Anyone who promised 9.8s on these for presale is going to be screwed. Also, how in the world do you send in 9.0s when it's a 500 print run?!

Country/Variant - Foil Edition B
  Grade Universal Qualified Signature Series Restored
See Detail
  Total
Mint   10.0 0 0 0 0   0
Mint   9.9 0 0 0 0   0
Near Mint/Mint   9.8 0 0 1 0   1
Near Mint +   9.6 0 0 9 0   9
Near Mint   9.4 0 0 3 0   3
Near Mint -   9.2 0 0 2 0   2
Very Fine/Near Mint   9.0 0 0 2 0   2

On 8/9/2021 at 2:24 PM, Tnexus said:

Montez Foil B is out on the census, and it's... not good. Anyone who promised 9.8s on these for presale is going to be screwed. Also, how in the world do you send in 9.0s when it's a 500 print run?!

He only signed 50, so that’s probably why. It’s possible some of the damage occurred when he was signing. 

So here's some interesting data. There's two listings for AP versions of the Montes signed foils on Ebay right now. One is a sold listing for $650, and the other is a guy who supposedly has two copies and two have been sold already (though I can't find anything in his history showing prior sales.) Dude also claims to have a CBCS signed copy although that was never offered by ComicSketchArt. Both are graded copies and CGC 9.8s. His username is vetcomix. We have a JoeNavy from earlier in this thread who said he bought half of the stock when these came out. Also interestingly enough, these APs are listed as the "Variant Cover F", not the "Foil Edition B" variant. Signed dates all show 5/2/2021 so it's likely these all were from the ComicSketchArt batch. Same seller also 6 copies of the other foil variant that he claims are Kyle Higgins's personal copies and are labeled as APs, yet his picture shows issue 48/100.

Two things things stand out here. So yeah. Does this mean ComicSketchArt oversold its claimed 50 and is sold the APs? Does this mean that vetcomix (and perhaps JoeNavy) is Kyle Higgins? Likely not, but it's very weird. Also, the Census lists 28 SS copies for "Variant Cover F", 24 of which are 9.8s. "Foil Edition B" has 17 graded SS copies, yet only one of which is 9.8. "Variant Cover F" also has a ton of non-SS graded copies, so it's definitely supposed to be the 1:50 variant, but it looks like CGC screwed up. Foil Edition B just popped up on the census, so it's 99% likely these are the Montez foils.

On a final note, I don't have a problem with AP copies, but CGC SS grading them leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe that's just me though.

Edited by Tnexus

Yeah, it’s messed up whatever is going on. Seems like the best way to get an explanation about it is Twitter. According to a post when this all went down, he was not going to sign the foils ever again outside of the Comic Sketch Art offering. 

There were some tweets about making things right back when it all went down. Not sure if Kyle had these sent to CGC along with the others and were set aside for the squeaky wheels.

Edit: In looking at where those books are coming from on eBay (Schenectady, NY). it lines up with the two brothers from the Albany area who were @‘ing Higgins like crazy when this all went down. 

On 8/11/2021 at 10:09 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Edit: In looking at where those books are coming from on eBay (Schenectady, NY). it lines up with the two brothers from the Albany area who were @‘ing Higgins like crazy when this all went down. 

I must have missed that part, which brothers were those?

On 8/12/2021 at 7:38 AM, awakeintheashes said:

There’s more back and forth but you get the idea. 
A4D9315F-EB18-418D-81C5-ED44CA30F312.thumb.jpeg.7d3f37e4e378f9a38a870908a0b819d2.jpegEDD212DA-4405-4E5C-ACF5-3355AEC5E80B.thumb.png.d0f83371f0a08e580eb5e449ee47bfd5.png

promising not to sign more is lol, thats completely relying on him to not mess up or stop caring. or some one putting one in a blacked out bag with sig window

Edited by williamblood

Higgins retweeted a video or some dude who got his limit 50 foil CGC SS 9.8. It is an AP copy as well. Has there been any numbered limit 50 foils? My finch foils were xx/100