• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiant Black

157 posts in this topic

Not sure what this means, but FYI if it becomes something...

Also, I guess there is going to be some announcement to go along with issue three.

Edited by awakeintheashes

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

Well holy......

Yep glad I am picking this up, that came outta left field.

Letters section said issues 1-3 happened for a reason. Is it possible

Spoiler

Nathan is Radiant Red from a different time or reality? Seems like he also has some money troubles. 

16 minutes ago, Tnexus said:

Another great issue. Really love the direction (and misdirection) this series is going.

Agree. The last two issues have really picked up the pace and the action. 

7 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Agree. The last two issues have really picked up the pace and the action. 

I was dropping the book until issue 4.  I liked 1-2 but I really did not care for #3.  Issue 4 though man that changed my mind and issue 5 is not different.  Such a great set of surprises.

Also if you are not on Twitter to see or even interact with Radiant Black and Red you are missing out, it is part of the reason I event contemplated getting issue 4 after my disappointment with issue 3.

On 7/28/2021 at 3:53 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Got my shipping notice today for what I assume is the CGC SS foils from back in January. I hope anyone who pre-sold a 9.8 gets a 9.8. Based on the census, it doesn’t look like they all were. 

Yeah those numbers do not look great. 15 9.8s, 7 9.6s, 2 9.4s and 1 7.5 (wtf). I'm also confused why only one of the foils is on the census and not the other. Has me scared what I'm about to get back. I feel like if you got 500 copies to pick from, there's really no excuse to get anything lower than 1-2 9.6s.

Edited by Tnexus

On 7/28/2021 at 10:29 PM, Tnexus said:

Yeah those numbers do not look great. 15 9.8s, 7 9.6s, 2 9.4s and 1 7.5 (wtf). I'm also confused why only one of the foils is on the census and not the other. Has me scared what I'm about to get back. I feel like if you got 500 copies to pick from, there's really no excuse to get anything lower than 1-2 9.6s.

Yeah, I’m not sure how they did it. I think one of the foils is mislabeled on the census, but no idea if that’s the limit 50 or 100. Is that what numbers were for the two covers? It’s been so long. 

I guess I’ll find out what I got in a couple days. 

On 7/28/2021 at 9:56 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, I’m not sure how they did it. I think one of the foils is mislabeled on the census, but no idea if that’s the limit 50 or 100. Is that what numbers were for the two covers? It’s been so long. 

I guess I’ll find out what I got in a couple days. 

The Finch foil was limited to 100 copies (lies!). The Montes foil was limited to 50 copies (lies!).
And not everyone would have ordered theirs with the additional CGC option.
We will also be receiving an additional foil copy with our CGC books for free. 

Edited by BobBain

On 7/29/2021 at 9:53 AM, BobBain said:

The Finch foil was limited to 100 copies (lies!). The Montes foil was limited to 50 copies (lies!).
And not everyone would have ordered theirs with the additional CGC option.

Yeah, the whole thing got pretty messy. I guess Higgins isn't going to sign any of the foils outside of the 50 Montes and 100 Finch he signed as part of this sale. 

The Montes were sold out when I hit his newsletter link, but I was able to snag 2 Finch foils and opted for CGC SS. Curious to see what they got. 

im glad i gave this series a second chance. people on FB kept talking about the ending of #4 so i went back and read 2, 3 then 4. I tell you what by the time i got to issue 3 and that dad scene at the kitchen table i was invested. that scene hit hard for me personally since i had been in a similar situation. 

i like kyle is providing back story on on his characters. issue 6 was no different. 

i didnt notice this but Kyle is also writing the new Darkhawk so i might just check that out also. 

On 7/29/2021 at 1:28 PM, NWOslave said:

im glad i gave this series a second chance. people on FB kept talking about the ending of #4 so i went back and read 2, 3 then 4. I tell you what by the time i got to issue 3 and that dad scene at the kitchen table i was invested. that scene hit hard for me personally since i had been in a similar situation. 

i like kyle is providing back story on on his characters. issue 6 was no different. 

i didnt notice this but Kyle is also writing the new Darkhawk so i might just check that out also. 

Issue 4 really sealed the deal for me with Radiant Black.

On 7/30/2021 at 3:08 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Got my CGC SS foils today…didn’t get that 7.5 but didn’t get 2 9.8 either. 
5E8A6E32-F166-4A7A-B1AD-727F9D3A85A7.thumb.jpeg.b0ef789cb8e0e6b2a3089aa120dbcd13.jpeg

Did you get the raws with them?  Wasn't that the deal?

On 7/30/2021 at 3:15 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, that was the deal, and nope, I didn’t get them. I plan to email Comic Sketch Art soon. 

Well that sucks, def keep us informed!