• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Biggest over-payment on a comic you've seen?
4 4

78 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I’m not gonna lie, I’ve thought about cracking this Mile High book I got from @Robot Man.  It would be awesome to, *gasp*, hold it on my hands and flip through it.  Action 1, Bob Colt 2, I really don’t see a difference. 

B0BEF0DA-74A5-41F1-9219-CFDF901F554D.jpeg

Open it. Smell it!! Look at it in the light and check out the gloss! :baiting:

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

I hope you don't. They are worth protecting. Also, if you have an Action 1, I will pay you Bob Colt prices for it. Since - as you say - there is no difference.

I agree, they are worth protecting.  I know how to handle a comic book though.  I’m not going to read it on the john like another one of our esteemed board members.  

And yeah, let me PM you my PP addy.  I’ll ship my Action 1 media mail to save you some coin, pal.

36 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Apparently I am an ego maniac.

This place lost me a while back when I was simply sexist.

You have a steady hand for sure, lots of self confidence in how you handle the blade. If it were me next time CGC graded it would say, "Top edge trimmed"

32 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Glad you got it @DocHoppus182A guy like you was exactly who I hoped would get it. I bought a group of slabbed Church books many years ago VERY cheap. So I thought why not price it very fair to someone who just wanted to own a piece of history. 

Now, it is Bob Colt #2 and only a mere 6.0 not like a coded men in tights or horror book. This one was probably one of the ones stacked in piles directly on the basement floor. Chuckles probably originally sold it for $5-$6. 

Cracking it is up to you. It is a Fawcett so probably no gloss. Probably no “smell” since it was probably never in the closet. It probably has the whitest pages you will ever see on a comic. I doubt it would be that great a read. But you might get a buzz off Edgar’s dna...:roflmao:

And afterwards, you can fall into the fools trap of getting it re-submitted in one of those new “beautiful” grey labels. Probably be pretty cheap.

Whatever you decide, enjoy it. Glad it went to a good home!

I’m so happy I got it RM!  Holding a piece of comic history in my hands would be thrilling for me.