• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men 25 holograms
2 2

19 posts in this topic

The second one looks more like the usual - an amber to green color overall, but will shift in color a bit when viewed from different angles, changes in lighting, different camera lenses, etc.

The first is a blue hologram error, which is found sometimes, in varying amounts of blue, sometimes almost black.  Also can be any combination of color "blotches" in it, such as being mostly amber/green with a heavy blue area.

The blue hologram Wolverine is the only recognized error of the 6 fatal attraction holograms that were produced.  At mycomicshop.com, they list it as an error.  Since all 6 probably have similar instances, I don't know why only 1 is differentiated.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=wolverine+75&pubid=&PubRng=     4th image down 

Some people (like me) collect the different error holograms.  Some people will tell you that they are intentionally or accidentally fabricated (usually heating), but I have never seen any evidence of this.

15 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

The second one looks more like the usual - an amber to green color overall, but will shift in color a bit when viewed from different angles, changes in lighting, different camera lenses, etc.

The first is a blue hologram error, which is found sometimes, in varying amounts of blue, sometimes almost black.  Also can be any combination of color "blotches" in it, such as being mostly amber/green with a heavy blue area.

The blue hologram Wolverine is the only recognized error of the 6 fatal attraction holograms that were produced.  At mycomicshop.com, they list it as an error.  Since all 6 probably have similar instances, I don't know why only 1 is differentiated.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=wolverine+75&pubid=&PubRng=     4th image down 

Some people (like me) collect the different error holograms.  Some people will tell you that they are intentionally or accidentally fabricated (usually heating), but I have never seen any evidence of this.

Wolvie isnt the only one, I've also seen cable 25, would have bought it, but it was a green hologram error and I prefer the blue and or black

You can see that the cable 25 sold on Ebay with the green error

3791495_Full_Obv.jpg

3206906_Full_Obv.jpg

3204785_Full_Obv.jpg

1 minute ago, IkewithMike said:

Gotta go back a LOT farther than that

This is probably the one with the most posts lol

And has the other books with the designation other than my 3 @Lightning55 you've even posted and seen those books

Still probably before OP time :foryou:

1 minute ago, lostboys said:

Thanks for the info.

Is there any added value or is it just a cool thing to collect the diff covers?

It's a matter of perspective 

It's a niche, of seemingly books that aren't all that special I guess from a value perspective,  but if you're a wolvie fan, they hold relevance due to story.

The errors may give rise to the collector of oddities, but at least they may have more value than the non errors. 

It being a relevant story, provides speculation,  which gives way to value of the oddity.

12 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

Pretty sure there is a thread or three in copper on Xmen 25

You know I didnt think about it doh!

Come to think about it,  I bought my wolvie #75 from someone in a copper thread lol

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You know I didnt think about it doh!

Come to think about it,  I bought my wolvie #75 from someone in a copper thread lol

Actually now that you say it, I think it was a Wolvy 75 thread I am thinking of

4 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

haha and newsstand to boot! :tink: 

2 minutes ago, WeR138 said:

I found a black hologram X-Men 25 this last weekend. It's pretty beat up, which makes me think there is something to the idea that storage has something to do with it.

Doesnt really explain all the high grades, and people have tried to replicate with no success.

That said

The ones with cracked holograms get distorted designation too? That might me replicable idk

On 2/3/2021 at 12:07 PM, fastballspecial said:

Ive found cracked ones, missing ones(but I think they were removed), blue and 
one Black. 

Black seems toughest to find. Blue are rare too, but Ive found a few.

Id love to find an upside down one.

I was just looking through mine and it's actually upside down, LOL.

Do you know the scoop on these? I haven't been able to find any info or listings of any others.

IMG_5241.jpg