• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pokemon Tcg—- Show off your cards!!!!

142 posts in this topic

REVEALED!

20210411_152721.thumb.jpg.227f7268f23511de6a09d35709a7f6af.jpg

Building a 25th Ann. Collection.

There's more to come as we are just past 1/3 into the year. Also waiting on orders to come in lol

Here's the current listing shown.

10 Complete McD 25 Holo AND Non-Holo.

30 Sealed McD Meal Packs

30 McD Deck Holders

55 McD Packs

??? McD Sticker Sets (I'll recount later)

103 General Mills Family Size Packs

100 2021 Lunar Pikachu Red Envelopes (while there is no official 25 Ann. on these, I feel they still count in a way)

Some of the off picture stuff I'll share is there are several intact in great condition cereal boxes(I think over 120 of em). Also the Partner Pack Jumbo cards which I got a case of coming in as well as those jumbo binders. Picked up a few posters which I think is a decent pickup when the poke center store limits 4 binders -.-*

If you read upto this point and want in, here is my greatest advice and wish I saw from the start how much better than kinda overspending here. Get the McD Meal Pack CASES 150ct. These are by far the best in everyday from price to condition. Some of my holos got center wear from rough handling by employees. Getting a sealed case is perfect since it'll be handled with care and far more likely to have the best condition when 99% were not by employees. Price is dumb good too cause you can find cases for $700 still making each Meal Pack less then $5. Packs alone sell for $8-12 right now so you do the math.

If you pickup a case, open it to verify contents, sealed it up and seran wrap and place case in another box with shipping materials. Come back in 5 years if you want quick gains for hold for the 50th Ann. where a case like that would hold a serious premium. 

Happy Hunting!

OMG - I made a once in a decade one of a kind discovery at a dumb price.

I want to share but I will be starting my 3rd and Final 2021 Poke Collection and don't want to give it completely away(though anyone who follows what I post can easily guess what the 3rd Collection will be lol )

All I can say is I found an error vintage card for the Final Collection, and it's a GOOD one---- NO, It's literally going to be THE Trophy of likely my entire Poke Collection dating back even 22 years ago.

And I only paid $200 for it lol 

4 hours ago, ProfessorCFK said:

Just got these back from CGC - my 2004 competitive season promo cards.

One of the things that I love about the Charmander line slabs is that they call out the date of 2004. According to PSA, the Charmander line promos are all 2003 cards. While this would be correct if you went purely on the copywrite date and/or set (EX Dragons) release date, calling these 2003 cards is factually incorrect. The charmander, charmeleon, and charizard were all released in 2004 at their respective tournaments.

I was worried that the charmander line was going to have the 2003 date, which would have messed up my competitive season display that I am working on. I also have no idea why the Portuguese Tropical Wind scored 6.5 - I really cannot find any flaws that would warrant such a low grade. I won't lose any sleep over it though because I won these cards in 2004 and never have any intention of selling them.

2021-04-26 (1).jpg

2021-04-26.jpg

2021-04-26 (2).jpg

Sweet Collection man, even better you won them!

The reason some of those Tropical Wind Cards graded low was for Surface. If you look at the cards with higher Surface Grade, you'll notice they are not faded. You can even see the Fade with the 8 Card too.

Likely exposure to sunlight. It doesn't take long for UV to do serious damage to almost anything. Likely was left somewhere that sunlight hit it for extended periods of time.

On 4/27/2021 at 12:45 AM, Toybot said:

You can even see the Fade with the 8 Card too.

Likely exposure to sunlight. It doesn't take long for UV to do serious damage to almost anything. Likely was left somewhere that sunlight hit it for extended periods of time.

Eh, I'd have to strongly disagree that the low score is for sun damage for a few reasons. 1 - I'm pretty sure those are just the normal border colors for non-English/non-Japanese cards printed by The Pokemon Company in 2003/2004. 2 - these cards have never been exposed to sunlight. They have been stored in 9-card pages in this zipped-binder since I was given them for participating in Worlds 2004. 

2021-04-29.jpg

On 4/29/2021 at 6:50 PM, ProfessorCFK said:

Eh, I'd have to strongly disagree that the low score is for sun damage for a few reasons. 1 - I'm pretty sure those are just the normal border colors for non-English/non-Japanese cards printed by The Pokemon Company in 2003/2004. 2 - these cards have never been exposed to sunlight. They have been stored in 9-card pages in this zipped-binder since I was given them for participating in Worlds 2004. 

2021-04-29.jpg

It's pretty clear the surface became faded and the #1 culprit tends to be sunlight. If it's sunlight, it likely faded before you received them. I never been to a Championship but don't they have the cards out for display before you won them? It's possible that's when they got hit by direct sunlight. It really doesn't take a long time to start fading cards especially behind some kind of glass that can amplify the light. The only other way is high heat for a long time like a super hot attic.

Till you mentioned it, I didn't notice the border was a silver color for the 8 card(cool). I was simply pointing out that it scored 7 on surface, you can clearly see how more faded it was compared to the cards which graded 9 on the surface. Just trying to explain why the cards got graded the way they were.

On 5/1/2021 at 2:11 AM, Toybot said:

It's pretty clear the surface became faded and the #1 culprit tends to be sunlight. If it's sunlight, it likely faded before you received them. I never been to a Championship but don't they have the cards out for display before you won them? It's possible that's when they got hit by direct sunlight. It really doesn't take a long time to start fading cards especially behind some kind of glass that can amplify the light. The only other way is high heat for a long time like a super hot attic.

Till you mentioned it, I didn't notice the border was a silver color for the 8 card(cool). I was simply pointing out that it scored 7 on surface, you can clearly see how more faded it was compared to the cards which graded 9 on the surface. Just trying to explain why the cards got graded the way they were.

Its most likely not fading from sunlight as the OP suggested. The foreign cards from that time frame were printed differently and the coloring is slightly different and the cards have those lighter borders. If you open any packs of Spanish or Portuguese from that era you will get those lighter borders, so would make sense they printed the promos of those languages in the same manner.

5 hours ago, sellerservicescorp said:

Its most likely not fading from sunlight as the OP suggested. The foreign cards from that time frame were printed differently and the coloring is slightly different and the cards have those lighter borders. If you open any packs of Spanish or Portuguese from that era you will get those lighter borders, so would make sense they printed the promos of those languages in the same manner.

I thought about that to but it actually doesn't make sense. If a say Spanish version of a perfect 10 is faded still, then it wouldn't get dinged for it. It's the same thing with shadowless/1st edition base. Most of those cards are much more "faded"(not really, just less color during print or something like that) compared to unlimited. Shadowless/1st Edition do not get dinged for being more "faded". 

So one of 2 things- CGC screwed up and not realizing these cards are normally that "faded" compared to their counterparts, or as I said, sunlight.

I'm still banking on sunlight cause I have serious doubts that these specific cards were all made in completely different factories. Extremely limited run Promos like this would very likely be made in the same factory thus there should be no difference in the standard out of factory quality and normally cards don't come faded from the factory, it's extremely rare.

9 minutes ago, Toybot said:

I thought about that to but it actually doesn't make sense. If a say Spanish version of a perfect 10 is faded still, then it wouldn't get dinged for it. It's the same thing with shadowless/1st edition base. Most of those cards are much more "faded"(not really, just less color during print or something like that) compared to unlimited. Shadowless/1st Edition do not get dinged for being more "faded". 

So one of 2 things- CGC screwed up and not realizing these cards are normally that "faded" compared to their counterparts, or as I said, sunlight.

I'm still banking on sunlight cause I have serious doubts that these specific cards were all made in completely different factories. Extremely limited run Promos like this would very likely be made in the same factory thus there should be no difference in the standard out of factory quality and normally cards don't come faded from the factory, it's extremely rare.

They aren't faded - that's just the color of non-English cards manufactured in that time period. If it was sun fading, the other non-English cards would have also been dinged for having different colored borders, such as the 9.5 German card, 9.0 Spanish card or 9.0 French card - they all have the same lighter colored border. There is something else going on.

Feel free to look at it up close - the cert of the Portuguese card is 3803167035.

28 minutes ago, ProfessorCFK said:

They aren't faded - that's just the color of non-English cards manufactured in that time period. If it was sun fading, the other non-English cards would have also been dinged for having different colored borders, such as the 9.5 German card, 9.0 Spanish card or 9.0 French card - they all have the same lighter colored border. There is something else going on.

Feel free to look at it up close - the cert of the Portuguese card is 3803167035.

Maybe you should talk to CGC? If the cards are suppose to be that "faded" due to different manufacturing then it deserves a higher score.

6 hours ago, ProfessorCFK said:

Yeah gotta be something else going on with the card. Thats just how the foreign cards were printed with the lighter colors during that time period, just cracked a fresh sealed case of Spanish Diamond & Pearl a couple of weeks ago and opened a few packs and the borders are "faded" exactly like that.