• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the word on the street about conventions this year ?

56 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Why then? What is going to change between now and then? Will the corona be irradicated in 2022? Corona is a thing and it will always exist now. Million years of human existence and it showed up last March somehow. Its not a plague that comes and goes throughout the years, its a sickness that like Aids is always going to exist.  So what is going to change between now and the end of time that is going to make the governments of the world say "ok take off your masks and resume everything like before"? I'm just trying to understand peoples logic because I've seen a lot of statements like yours. We've been forced to live like this for a year now. I'm trying to figure out what people think is going to change that will make things go back to how they were when we went to shows without worrying that the person next to us breathe is going to kill us.

The big difference is that while you will still catch the virus, even with the vaccine, the vaccine is so far 100% effective at keeping you out of intensive care. If we do not have to worry about grandma dying because we went to a comic convention, then yeah, things will trend back to normal. Masks will still be worn and there will probably be social distancing in restaurants but not overwhelming our hospitals and killing our elderly will be a huge step forward and will allow a large lurch back to pre-pandemic normal. Get vaccinated or go catch the virus; either way, you will be helping the world.

19 minutes ago, Courageous Cat said:

hey! 99.6 survival rate if u catch it

There are plenty of other severe harms beyond death, as has been well-established. Focusing on just the death rate is myopic, stupid, and misleading, not to mention the fact that, even if I don't die, I might pass it on to someone else who is vulnerable and might die, or suffer far worse. It's basic human decency to act in ways that will avoid catching this disease; unfortunately, human decency now seems in short supply.

22 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I was so amazed by this virus last year that I just had to have the first "Covid" cover on a comic book...Now my life is complete...:insane:

50332187431_43a398b459_c.jpg

Wow! (I know, kind of a waste of a post to just say Wow but Wow!).

1 hour ago, bpc3qh said:

There are plenty of other severe harms beyond death, as has been well-established. Focusing on just the death rate is myopic, stupid, and misleading, not to mention the fact that, even if I don't die, I might pass it on to someone else who is vulnerable and might die, or suffer far worse. It's basic human decency to act in ways that will avoid catching this disease; unfortunately, human decency now seems in short supply.

And this folks is why you will never enter a convention again without a mask, board a plane without a mask, shop without a mask and inevitably be required to vaccinate before entering any public area period, or god forbid go to your place of employment. Gotta hand it to to the powers that be, it worked . Well done and not a shot fired

6 hours ago, G G ® said:

One corona thread is enough.....Just sayin'.

Yes, we don't need to have more opportunities to be banished to the CGC sin bin by Mod1 who seems to read almost every single post in these kinds of threads to be some kind of political statement even when they are clearly not meant as such.  :mad:  :censored:

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, we don't need to have more opportunities to be banished to the CGC sin bin by Mod1 who seems to read almost every single post in these kinds of threads to be some kind of political statement even when they are clearly not meant as such.  :mad:  :censored:

Not meant to be initially sure, but let's be honest, it's devolved into that.

2 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Not meant to be initially sure, but let's be honest, it's devolved into that.

I'll try to steer out of the skid: what shows have been scheduled? I know WW Chicago is scheduled for June, Baltimore for October, and C2E2 for December; what other big shows have confirmed dates?

3 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I'll try to steer out of the skid: what shows have been scheduled? I know WW Chicago is scheduled for June, Baltimore for October, and C2E2 for December; what other big shows have confirmed dates?

I just thought c2e2 in December and emerald con around then 

5 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

You know alot more than me lol. I just hope there's something scheduled out here on the west coast. I mean at least scheduled so there's a chance it's happening.

52 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

That's why I posted a comic...(wink, wink, nod, nod)...hm

53 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

The post directly above yours isn't political? It's hyperbolic and idiotic but definitely political. 

20 hours ago, Badger said:

Get vaccinated or go catch the virus; either way, you will be helping the world.

I don't know about that.  But I am pretty sure Batman was Anti-Vax. (I know,that was just terrible).

Detective-Comics-35.jpg

Edited by Professor Chaos
new photo evidence found

On 2/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, Professor Chaos said:

I don't want to debate. And I won't here. I just wanted an answer

I don't want to answer here. I only want to debate. So I guess we'll disagree to agree.

conventions aren't happening. Everyone will talk about Fall until the end of summer, then cancel the events, reservations, flights, etc.  Just accept it now, and get over it.

otherwise, the only thing useful about this thread is at least 2, I don't know what to call them anymore, individuals have revealed themselves to be utterly useless to any discussion and can be put on the ignore list.

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION