• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBCS
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Everyone, including Cgc agrees that cbcs exists.

but they are totally separate companies

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

Oops s**t!!! Mu bad.....here 

Screenshot_20210202-195610_Facebook.jpg

As a book that is generally available, I would suggest getting another copy.  Don't invest any more funds into this one (unless it has sentimental value).  You can probably do better buying a raw copy and submitting to CGC yourself.

Just now, Yorick said:

As a book that is generally available, I would suggest getting another copy.  Don't invest any more funds into this one (unless it has sentimental value).  You can probably do better buying a raw copy and submitting to CGC yourself.

Yeah tha sounds better.  Thank you all so much! Not sure abut sending anything to them again now thay cgc is trying to catch up.  

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

Yeah tha sounds better.  Thank you all so much! Not sure abut sending anything to them again now thay cgc is trying to catch up.  

Is this one seeing a price difference because it's a newsstand copy?  Personally, I've always liked the art "box" rather than a UPC code.

2 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Is this one seeing a price difference because it's a newsstand copy?  Personally, I've always liked the art "box" rather than a UPC code.

I can see that but I'm kind of the opposite; I like the bar  lol . Honestly , my thoughts were that it would grade higher in different hands. I'll hang on to this one and see if I can grab a different one.  👍

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

CGC would regrade the book, and are generally more strict than CBCS.  

That's odd, I heard the opposite from others that V. Was more harsh on grading.🤔

Not to say that your wrong ove just heard the other way around from different collectors.  

2 hours ago, Ninja0215 said:

That's odd, I heard the opposite from others that V. Was more harsh on grading.🤔

Not to say that your wrong ove just heard the other way around from different collectors.  

anyone who says that is high. never happens. 

V being stricter is BS.  There's a reason why a cgc slab is more expensive than a V slab for the same grade.  I ate one of those when I was being cheap and tried to save 100 bucks on a NM 98  got the 9.8 cbcs and then ate a downgrade when I sent it in for Claremont 

Just now, Pontoon said:

With such a giant color breaking sub crease, that book would never pull higher than a 4.0.

An excellent poin! I guess it was wishful thinking on my part. It was listed as a 6.5 so I almost felt like I got robbed in grading but it was actually in purchasing...rantrant