• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AS 8 continues to nose dive
2 2

86 posts in this topic

May have been a lot of investor types (not collectors) buying up many in anticipation of WW84 making it even more attractive to the next investor.  

Now folks are unloading a lot of WW related books (feast or famine) because the film was lambasted by a large number  of comic movie fans.

Prices will come down to probably what they actually should be?

That said, yes it's still relatively undervalued in comparison to other 1st appearance comic book icon keys, but if WW was featured in that crystal ball along side Dr Midnight and Starman, or the cover was more like something along the lines of Pep 22, this would probably not be the case. 

Yup, been saying it for years ever since AS 8 started hitting those record prices several years ago that it was way overpriced and that the book will go back down to earth someday.  Kinda reminded me of MF #73.  The problem was solely because AS #8 is and was widely available for sale in multiple venues (auction houses, comic conventions, private sales, etc.)  and no WW on the cover which really was a turn off for me.  Also the book shot up way too fast, unlike Sensation 1 and WW 1 which in my opinion have had steadier growth.  Here are some examples I recorded on past sales during its height:

CGC 1.5 Brittle - $15,700 (2017)

CBCS 1.5 - $21,250 (2017)

CBCS 1.8 - $27,500 (2016)

CGC 2.0 - $31,000 (2016)

CGC 4.0 -$53,775 (2017)

CGC 4.5 $49,400 (2017)

CGC 5.0 $58,000 (2017)

CGC 5.5 - $83,900 (2017)

CGC 9.0 - $411,000 (2016)

Seems that current FMV of lower to mid grade is around half of what I posted above. To those who want a copy in your collection, I think now is the time to buy (thumbsu

Not appearing on the cover is BETTER, not worse.  It's more rare and more interesting to find hidden gems in the back pages that went on to be successful.  Instead of hyped up from the start.  Action #1 runs into the problem of having Superman's first printed image being in More Fun #31.

Edited by ChillMan

41 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

but did it go through spinal realignment surgery? hm  or does it just have a bad case of the Cole Shaves syndrome

first thing I was wondering also, but still.   5 years later and price is down.