• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will having just "CGC" on the receiver instead of "CGC Trading Cards" impact my package?

9 posts in this topic

Today I realized I accidently sent off my UPS package of cards to just "CGC" instead of "CGC Trading Cards", after it's delivery. Though everything else on the shipping label was correctly done and labeled.

Does this mishap affect my package at all like it's turnaround time? If so, what can I do to prevent that and get it fixed and in the right direction?

1 hour ago, PaulS. said:

Yes, if you sent it UPS to the street address it will likely add a week or so as Comics has a longer delay opening packages.

Paul

So no way to fix that unfortunately? I could have sworn someone had a similar issue with their card shipment and their issue was resolved?

Paul,

Please put this warning in the "how to ship" section! Just a simple warning that says if sent with the wrong company name (I used CGC Grading Services bc i didnt know) it will increase turnaround times by a week or two. Would save you guys and customers some time and frustraion.

Thank you!

I don't like writing Trading Cards for obvious reasons on the shipping label. Having had valuable comics stolen before during shipment, I'm probably overly cautious.

I have an address book in my shipping accounts and use the title names "CGC" for comics, and "CGC TC" for trading card submissions since they are a different PO Box. Someone really paying attention that knows of CGC can still figure it out but it is not as obvious. My last three shipments, to include two walkthroughs, got to the card section right away with no delays whatsoever once delivered. 

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

• Administrator
On 2/11/2021 at 1:59 PM, Lapsaes said:

So no way to fix that unfortunately? I could have sworn someone had a similar issue with their card shipment and their issue was resolved?

You can DM me your tracking and I will look into it, but cannot make any promises.

Paul

On 2/15/2021 at 8:14 PM, Holku said:

In most cases, if you are sending cards in, I would hope that with the much smaller size of the box received at their dock, that they would know immediately it should go to trading cards and not comics.

Not so sure on this, any package I've sent has been big enough that it would be a size that also fits comic books. This would probably only be applicable for people doing smaller submissions.  A few stacks of bulk cards takes up the same length in the box as a comic book.