• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC COMIC BOOK FORM MEMBERS HALL OF FAME: PLEASE NOMINATE WITH EXPLANATION
7 7

371 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

technically if you set up a 10 year wait from when they joined the boards, it would make it easier on who should be nominated

Right - 2002 would be the 1st class. But this is a horrible idea. It will lead to butthurt, crushed feelings and a general sense of unease amongst the masses. Also, many of the legends of yesteryear are all but forgotten by the currently participating group of Boardies.  So who is going to remember to nominate RickDogg, BachelorofComix, COI and all the many other founding fathers? (and mothers, that's you Joanna).  But carry on, I can't see how this is going to be anything other than awesome, especially with Mehdy and CAL driving the bus. 

Just now, seanfingh said:

Right - 2002 would be the 1st class. But this is a horrible idea. It will lead to butthurt, crushed feelings and a general sense of unease amongst the masses. Also, many of the legends of yesteryear are all but forgotten by the currently participating group of Boardies.  So who is going to remember to nominate RickDogg, BachelorofComix, COI and all the many other founding fathers? (and mothers, that's you Joanna).  But carry on, I can't see how this is going to be anything other than awesome, especially with Mehdy and CAL driving the bus. 

shut up n00b. you're not eligible till 2026

14 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

The Veterans Committee... once elected, those that are appointed can review older members who are no longer here and vote as to their acceptance into the hall. 

I agree though, with Mitch and Cal behind the wheel, it could be an ever so interesting ride. 

50 minutes ago, Calamerica said:

No. It was PURE COWARDICE. Chickanery.

The stuff that used to get you behind the schoolyard in the old days.

This might be my Best Coup ever!

CAL getting ready....:sumo:

95a988c00776e45dd7a4887cd9274452.jpg

Just now, seanfingh said:

Donny Baseball is my guy.  But for his back - 1st ballot HoFer. But no one can take away the fact that for about four years, Boggs and Gwynn were looking up at him.

#Murph

24 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

All of this but the main part is Mehdy and Cal running with this.

It’s like a dumpster fire and a 47 car pileup had twins.

54 minutes ago, Calamerica said:

No. It was PURE COWARDICE. Chickanery.

The stuff that used to get you behind the schoolyard in the old days.

This might be my Best Coup ever!

CAL getting ready....:sumo:

Cal is getting ready...

Cal who suffers no fools.  

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The Veterans Committee... once elected, those that are appointed can review older members who are no longer here and vote as to their acceptance into the hall. 

I agree though, with Mitch and Cal behind the wheel, it could be an ever so interesting ride. 

Everyone on the Veterans committee gets one of these as their avatar. (:

guilty.jpg

@Calamerica

To answer your question: 

:whistle:

And if points WERE still awarded you would be at a '0' since you started the thread (-5) and had the last (+3) as well as the second to last (+2) posts in that locked thread. 

Edited by Buzzetta

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@Calamerica

To answer your question: 

:whistle:

And if points WERE still awarded you would be at a '0' since you started the thread (-5) and had the last (+3) as well as the second to last (+2) posts in that locked thread. 

That zero sum game seems sort of emblematic of the entire CALAMERICA CGC experience.