• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC COMIC BOOK FORM MEMBERS HALL OF FAME: PLEASE NOMINATE WITH EXPLANATION
7 7

371 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

10 years, 10K posts minimum

Cal fits that number of posts, actually exceeds that at 11,495, but in the spirt of Blade Runner " the light that burns twice as bright lasts half as long:...I agree that it must be significant poster over a sustained period of time, even someone who has been banned. It it important to make these boards, not termporay but for new memebers who want to see what a "classic" post is, or how a personality can come across, lets give me and new memebers a reference point.

Come on, lets here some more nomations and why they deseve to be with CAL

Edited by Mmehdy

1 minute ago, Mmehdy said:

Cal fits that number of posts, actually exceeds that at 11,495, but in the spirt of Blade Runner " the light that burns twice as bright lasts half as long:...I agree that it must be significant poster over a sustained period of time, even someone who has been banned. It it important to make these boards, not termporay but for new memebers who want to see what a "classic" post is, or how a personality can come across, lets give me a reference point.

Come on, lets here some more nomations and why they deseve to be with CAL

If @greggy doesn't make it before Cal, we riot. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I just found the baseball card equivalent to Rifleman 10 on eBay.

s-l1600.jpg

:roflmao::golfclap:

Yep those just got swiped and added to the cards to play. Also have some racing cards.69413-5050662Fr.jpg.45f3823a425adbd6164fbf3d41288599.jpg

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:roflmao::golfclap:

Yep those just got swiped and added to the cards to play. Also have some racing cards.

OMG

Even though I have the NFL Legal Troubles collection I am working on, this opens up new avenues of collecting. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

OMG

Even though I have the NFL Legal Troubles collection I am working on, this opens up new avenues of collecting. 

I dont know. If you tell people you collect,

" insert name here" they just might get the wrong idea. :roflmao:

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

OMG

I collected Dave Valle cards for a while due to this...

https://web.kitsapsun.com/archive/1991/08-06/4354_valle_kingdome-area_bar_toasting_.html

5 minutes ago, Park said:

I collected Dave Valle cards for a while due to this...

https://web.kitsapsun.com/archive/1991/08-06/4354_valle_kingdome-area_bar_toasting_.html

"If Dave Valle ever got mad and walked in the bar to confront me," Swanson said, "I told my doorman to just give him a bat. That way I know I won't get hurt.

lol 

Except for OJ PSA auto card which I paid a premium for, and the Hernandez autographed chase rookie ($20?), all of the others have been purchased for around $5.  Antonio Brown is likely next.

Ray Lewis prices are still strong for what I want to pay for an autographed chase card. 

Eventually it will all go to eBay with split proceeds going to charity. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

lol 

Except for OJ PSA auto card which I paid a premium for, and the Hernandez autographed chase rookie ($20?), all of the others have been purchased for around $5.  Antonio Brown is likely next.

Ray Lewis prices are still strong for what I want to pay for an autographed chase card. 

Eventually it will all go to eBay with split proceeds going to charity. 

I still didn't see a Michael Vick.(shrug)

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I still didn't see a Michael Vick.(shrug)

Vick autographed chase cards still command too hefty premium for my taste.  

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Vick autographed chase cards still command too hefty premium for my taste.  

Understand that.  There are a few lists I saw recently about NFL players and legal trouble. 

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/the-most-appalling-crimes-ever-committed-by-nfl-players.html/

16 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Cal is to the CGC boards what Bam Margera is to Instagram right now. :insane:

Whoa.... I just caught up on what is going on with that guy.  He is not long for this world with his issues. 

5 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

The last few days have been tough to watch. :(

What really got me was this one. This only ends one way if it continues traveling down the same road. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 6.41.19 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta