• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC COMIC BOOK FORM MEMBERS HALL OF FAME: PLEASE NOMINATE WITH EXPLANATION
7 7

371 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Understand that.  There are a few lists I saw recently about NFL players and legal trouble. 

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/the-most-appalling-crimes-ever-committed-by-nfl-players.html/

Kenny Britt just added for $5

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 6.52.52 PM.png

8 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I really thought he was gonna pull out of it, when he was sober and skating again. 

It was confirmed that he deals with depression and substance abuse.  I cannot help but wonder if he also suffers from CTE.   

The symptoms of CTE include memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, anxiety, suicidality, parkinsonism, and, eventually, progressive dementia. These symptoms often begin years or even decades after the last brain trauma or end of active athletic involvement.

Mayoclinic - CTE

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I believe it’s a combination of substance abuse and bi-polar disorder.  His recent posts showed definitive signs of manic lift off.

I only ask because all of the hits to the head from CKY, Jackhole, and skateboarding in general, cannot help matters and we all remember what happened with Chris Benoit. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I only ask because all of the hits to the head from CKY, Jackhole, and skateboarding in general, cannot help matters and we all remember what happened with Chris Benoit. 

You could very well be right.  Skateboarding alone rattles the brain at times.  Combine that with all his jarring antics over the years....

2 hours ago, Park said:
2 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Oh CAL.  Shine on you crazy diamond. 

So moving on, a better game may be assigning 70’s and 80’s players to various posters.

Harold Baines, Biff Pocoroba and Freddie Patek are taken. Who’s up next?

77-13Fr.jpg

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Whoa.... I just caught up on what is going on with that guy.  He is not long for this world with his issues. 

I do not think it is issues or that Cal acutally has issues, merely the way he communicates. Once you understand  CAL, then you get it. Lets take his selection of IM/SB1...it is pure genius. You get two #1's for the price of admission, plus it was a one shot issue  which was UNIQUE. Rather than have this issue be forgottern Cal has ingrained in our collective comic book CGC board mind, that there is real value on that issue. I bought that issue off the newstands and thinking how cool it was." Buzz" I disagree Cal us a survivor, a true comc book collector, who not only partisipates on these boards, but does so in a uniquie style for anybody else. With 10 K in posts, Poetry in motion Cal speak*, and the interest he generates, my choice was no brainer to our Hall of Fame. It is time to induct a second member...who amoung you will take up this challenge...and name number TWO......

*Footnote: "Calspeak": I am hoping someone will name me number 6...for" I am a free man and not a number"

Edited by Mmehdy

6 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I do not think it is issues or that Cal acutally has issues, merely the way he communicates. Once you understand  CAL, then you get it. Lets take his selection of IM/SB1...it is pure genius. You get two #1's for the price of admission, plus it was a one shot issue  which was UNIQUE. Rather than have this issue be forgottern Cal has ingrained in our collective comic book CGC board mind, that there is real value on that issue. I bought that issue off the newstands and thinking how cool it was." Buzz" I disagree Cal us a survivor, a true comc book collector, who not only partisipates on these boards, but does so in a uniquie style for anybody else. With 10 K in posts, Poetry in motion Cal speak, and the interest he generates, my choice was no brainer to our Hall of Fame. It is time to induct a second member...who amoung you will take up this challenge...and name number TWO......

Footnote: I am hoping someone will name me number 6...for" I am a free man and not a number"

I was talking about Bam Margera 

55 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

"BUZZ" makes sense...one question who is your number 2??????

Cal is not even number 1.  Mitch... you 'really' want answers to this?   I mean... sit down and ask yourself if you really want answers to this?

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Cal is not even number 1.  Mitch... you 'really' want to do this?   I mean... sit down and ask yourself if you really want to do this. 

Let's do the vote on which banned members should be allowed back.

Ive heard this is 50k of Stu shills and about 4 actual people