• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I buy Silver Age keys now?
7 7

107 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Is The Neal Adams Deadman stuff Silver or Bronze?  If the Justice League After Dark TV show is a hit all the Silver Age DC magic heroes could go up maybe?  (I shouldn’t have said that because I don’t have Zatanna’s 1st appearance yet.)

6997A5FB-0589-40D0-8347-389614A95546.png

It’s silver. There was a small surge when the animated JLD movie came out but it still has room to grow if future endeavors are done properly. 

48 minutes ago, The Man Without Beer said:

Although not just silver age, I went in heavy on picking up a bunch of spidey keys throughout this past week (to collect not re-sell). Personally, I am thinking now or never for presentable keys in my price ranges. I started out with Daredevil & Vampirella books back in December. Also added an ASM 16. Then I picked up a Marvel Spotlight 5.  Now I'll slow down to a crawl after all of this week's commitments. Time to pay the piper. So, if it's what you really want, I say do it & soon. Just my 2 cents.

20210223_200005.jpg

Beautiful books! 

I've always wanted an ASM14! 

1 hour ago, The Man Without Beer said:

Although not just silver age, I went in heavy on picking up a bunch of spidey keys throughout this past week (to collect not re-sell). Personally, I am thinking now or never for presentable keys in my price ranges. I started out with Daredevil & Vampirella books back in December. Also added an ASM 16. Then I picked up a Marvel Spotlight 5.  Now I'll slow down to a crawl after all of this week's commitments. Time to pay the piper. So, if it's what you really want, I say do it & soon. Just my 2 cents.

20210223_200005.jpg

That's a nice looking set.  I'm waiting to get my Spidey #129 back from CGC in order to sell it.  There's a silver age key that I want and I'm afraid if I wait to save the money, I'll be unable to get it.  I don't know about you all but the volatility of comic prices is making me nervous.  I'm now rushing to get all these Marvel keys at the same time because I'm paniced.

2 hours ago, The Man Without Beer said:

20210223_200005.jpg

You should always pay the Piper!

14 hours ago, The Man Without Beer said:

20210223_200005.jpg

Awesome books.  Congrats!  

For me, I think the 129 has just sailed to the point where my dreams of a deep ASM run are ash, unless it drifts back to reality or my ship comes in.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:17 AM, Pantodude said:

Those big 3 aren't common, but I was surprised to learn that they are scarcer than all the early Marvel SA keys, with the sole exception of TTA27.  BB28 and Flash 123 only have like a thousand universal in the census

Flash 110 has less than half that on the census, making is a ridiculous SA deal for a first appearance of a beloved character compared to anything from marvel right now.

17 hours ago, The Man Without Beer said:

20210223_200005.jpg

I havent checked prices lately but I'm assuming the 101 is the cheapest issue there by a lot right?

I don't have many DC books left in my collection, but according to GPA, Key DC Bronze and Silver are flat compared to their Marvel counterparts.

I might pick up a BB28 but I have no hope that it will ever increase in value significantly in the short or long term.

14 minutes ago, piper said:

I don't have many DC books left in my collection, but according to GPA, Key DC Bronze and Silver are flat compared to their Marvel counterparts.

I might pick up a BB28 but I have no hope that it will ever increase in value significantly in the short or long term.

Go for it.  I sold a very presentable 1.8 about a year ago.  I hope to replace it sometime.  I’m also a huge Snapper Carr fan (just kidding)

3 hours ago, piper said:

Is the kirby 4th world stuff silver or  bronze? Those particular books have been on a really nice rise these past years.

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Is the kirby 4th world stuff silver or  bronze? Those particular books have been on a really nice rise these past years.

Bronze

3 minutes ago, The Man Without Beer said:

Well my ASM #14 purchase fell through due to dealer inventory error. Kinda sucks but of course I had pick up something in its place. Figured I could use a representative Avengers book in the collection. Still stayed with a Silver age key though.

Screenshot_20210225-184329_Instagram.jpg

That presents very well for a 3.5!