• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current Through Dates

19 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

That would be good jus everyone knows when its their turn. Psa did right doing that. Thats keeping ppl updated alot clearer

Yup, I don’t think it’d be that difficult to do either. Unless the companies don’t wanna show how slow the progress is. People will hate either way, but I’d actually like to see it slowly get closer than nothing xD

1 hour ago, Kylez450 said:

Yup, I don’t think it’d be that difficult to do either. Unless the companies don’t wanna show how slow the progress is. People will hate either way, but I’d actually like to see it slowly get closer than nothing xD

Exactly if I knew exactly where they were at and I can see when it should be my turn. The only time they will recieve calls is if they pass the time and theirs wasn't done 

8 hours ago, Kylez450 said:

Could an admin keep us updated on the “Current Through Dates” for each service level on this post. Update it weekly or biweekly? It would help with everyone waiting on returns. Thanks

Do you mean an update like “now working bulk received 12/1/20-12/4/20”? That’d be cool, I guess.

6 hours ago, Kylez450 said:

Yeah that’d work. Just to know where they are on each service level. It’s simple and effective. 

I wonder if they don’t do it because they keep getting more and more submissions (upper tier) which pushes back bulk and economy. That’s the reason I wouldn’t do it, it would just aggravate people more to say you’re working on their stuff and then say “oh, well we pushed it back”.

I would guess a big reason they wouldn't want to do this is because if today they said they were working on December 1st, and a week from now they said they were working on December 3rd, a lot of trolls would complain.

More than anything I think people are disillusioned about how many cards are in storage right now. It’s not just the people that post on this forum. There are hundred if not thousands of people who submit across all the tiers without ever glancing at the boards. 

People have been saying CGC is hiring new graders, but if you hire 20 and then 100,000 cards come in they’re still going to be overwhelmed. 

40 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

More than anything I think people are disillusioned about how many cards are in storage right now. It’s not just the people that post on this forum. There are hundred if not thousands of people who submit across all the tiers without ever glancing at the boards. 

People have been saying CGC is hiring new graders, but if you hire 20 and then 100,000 cards come in they’re still going to be overwhelmed. 

Not only that but lets say when the pandemic starts to come to a close and they have to lay off a ton of new graders since demand could drop off out of nowhere. People think about just today and not the big picture. Today its crazy, but by next year we could be looking at half the volume since when people return to their in person jobs and arent bored at home all the time, the industry could tank a bit and then CGC is stuck with a bunch of unneeded staff. 

I get people are anxious about their returns, but all they can do is just wait. Thats literally it. Nothing they say or do is going to speed things up. You can go scream in a pillow and that wont make your order come back a day earlier. I know it sucks for some people but it just is what it is.

1 minute ago, Sp33dy said:

Yes and we all agree with it. But being quite when their is a issue doesnt work also. So what then

Im really not trying to be rude with you dude, but how many times do you have to be told that complaining is not an option? Its not going to magically do anything else. You have one option, which is just waiting. Thats it. CGC isnt this dumb company that you need to tell them how to work. They know whats going on. Their mail room is bombed every day with more mail. They are aware of the situation. If they were clueless, I dont think Id be still sending them more cards at this point and I dont think their comic grading would have lasted this long. 

I just think you need to realize that you dont need to be on the internet bugging these people 24/7 like it does something. It doesnt. I have never contacted CGC yet my standard orders are coming back just fine. The industry is at an all time peak in terms of volume. Its unprecedented. Its not a normal situation, so you have to just relax and wait since thats all you can really do.

7 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Im really not trying to be rude with you dude, but how many times do you have to be told that complaining is not an option? Its not going to magically do anything else. You have one option, which is just waiting. Thats it. CGC isnt this dumb company that you need to tell them how to work. They know whats going on. Their mail room is bombed every day with more mail. They are aware of the situation. If they were clueless, I dont think Id be still sending them more cards at this point and I dont think their comic grading would have lasted this long. 

I just think you need to realize that you dont need to be on the internet bugging these people 24/7 like it does something. It doesnt. I have never contacted CGC yet my standard orders are coming back just fine. The industry is at an all time peak in terms of volume. Its unprecedented. Its not a normal situation, so you have to just relax and wait since thats all you can really do.

Yet u are on this 24/7 bugging ppl lol. Hey if this can help clear up anyone before they submit im glad doing this. Knew ppl should know that when they submit that they better not believe that 79 days for bulk is insanely wrong on cgcs side for leaving that up. They should put ??? Because who tf knows when thats coming back. Can u agree on that. Knew ppl putting their first submissions only believe what they see on cgc, and should be given a heads up on what's really happening

1 minute ago, Sp33dy said:

Yet u are on this 24/7 bugging ppl lol. Hey if this can help clear up anyone before they submit im glad doing this. Knew ppl should know that when they submit that they better not believe that 79 days for bulk is insanely wrong on cgcs side for leaving that up. They should put ??? Because who tf knows when thats coming back. Can u agree on that. Knew ppl putting their first submissions only believe what they see on cgc, and should be given a heads up on what's really happening

Well, your asking for a question and im giving you an answer. Im sorry you dont like my answer but im just keeping it 100. 

And no, I highly doubt that anyone would have done anything differently since there isnt a grading company that is going to do it quicker for cheaper. With the current state of the market, 79 really isnt insane and that time is changing since standard and higher services have dropped in TAT time today. If the TAT dropped tomorrow, would you be complaining then?

The market is what it is right now. And Ive told you in the past that its not a buyers market yet you keep wanting to argue. You really need to look at the bigger picture here. Every grading company is overloaded. Its not a CGC only issue. Its an industry issue. If people educated themselves about the market before they come on here, then there would alot less complaints in general.

11 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Nope. Here's why: CGC will receive emails for every submission, "when am I getting my stuff back?"

Anyone can make something more complex. It takes a touch of genius to simplify things.

Edited by Angel of Death

2 hours ago, Sp33dy said:

Yes and we all agree with it. But being quite when their is a issue doesnt work also. So what then

I mean, if there’s nothing to report there’s nothing to report. It’s like watching the same news story run for a week straight. Paul seems to be giving updates here and there when asked (like the early December orders being worked) but if you ask him the same question every single day you can’t expect much, aside from pestering him lol