• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bishop Eastman Signing
5 5

490 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Otter1775 said:

Just watched the vid, I like the Krang remarque too. I take it you didn’t press it? 

Yes actually I did so I'm not sure what happened

24 minutes ago, Otter1775 said:

Sorry to hear. You going to call them?

No it's fine, I vaguely remember a crease there that I didmt think would press out, if the buyer down the road thinks it best to try more power to them.

I'm all in at $160 on this slab so I'm a winner either way, since I requested pink for brains er I mean krang lol and got it

I'll be excited when the Nintendo power comes back that I sent in first, it too was pressed and a pressed 8.5 before that so hoping or believing for a slight bump to 9.0 

This one was fun with memories of Saturday morning so I'm happy

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

12 minutes ago, Otter1775 said:

If you’re happy, I’m happy for you. I bought this book when I was a senior in high school. 

I did think to call is why I gave the laugh reaction,  cause it left my mind as ugghhhhh I dont want to do that lol

But I wish I hadn't deleted my before picture s I'll look one more place, but still, pretty sure I was thinking there was something that wouldn't press. But yes I bought it to read then it went up in price then Eastman signing was announced, kind of fell into place too perfectly to be ungrateful, I was blessed with it.

Glad you bought it off the stands, I was a bit younger, but still most in high school wanted the "real deal " ? 

I remember getting chewed out by friends for subscribing to mail subscription of ASM classics Haha, I'd have bought the "adventures" comics of TMNT at least too. The cartoon was just too much fun as a kid :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

24 minutes ago, Otter1775 said:

If you’re happy, I’m happy for you. I bought this book when I was a senior in high school. 

Here are the pics I found so happened definitely after I sent it in :(

Or at least the pics I kept 

IMG_20201121_185332932.jpg

IMG_20201121_185336672.jpg

IMG_20201121_185349594.jpg

IMG_20201121_185354747.jpg

IMG_20201121_185354747.jpg

Ya I dont know what to make of that....

Hmmmmmm I hate to have to wait on it again it does fit the frame of a 9.2

But couldof happened in shipping as I shipped it in a window bag that was cut out at leonardo's swords...

So it could have been too close to the lip etc, so idk, it still would press out, unless it happened after that lol

:ohnoez:

You can see why I thought 9.4 with that one blown corner but the rest looked good

2021_05_17 3_33 PM Office Lens.jpg

2021_05_17 3_35 PM Office Lens.jpg

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

But couldof happened in shipping as I shipped it in a window bag that was cut out at leonardo's swords...

So it could have been too close to the lip etc, so idk, it still would press out, unless it happened after that lol

You can see why I thought 9.4 with that one blown corner but the rest looked good

I've had three different submissions where the books were damaged during/after encapsulation, this really sucks.  I'm still waiting for my TMNT2 to get back from this signing and I had submitted a book for the Crain signing.  After those, I'll be taking a break from submitting, just getting tired of books coming back in a worse state then when sent in, especially after they were all pressed by CGC.

28 minutes ago, alarment said:
15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Expand  

I've had three different submissions where the books were damaged during/after encapsulation, this really sucks.  I'm still waiting for my TMNT2 to get back from this signing and I had submitted a book for the Crain signing.  After those, I'll be taking a break from submitting, just getting tired of books coming back in a worse state then when sent in, especially after they were all pressed by CGC.

Did they ever offer to fix it if they could with a press?

I'm debating even trying (shrug) I want to but don't want to more at the same time :tonofbricks: 

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did they ever offer to fix it if they could with a press?

I'm debating even trying (shrug) I want to but don't want to more at the same time :tonofbricks: 

They didn't really offer, I had to ask, but for one they did press and regrade and my 9.6 became an 8.5.  From another submission, I have an Ultimate Fallout 4 9.6, but was damaged.  If I was to resend would also probably comeback as an 8.5 or if lucky a 9, so just leaving it as is.

Just now, alarment said:

They didn't really offer, I had to ask, but for one they did press and regrade and my 9.6 became an 8.5.  From another submission, I have an Ultimate Fallout 4 9.6, but was damaged.  If I was to resend would also probably comeback as an 8.5 or if lucky a 9, so just leaving it as is.

Dang :( that is some :boo:

Been reading this thread in the background after wondering what was taking so long with my submission. It sat in 'received' since 1/13. Emailed last week and was told it was almost done encapsulating and then it updated to shipped last Friday. Now it arrived today and I can breathe easier now that its back in my hands.

RenderedI.jpg

3 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Mine arrived today.  They were all modern, non-magazine sized submissions. 

I hope you'll post when you open,  what the :x for those of us still waiting :)

57 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I hope you'll post when you open,  what the :x for those of us still waiting :)

I posted one here:

11 minutes ago, mytastebud said:

so today my TMNT 3 (Eastman signed and pressed) moved from 12/30/20 received to 5/18/21 received / scheduled for grading (shrug) Not sure what that means on TAT anymore with all the changes made recently

It means it came back from pressing 

That cgc has it now

New received date always means that

Sfg will still be pretty quick since it's an in house signing book

7 hours ago, alarment said:

Sorry to hear that.

3 hours ago, mytastebud said:

so today my TMNT 3 (Eastman signed and pressed) moved from 12/30/20 received to 5/18/21 received / scheduled for grading (shrug) Not sure what that means on TAT anymore with all the changes made recently

My pressed "came back" on 4/26 and still holding at SFG. Mine is a #2 and #3 so any day now :wishluck: