• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bishop Eastman Signing
5 5

490 posts in this topic

Mine were received back from pressing on 4/30 

And been sfg since only a couple of weeks, but given the received of 4/30

Are they keeping up with turn around times?

Has it really been a longer than normal wait?

Feels longer but meh

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, colossus127 said:

Did you pay for fast track? I havnt heard about anyone getting a Mirage Edition Magazine back as of yet, just Last Ronins, so you might be one of the first. 

I did not. Everything was regular and I paid no fast track on anything. 

8 minutes ago, iggykoopa said:

I did not. Everything was regular and I paid no fast track on anything. 

Sweet, thanks for the reply. It seems they are finally getting out the last of the signing with the Mirage Edition Magazine sized ones. As of now(to my knowledge) Fugitoids and Original Mirage TMNT are what most people are waiting on, so you getting yours is a good sign. 

32 minutes ago, colossus127 said:

Sweet, thanks for the reply. It seems they are finally getting out the last of the signing with the Mirage Edition Magazine sized ones. As of now(to my knowledge) Fugitoids and Original Mirage TMNT are what most people are waiting on, so you getting yours is a good sign. 

Hopefully you don’t have the same shipping woes that I had!

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mine were received back from pressing on 4/30 

And been sfg since only a couple of weeks, but given the received of 4/30

Are they keeping up with turn around times?

Has it really been a longer than normal wait?

Feels longer but meh

Let's set up the mutual support group B|

SFG for my two back from pressing since 4/26. Had a "standard" get back from restoration removal and pressing "received" on 5/3 that was just delivered to me yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, rexinnih said:

Let's set up the mutual support group B|

SFG for my two back from pressing since 4/26. Had a "standard" get back from restoration removal and pressing "received" on 5/3 that was just delivered to me yesterday. 

Funny you should ask or say...

I called them just now they said mine was graded the "other day and hasn't moved along the process yet lol

Bare in mind mine still says sfg, so soon is what I hope. :)

Got email from customer service yesterday after asking for clarity on why we are having substantial delays with Eastman signing. This is what I got back...

Regarding the Eastman signing, there is a delay in the encapsulation department as a majority of the submissions for that signing were magazine sized books and these do take longer in encapsulation.  We are sorry for the delay and are working to get those completed and shipped as quickly as we can.

Unfortunately, I don't 100% buy this rationale. I've submitted a number of magazine submissions over the years and never experienced delays like this (usually the magazines are encapsulated at most within a week of grading). I still suspect they are having issues with supplies; otherwise why else would these books by sitting in encapsulation for over 7 weeks now? I just wish they were honest with us especially as they originally quoted TATs of 3 weeks pressing and 3 weeks grading... 

Edited by Every Day A Story

12 hours ago, Every Day A Story said:

Got email from customer service yesterday after asking for clarity on why we are having substantial delays with Eastman signing. This is what I got back...

Unfortunately, I don't 100% buy this rationale. I've submitted a number of magazine submissions over the years and never experienced delays like this (usually the magazines are encapsulated at most within a week of grading). I still suspect they are having issues with supplies; otherwise why else would these books by sitting in encapsulation for over 7 weeks now? I just wish they were honest with us especially as they originally quoted TATs of 3 weeks pressing and 3 weeks grading... 

Honesty goes a long way.

My gut is that magazine encapsulation uses a different apparatus than a standard comic and they have fewer of those and can only do so many in a day. A large number of mags means extended turnaround time. They should have been able to anticipate this and adjust TATs accordingly. 

Scheduled for grading as of 4/26/21....sigh.

1 hour ago, Bruce Eaton said:

Honesty goes a long way.

My gut is that magazine encapsulation uses a different apparatus than a standard comic and they have fewer of those and can only do so many in a day. A large number of mags means extended turnaround time. They should have been able to anticipate this and adjust TATs accordingly. 

Scheduled for grading as of 4/26/21....sigh.

My gut is that they are overwhelming themselves with all of these creator signings to begin with on top of the glut of non-submission items being sent in.

19 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

My gut is that they are overwhelming themselves with all of these creator signings to begin with on top of the glut of non-submission items being sent in.

Have they ever done a signing where such a large percentage of the submissions are magazine size? I mean, all of the Last Ronin submissions are magazine, in addition to the original Mirage. I imagine this case was unique in their experience so not being able to anticipate the bottleneck is understandable. That said...I'd really like to get my Mirage books back!

My last Eastman my Nintendo Power...

Technically was received back from pressing on 5/12 so today it marks 3 weeks, so I called, they said it's graded though it says sfg on my end still....

So I'm kind of hoping that it is soon, hope I get a grade bump from 8.5 to 9.0 too! :roflmao:

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

My last Eastman my Nintendo Power...

Technically was received back from pressing on 5/12 so today it marks 3 weeks, so I called, they said it's graded though it says sfg on my end still....

So I'm kind of hoping that it is soon, hope I get a grade bump from 8.5 to 9.0 too! :roflmao:

the received 4/30 shipped to me on 5/13

so this received 5/12 has been a minute, but if they're going to keep to the 3-4 week tat for grading, it should move soon I hope

3 minutes ago, alarment said:

My book is still sitting at sfg since 5/5/21, but just emailed and got this response within 30 minutes.  So there is hope (I hope).

Your “magazine” TMNT #2 is currently in Encapsulation, Magazines are taking longer than usual but should finish in the next two weeks

well that's at least good news, given the promised 3-4 week promise for grading and 6-8 for pressing and grading....

I was hoping for at least by a week from Friday or June 12th to have them marked shipped 

I hope anyway :) peace!

According to CGC's turnaround time, and God willing, my books will ship next week. This is my first time submitting and I'm wicked nervous about the grading! Now I just need to find a distraction to keep me from hitting refresh 100 times a day.

Line Item: 001 Comic Description: TMNT: The Last Ronin 1 10/20 IDW Publishing

Line Item: 002 Comic Description: TMNT: The Last Ronin 1 11/20 IDW Publishing Second Printing/Thank You Edition

Line Item: 003 Comic Description: TMNT: The Last Ronin 1 10/20 IDW Publishing Kevin Eastman Studios Sketch Edition

Edited by Rollinrebel