• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you trade a Af 15 for a Tmnt #1 first print l?
5 5

93 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

where is @valiantman

with the last version of this thread from years ago lol 

@Kalel38

I traded my CGC 4.0 AF #15 for a CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 in 2014 when both were worth around $9,000.

At the time (in the topic linked above) the votes had 25% saying the CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 was the better book and 75% saying the CGC 4.0 AF #15 was the better book.

Currently, the CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 is worth at least $10,000 more than the CGC 4.0 AF #15, and both are worth a lot more than $9,000.

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

I traded my CGC 4.0 AF #15 for a CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 in 2014 when both were worth around $9,000.

At the time (in the topic linked above) the votes had 25% saying the CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 was the better book and 75% saying the CGC 4.0 AF #15 was the better book.

Currently, the CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 is worth at least $10,000 more than the CGC 4.0 AF #15, and both are worth a lot more than $9,000.

Great example...

the question moving forward is where do the values go from here and less what has happened in the past?

2 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:
3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Great example...

the question moving forward is where do the values go from here and less what has happened in the past?

We know that the price of CGC 4.0 AF #15 is always limited by the price of CGC 4.5 AF #15, which is limited by the price of CGC 5.0 AF #15, etc., all the way up to CGC 9.6 AF #15 which has no limits.

The price of CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 is limited by the price of CGC 9.8 TMNT #1 which has no limits.

In the future, I predict the top value for both CGC 9.6 AF #15 and CGC 9.8 TMNT #1 to continue to rise.

How much those rises impact lower grades of those books will depend on how far down those lower grades are, and a 9.6 TMNT #1 is a lot closer to 9.8 TMNT #1 than 4.0 AF #15 is to 9.6 AF #15.

My short answer is no.

My long answer is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :smile:

14 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Do you have pics of the books in question?

No pics just a general idea if it’s smart to let go the 9.6 grade as I know Tmnt 1 first prints are rare to get. And Af 15s are always around 

1 minute ago, Kalel38 said:

No pics just a general idea if it’s smart to let go the 9.6 grade as I know Tmnt 1 first prints are rare to get. And Af 15s are always around 

I think this sums it up perfectly for you...save the money or sell other books to get the AF15 and own both

I dont have either but id choose amazing fantasy 15 anytime even a 2.0 ,the impact on comics that spider man did to me is more important historically and sentimentally, great power comes with....everybody knows the missing Word spider man changed the perspective of what a super-héros could be

I wouldnt. Unless the person was silly and traded for my 0.5/1.0 copy for their 9.6 TMNT and I was able to possible sell the turtles and use the cash to upgrade and get a better TMNT. I don’t feel the attachment to Turtles at all and usually sell those books the second I get them