• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

Symptoms (1974) is a true classic horror by director Jose Larraz (best known for Vampyres).

Stars Angela Pleasance, daughter of Donald Pleasance.  It's a creepy, atmospheric, psychological horror.  Sort of like Argento and Polanski combined.

It was lost until 2014 when a good print was found.

moresymptoms.jpg.058d17be66d4dfe5d34d83453e0eddbc.jpg

symptoms.jpg.119ddbb5016d7003451fe8a494cd784c.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bird said:

okay, I'll let others play after this one (well, it is two I guess as I obviously enjoy the topic!)

I was going to go with Cabin Boy movie and Get A Life tv show as a twofer, but how about what may be the funniest movie I have seen in the theatres (it was a good audience and late at night)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqoDfqfy97XZq6D76qWkt

It you are on the fence, Halle Berry's role is essentially as the "ugly one" in this. The perceived consolation prize. Yeah. You read that right.

The scenes with Geoffrey Holder and Grace Jones will leave you rolling on the floor.

If you want to shoot out other movies i think its fine with everyone

MINDHUNTER on Netflix. Amazing acting. 

17 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

one of the best comedies no one has ever watched is Community

created by Dan Harmon (Rick and Morty) and the Russo Bros (i think they did some MCU movies)

Love the GI Joe episode

Edited by Rip

56 minutes ago, Namtak said:

If you want to shoot out other movies i think its fine with everyone

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfBs1AkqEWJVh7Hi7IFE1

Okay, I rarely need much encouragement!

Actors I never was too crazy about before I saw this movie and love them after. And Dennis Farina at his best.

37 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The Goon (2011)

A fantastically funny ice hockey film

If you liked the goon ,theres a french horror movie with the actor marck André grondin that played in the goon and other english movie because of 5150 rue des ormes i think there is an english dub but that movie is something else real cool and psychologically disturbing ,a merderer with a chess fetish but it goes way beyond expectation i think

ff0e5b302d7502305a2c9e1e7c9d6a04.jpg

Edited by Namtak

I've got a lot to recommend but I'm gonna go with RUBICON, a 10 year old AMC series that was on most critics Top 10 list for 2010. Unfortunately, it only received 1 season.

Inspired by the suspenseful, high-stakes political whodunits of the 1970s, RUBICON is a conspiracy thriller set at a New York–based government intelligence agency, where nothing is what it seems. 

13 episodes you can easily stream with a 7 Day free AMC Plus trial on Amazon Prime.

55 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Benny Hill

A5ZsZgj.gif?noredirect

One of my father best comedy show,personally i like the sketches but i cant stand the guy(benny hill)my father is always talking about benny despite the fact that he knows i hate him but i like when he talks about the talents of the show he chose the women very well(worship)

This show had the best theme song in tv history (sorry Barney Miller! It should be remade as a rock song and would top the charts. I tried to get my friend's band to do it but no. And look where there are now. Exactly.)

But the show itself is stellar as well.

51zOYpYI9xL._SY445_.jpg