• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Bird said:

it is truly a great movie

Funny that of the 4 stars the lead would have the worst career.

But it is a great movie in every way. My kids loved it when I ran it by them

You are right about Dennis Christopher.  And he was great in that movie.

And also right about it being a great family movie.  I forced it into family movie night and my family loved it (OK they tolerated it).  Kids ages 16,13,12.  

J.J. Abrams directed TV series 'Fringe' for 5 seasons. Filmed in the Vancouver, BC, Canada area. Depicts a scientist (Walter Bishop) with 'God-like' powers creating doors to a parallel Earth, folks (son Peter Bishop and detective Olivia Dunham) travelling to/from Earth prime. All this was before his breakaway time shift/bending hit 'Lost' (in Maui) TV series.

The first movie my father ever showed me,i remember clearly,maybe not the first time but it was the one of the vhs we had back then,i was 2 years old ,my father did not stock up on children movies,so i watched again and again that great movie that i still love

340-3.jpg

20275717.jpg

creature-from-the-black-lagoon-1200x640.jpg

creature-from-the-black-lagoon-remake-700x300.jpg

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

A dc cartoon sometime forgotten but so fun to watch and still fresh execpt for some rascisim and war comment .still one of my favorite superman cartoon ever,i specially like the episode Electric earthquake !

finding-filmation-the-new-adventures-of-superman.jpg

The Fleisher cartoons are probably the first thing I bought on vhs. I still have the tape but no longer own a vhs player.

5 minutes ago, Bird said:

The Fleisher cartoons are probably the first thing I bought on vhs. I still have the tape but no longer own a vhs player.

I have it on blu ray but thats not the point,the point is without them batman the animated show wouldnt be the same.bruce timm said it was what he based the show on his inspiration for the batman show,and there are similarities in the mood and présentation.

Now that I completed my Starship Troopers mini collection...

starship_troopers.JPG.fbd44eb399e3f5a98119a5fef076e92a.JPG

Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars is a fantastic way to keep some of the original cast engaged. Casper Van Dien voices Johnny Rico and Dina Meyer voices Dizzy Flores.

Even the opening brings the action!

Edited by Bosco685

6 hours ago, Oddball said:

In Québec our biggest and probably last renter video store franchise closed .they sold out all theyre movie for 1$or 50 cents.so i stocked up movies like crazy anthropoid was one of them.theres a lot i havent watched yet but thanks to you im watching antropoid tonight thanks man(thumbsu

Edited by Namtak

A war movie that i watched over and over again was enemy at the gates with a great came from ron perlman,not saying its the best war movie but worth watching at least once!

220px-Enemy_at_the_gates_ver2.jpg

On a more cheery note from a war movie,i like this one,kelly heroes,Donald shuterland is something else in that film lolbut its not an all comedy flik,theres a little of everithing in there ,drama action,big tanks fights!(worship)

MV5BMzAyNDUwYzUtN2NlMC00ODliLWExMjgtMGMzNmYzZmUwYTg1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_.jpg

Edited by Namtak

I might be the only one saying this movie should be seen but i liked it,it inspirer a few video games to copy the styles,i think its still worth watching .theres a comic book vibe to it just like the warriors witch is from the same director

KSMh8nM.jpg

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

On a more cheery note from a war movie,i like this one,kelly heroes,Donald shuterland is something else in that film lolbut its not an all comedy flik,theres a little of everithing in there ,drama action,big tanks fights!(worship)

MV5BMzAyNDUwYzUtN2NlMC00ODliLWExMjgtMGMzNmYzZmUwYTg1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_.jpg

it is a good one, I agree. the Dirty Dozen is a good one from that era as well.

Sutherland is very good in so many things, even Animal House! MASH, Klute (there's one for you, and if Jane Fonda is your thing watch Barbarella for a treat), I was very scared by Invasion of the Body Snatchers when I saw it in the theatre at age 11/12! (I can still see him in the final scene pointing at me)

On 3/9/2021 at 10:14 AM, Namtak said:

A dc cartoon sometime forgotten but so fun to watch and still fresh execpt for some rascisim and war comment .still one of my favorite superman cartoon ever,i specially like the episode Electric earthquake !

finding-filmation-the-new-adventures-of-superman.jpg

Not really forgotten when it gets recognized twice by the CW shows.

Brandon_Routh_Supes.thumb.jpg.7a1425cd65cc4f2028fd05a52e8dbd34.jpg

SupermanLoisActionComics.png.7d83a881a4accea56961d0d810da04a9.png

1 minute ago, D84 said:

I highly recommend Seven Samurai. Even though it's 3 hours, you won't feel it.

Saw it a few time,genious,then end cut it dry tough,left a bad taste is the mouth know what i mean.for those who hasnt saw it wont understand what i mean anyway so its no spoiler,i like how the leader rub his growing hair,it show how long they stood in the village seeing his hair grow back.it will always be a favorite of mine