• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are posts getting removed/locked? Is free speech not allowed on here any more?
4 4

276 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Any insight into what is happening? 

They arent censoring free speech. Some people were just acting insanely ridiculous and they had to close threads.

It all started with a discussion over if grading is worth it or not if your going to resell the cards. I made a statement stating that, no its not really worth it since if your just going to hang on to them, whats the point? You can just buy binder, screw cases, etc. and keep them in shape that way. People kept arguing that Im running their hobby and their enjoyment, which makes zero sense but whatever.

Then this one guy comes in saying that I have a learning disability and that im a stupid person for what im saying, while simultaneously missing the point that there are people out there who dont care about selling their cards and grading is just a waste of their money. I told the guy thats completely out of line and reported him since he was being so aggressive over such a mundane thing. 

Then some trolls got offended (yes offended, not sure how) and started making threads about me and how I am scum of the earth and that I deserve to be called stupid n with a learning disability just because I said some people were acting stupid and for calling some a karen. I didnt want to respond at first, but then I made my case. Turns out, nobody listened and continued to bash me without reading anything that I wrote. It became an us against me thing to where somehow Im the one whos a horrible person and everyone else is fine.

Then the dude who was talking **** to me went even further and said that I had some sort of brain injury and if I applied for social security benefits, if he saw my case (since he said he used to work there) that he would deny me. Yeah, all of this over someones opinion about Pokemon. A guy who treats people with brain injuries like garbage would want me to be homeless and hungry just because I disagreed with him about Pokemon cards. And he seemed perfectly ok with saying all of this like its something he does on a daily basis with no remorse.

Then another thread got made saying "matty part 2" where the guy says I need to take more "heat" while not knowing how to spell and it was finally closed.

Yes, that all actually happened lol. And yes, there are some very sick in the head people on these boards.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

Oh wow, CGC is about to drop some draconian speech limiting measures on me for even asking and reopening these old wounds lol  I had no idea is got this bad, jeez. 

So let's shift gears.... uhhh.... how about CGC being really fair but harsh graders am I right guys? Cheers to being the Pokemon community standard soon!

P.S. get your cards in ASAP... stimmies are only going to make the TATs worse in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Oh wow, CGC is about to drop some draconian speech limiting measures on me for even asking and reopening these old wounds lol  I had no idea is got this bad, jeez. 

So let's shift gears.... uhhh.... how about CGC being really fair but harsh graders am I right guys? Cheers to being the Pokemon community standard soon!

P.S. get your cards in ASAP... stimmies are only going to make the TATs worse in my opinion. 

If your a rational human being, your fine. If your some crazy person then yes you should be worried lol. I dont know where these crazies came from but im moving on from them. Whats hilarious is that they havent moved on from me. I wouldnt be shocked if there was a matty part 3 since they just love talking about me so much.

And them being harsh, no its more like they grade correctly and fairly. PSA just sucked when it came to grading. They were all over the place and had no consistency. Then again, they hired crappy talent since they are located in Southern California and you cant really get good talent when your only paying 30-40k a year in a high cost of living area. CGC being in Florida makes it easier since they dont have to shell out tons of money to get people to come there since Florida is a way cheaper place to live and people can survive off 30-40k there.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

17 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

lol Man, I love this card forum. 

I get to make a ruling on this believe it or not.

So long as the Card subforum is attached to the comic book boards and are not a separate entity like the coin boards.

The card subforum closures will qualify for pernts. 

(IF such a thing still existed.)

can we get the "why you no fun" guy, show these n00bs some history?

Edited by Bird
I never posted that before and couldn't find the correct one

1 minute ago, mattyzeepgam said:

CGC being in Florida makes it easier since they dont have to shell out tons of money to get people to come there.

Can't tell if this was a Florida Man joke. hm

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I get to make a ruling on this believe it or not.

So long as the Card subforum is attached to the comic book boards and are not a separate entity like the coin boards.

The card subforum closures will qualify for pernts. 

(IF such a thing still existed.)

Hard to score when things are so bad they get removed 

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Can't tell if this was a Florida Man joke. hm

Lol its related to the cost of living. People can buy homes in most of Florida while nobody can in Southern California. Im really surprised PSA never thought of moving to like Nevada or Arizona to where operating is much cheaper.