• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bulk is too cheap
1 1

7 posts in this topic

You know it. I know it. CGC knows it. Demand will not change at a small increase in price. PSA set the new bar, follow the market leader.

Raise the price of Bulk to a competitive range of $12-$16/card and use that extra $ to:

• Hire an additional mail receiver so Express/Walkthrough submissions aren't sitting for 3 weeks untouched
  • Hire additional graders/improve tech
  • Buy another encapsulation machine which appears to be another bottleneck in the process

I really am not trying to be snarky or edgy, this is free advice from a passionate Customer looking in from the outside. Even if I don't know the ins and outs of CGC internally, I can 100% say Bulk is too cheap. Think about what that money can do for your operation, CGC! 

I'm thinking of how one would implement measures to help people so they aren't clogging the system and overall act more considerately with what they are sending in, but that's hard to evaluate, and I fear that people and their resulting "junk slabs" will turn away from future service. I worry about people grading for the sake of grading because they think any graded card is free money and gogogo send everything in as fast as possible! There could be a lot of weird CGC bulk showing up on Ebay in a few months. You almost need a "pre-grading" service, someone to look at a card list and go "naw, that's a bad idea, save your money" but that's tough to manage during a feeding frenzy. There's no real way to objectively value this stuff beyond the quality so you can't just say "sorry but I won't grade your 300... badgers... that's holding up the company and the customers".

So, is raising bulk the solution? Will that introduce more discerning customer behavior? Maybe eliminate "economy" altogether and have bulk's max value go up to 400 with a 25 card minimum? Economy is kind of a waste at this point, I feel a more balanced solution can be offered. Good idea!

10 hours ago, JohnBurke said:

My ex/wk was definitely opened with priority, received in a few days after delivered 🤷‍♂️ 

Same here, my order that arrived to them this week on Friday Morning 3/19 had WK clearly written in sharpie on all sides of the box. By the next day Saturday 3/20 at lunch time it was already in scheduled for grading.

Edited by sellerservicescorp

More money doesn't always fix problems.

You can hire all the janitors in the world, that isn't going to give you more people in the choke points.

I don't believe there exists, right now, enough people with the qualifications to properly grade.

It is an expertise you can't woosh into existence by throwing money at it.

And before you come up with the idea of training(more) people- understand that will at least DOUBLE wait times.

Right now, these people are hyper focused on the job and it's not enough to meet demand.

You ask them to train(more) new people right now and you will slow down grading big time.

I am sorry but this is a complicated issue that isn't easily solved.

I believe CGC has some very smart people making mostly good choices, which is great.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game." - CGC, PSA, BGS, etc are all doing their best. Stop hating on them over circumstances out of their control.

Edit: Realizing they maybe using some man power to train new graders. But that's the now circumstance and asking to train more then now is going to slow things down.

Edited by Toybot