• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios Hawkeye spinoff Echo coming to Disney+
2 2

130 posts in this topic

TBH I thought Echo was the weakest part of Hawkeye. Not enthused.

Hawkeye Season 2 - very enthused.

Kate Bishop may be the character to drive Phase 5 especially if she becomes an Avenger.

I thought Hailee Steinfeld was excellent.

In a new episode on Ben Blacker's Writers Panel podcast, Dayre revealed there's still quite some time before the show will be ready for release. "That will be probably a year from when this comes out," Dayre said of a release date (via The Cosmic Circus).

When it was first announced, Echo was given a "Summer 2023" release date, though it now looks like it will fall into into Winter 2023/2024 slot previously taken by Agatha: Coven of Chaos. Given that the WandaVision series has yet to begin filming, it's likely the show will inevitably be delayed as well.

arvel's Echo is finally headed to Disney+ — and it will be breaking format along with it. On Tuesday afternoon, Marvel Studios announced that all episodes of Echo will premiere on Disney+ on Wednesday, November 29th, as opposed to episodes being released on a weekly basis. This comes after the sophomore season of Marvel's Loki will begin debuting on Friday, October 6th.

This makes Echo the first Marvel Studios Disney+ series to release in a binge model, after every previous show within the franchise has typically had a multi-episode premiere, followed by a weekly release model leading up to its season or series finale.

Yeah tbh I don't think Echo was well introduced in Hawkeye. They blew through her whole backstory and revenge arc really quickly. I want to give the show a chance because it's going to be a different and probably interesting approach to the Marvel universe, but if Kingpin is the main villain again... kinda getting boring. Hopefully the trailer will look good once it's released!

On 11/1/2023 at 11:05 AM, NewEnglandGothic said:

I'm a fan of the character.  I'll be watching.

The good news is that so far the show looks great, the bad news is don't assume we are getting the exact comic character as the director has stated “Her power in the comic books is that she can copy anything, any movement, any whatever. It’s kind of lame. I will say, that is not her power.

(also I did totally groan when I saw them use 'lame' as a pejorative in this context... :facepalm: )