• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios Hawkeye spinoff Echo coming to Disney+
2 2

130 posts in this topic

Over the holidays, my lady friend and I read my OO Bendis DD run [which I shipped off to GBD @dover , gratis] & watched the 3 NF DD shows, which I'd seen before. 

We liked HAWKEYE, mostly because of Kate Bishop & the show's solid pacing.  

We watched E1&2 of ECHO last night & came away with positive feels. 

For those wondering, ECHO featured plenty of the grim&gritty bloodshed we're* all so fond of, despite being Disney.  

*I'm expert at going to the little boy's room or scrolling my SCHWAB account during fight scenes & action sequences. So, my report on the so very important violence is secondhand, courtesy of my lady friend.  

Edited by TupennyConan
linked GBD

On 1/14/2024 at 10:08 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Sadly it was a bore. 

It was bloody awful.

The 'Hero' could have least got into shape - and we are supposed to accept that a one-legged, deaf, overweight woman kicked Daredevil AND The Kingpins behind.

I'm all for equality, but lets at last try to make it believable.

This wasn't.

On 1/14/2024 at 2:58 PM, Beige said:

It was bloody awful.

The 'Hero' could have least got into shape - and we are supposed to accept that a one-legged, deaf, overweight woman kicked Daredevil AND The Kingpins behind.

I'm all for equality, but lets at last try to make it believable.

This wasn't.

I thought it was ok, but the bar is set on the floor with MCU right now.    I thought she acted well, but as a super hero character, yeah Howard the Duck has a better CV.

On 1/13/2024 at 7:58 PM, Beige said:

She didn't kick Daredevil's behind. She held her own until he was too much and beat her.

On 1/15/2024 at 10:28 AM, Hawkman said:

She didn't kick Daredevil's behind. She held her own until he was too much and beat her.

OK.

An overweight, deaf, one-legged woman 'held her own' against Daredevil for 3 minutes.

Which part of 'complete garbage' are you getting confused with?

Is it too much to ask to make the hero at least a little believable?

On 1/14/2024 at 2:51 AM, Microchip said:

An indigenous, deaf, amputee. with a ton of baby fat, as the all conquering superhero does sound like a massive box ticking exercise.

Not to be mean, but it seems like the ability to hear is critical to being a good assassin or hit person.  So take away a superpower that more then compensates for that disability (like DD), why would Fisk pick her?/

On 1/15/2024 at 2:21 PM, drotto said:

Not to be mean, but it seems like the ability to hear is critical to being a good assassin or hit person.  So take away a superpower that more then compensates for that disability (like DD), why would Fisk pick her?/

I think what got me was the early news first that Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio were coming back in their original Netflix character design, and that this was going to be tied into the original Netflix shows.  

On 7/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, Bosco685 said:

Then with the Marvel Spotlight show banner news with the involvement of Michael 'Werewolf By Night' Giacchino, and these being darker shows, the excitement was even higher.

What Is Marvel Spotlight? Marvel Studios' New Banner & MCU Connections Explained

So I guess the bar was set high for me at that point in believing the early story Marvel Studios was selling.

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/15/2024 at 3:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

I think what got me was the early news first that Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio were coming back in their original Netflix character design, and that this was going to be tied into the original Netflix shows.  

Then with the Marvel Spotlight show banner news with the involvement of Michael 'Werewolf By Night' Giacchino, and these being darker shows, the excitement was even higher.

What Is Marvel Spotlight? Marvel Studios' New Banner & MCU Connections Explained

So I guess the bar was set high for me at that point in believing the early story Marvel Studios was selling.

So, DD being a tease more then an appearance, and much of the first episode being recap seemed a bit disingenuous?

Spoiler

I am still trying to figure out how Kingpin survived being shot at point blank range in the eye.

Would that nit make her a crappy assassin?

Edited by drotto