• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Aliens Vol 1 reach cult status
1 1

288 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2022 at 2:02 PM, Parabellum said:

"Better"...You spelled "ridiculous" wrong.lol  Oh and that was my fault in regards to the addition of the later printings.  I ruined everything.  Maybe we should request a first print only registry set.

Ha, it was you! Nah, that's fine, I'm truly fine with having an incomplete set. I couldn't even tell you what I did with my Best of registry awards certificates either, I'm sure they're around here somewhere. I'm more than happy to turn it over to someone much more driven than I am to finish it off!

On 3/22/2022 at 11:03 AM, F For Fake said:

It's good you've held onto the 9.6's, that's very smart, I wish I'd kept my undercopies. For a few years I had the 9.6 of #1 & #2 as my place holders, as I didn't expect the 9.8's to ever show up. I also had a 9.4 of #1. After I got my 9.8 set, I sold the undercopies, because at the time, there was very little interest in the book. Probably sold them at a loss, too. Definitely ripped myself off there, but it wasn't the first or last time!

Same, there are many books I've sold, even now, that I've taken on the chin.

Overall though, I've been in the plus, and thankful for that

On 3/22/2022 at 2:06 PM, The Meta said:

Same, there are many books I've sold, even now, that I've taken on the chin.

Overall though, I've been in the plus, and thankful for that

For sure! I am always complaining about books I let go of way too early. And when I do this, my wife will say "But did you make a good profit at the time?" and I'll say "yes". And she'll say "Were you happy with the money at the time?" And I'll say "yes".  And she'll say "Well there you go." And then I'll try to accept this, but then I'll remember what I sold my Walking Dead 1 9.8, Batman Adventures 12 9.8, and New Mutants 98 Newsstand 9.8 for, and I'll go to the basement and beat  myself with a tire iron.

But yeah, the wins outweigh the losses by a good margin...but those wins could have been so much bigger! ha

I

Its all about the long game.  My brother is an accountant and kind of set me straight in regards to collecting.  You cant look at individual items, look at it as a whole.  If you're in the "black" you're doing fine.  If you're at least able to make back the money you put into it then there is no loss.  

I was complaining to him about selling one of my TMNT #1 first prints too early.  He asked if I made money, of course I did.  That's when he told me to "shut the F up." lol

On 3/22/2022 at 2:11 PM, Parabellum said:

Its all about the long game.  My brother is an accountant and kind of set me straight in regards to collecting.  You cant look at individual items, look at it as a whole.  If you're in the "black" you're doing fine.  If you're at least able to make back the money you put into it then there is no loss.  

I was complaining to him about selling one of my TMNT #1 first prints too early.  He asked if I made money, of course I did.  That's when he told me to "shut the F up." lol

It's true. It really is true. But man, it can be a hard pill to swallow sometimes.

I refuse to look at or acknowledge sales of AF15 since I let mine go. I...truly do not want to know.

On 3/22/2022 at 1:21 PM, Parabellum said:
On 4/3/2021 at 8:49 AM, chrisco37 said:

Same here.  But that one is really impressive.   One of the best ones I've ever seen.  

Missing the Stan Lee sig though.  :insane:

This post still cracks me up when I read it. 

And that book is still  the best Sig Series book I've ever seen.  

On 3/22/2022 at 2:17 PM, The Meta said:

I'm getting to the point of just hoarding again

I've got a ASM 299 I could unload for an easy 1k right now, I even bought the book to flip it lol now I can't let it go

Same with my 9.6 NM 98 newsstand 

Im in that boat right now with some bronze age keys and minor keys.

On 3/22/2022 at 2:17 PM, The Meta said:

I'm getting to the point of just hoarding again

I've got a ASM 299 I could unload for an easy 1k right now, I even bought the book to flip it lol now I can't let it go

Same with my 9.6 NM 98 newsstand 

Yes, I'm in the same place. I just can't let anything go right now, unless it's something I'm picking up specifically to flip. But otherwise, if I can find keys below market value, I'm buying and holding. I know the market can't go up forever, but...I dunno. I've burned myself too many times in the past, I'm scared to let any of it go now ha

On 3/22/2022 at 5:46 PM, ramrod44 said:

I use a thin belt & door knob after putting on my Batman costume.  :whatthe:

Hey, whatever turns your Batarang!

On 3/23/2022 at 12:57 AM, AnthaiHERO said:

Maybe I have a shot at a crack and press. Picked this up on ebay for $150 last year packaged with a PGX #6 9.8. Normally I don't buy PGX, but #2s don't show up often. Hopefully it's actually a first print!

20220322_215355.jpg

Looks clean from here!  I would definitely send it in.  Don't crack it out of the case, let CGC do it.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:03 PM, Iceman399 said:

I'm not a huge fan of sig series but when the aliens signing took place I had to jump at it.  Torrey took good care of me.  I know it's a repost for some of you.

452417724_Image(1891)(1).thumb.jpg.829a5ed64984b432f1491c1de2ad5814.jpg

And bumping this book because it's just so frikkin' awesome.