• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgc should stop receiving cards
1 1

166 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Always interested in more knowledge and i do see some potential in several of the card threads, but it is still so full of jackwagon mess that needs to shape up or ship out. We will see and look forward to good conversation and contributions.  BTW.. welcome to the boards. 

Thank you for the welcome. Most of the forums I have belonged to have slowly died out, and I miss the conversations that happens on them. There is FB, but it isn't really the same.

2 minutes ago, LuckyMouse said:

Thank you for the welcome. Most of the forums I have belonged to have slowly died out, and I miss the conversations that happens on them. There is FB, but it isn't really the same.

You are welcome.  Yes most have faded into oblivion.  The only one I still see around is NSU Update. I would agree FB is definitely not the same.

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

You are welcome.  Yes most have faded into oblivion.  The only one I still see around is NSU Update. I would agree FB is definitely not the same.

Had to google NSU Update. Will be checking that one out, looks interesting.

7 minutes ago, LuckyMouse said:

Had to google NSU Update. Will be checking that one out, looks interesting.

It is . Been around a while.. Tons of good information and great network of collector's. I am sure once things get settled down here more will migrate.  

3 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

AnyNaughtyBullfrog-size_restricted.gif.deb1b149eec643fa3f2d799ff2d48d63.gif

What's so bad about it? No matter what, we're talking how to figure out who gets to have their cards graded now and who gets them later.

Random lottery seems the fairest. 

Also, it would be lotteries for each tier of service. Not suggesting to get rid of those, just lottery out the spots for each one.

5 minutes ago, Toybot said:

What's so bad about it? No matter what, we're talking how to figure out who gets to have their cards graded now and who gets them later.

Random lottery seems the fairest. 

Also, it would be lotteries for each tier of service. Not suggesting to get rid of those, just lottery out the spots for each one.

The Gif I posted was from a movie,  based on a book.. The lottery.  Maybe watch it.. 

But if you must have a reply to this. Those who were not selected would claim bias . And we would be right back to the same mess.  

It is just not a rational way to conduct business.  

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
" Deep Thoughts " by Jack Handy

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The Gif I posted was from a movie,  based on a book.. The lottery.  Maybe watch it.. 

But if you must have a reply to this. Those who were not selected would claim bias . And we would be right back to the same mess.  

It is just not a rational way to conduct business.  

Gotcha, kinda hard to tell when you're not in the know. You're meme library just overpowers me lol 

It's about figuring out who gets them now and who gets them later and the laters will always complain no matter how fair the choice becomes.

Not sure what Bias can come from a random lottery unless people claim conspiracy and I don't see why anyone should even pay attention to those.

Well, wonder what other ideas anyone has to not off the laters too much lol 

12 minutes ago, Toybot said:

Gotcha, kinda hard to tell when you're not in the know. You're meme library just overpowers me lol 

It's about figuring out who gets them now and who gets them later and the laters will always complain no matter how fair the choice becomes.

Not sure what Bias can come from a random lottery unless people claim conspiracy and I don't see why anyone should even pay attention to those.

Well, wonder what other ideas anyone has to not off the laters too much lol 

Years of collecting.  Books, Comics, Cards, Meme, Gifs, Coins, Games, Movies, Art, Toys, just about anything that can be collected.  

Variety is the spice of life. 

There will always be bias when people are involved.  It is just nature.  Random or not people will always think what they want and make unsubstantiated claims, which will in turn garner a following.  That is why some of these thread get bombed with ridicule, mockery, and shenanigans.  

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes. 

A lot of us are here for our enjoyment and to further our knowledge and hobby. We all make mistakes and take our lumps. We have all stuck our foot in our mouths at times. It just comes with public forums.  

Collect what you love. Share the joys. Share the losses. Just try not to air the dirty laundry and speculation.  Those will garner an appropriate response.  

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Brought to you by Krypton Kola and Baby Ruth