• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgc should stop receiving cards
1 1

166 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, bulldog1986 said:

I wish. Right now the people causing the biggest delay are the flippers, the people trying to catch the trend. The ones that don't give a damn about the cards themselves, they only care about the grade and what cash value it means for them. Half of the people submitting likely don't even have any personal graded cards they are keeping, all of them are going on ebay the moment they get their hot little hands on them. I would totally be OK with CGC grading only cards that are currently not printed.

I agree

18 hours ago, C2N0 said:

So back on topic: If anyone has been following the CGC Trading cards Instagram, it’s story is basically nonstop bulk submissions, one that was over 1200 cards from just one guy, to be graded. If it keeps up, bulk is a doomed till next year lol. I can only imagine how many more people are sending in stacks like this. 

For sure. I see many 1k bulk orders being sent in. Another problem is that I do like they have expanded cgc size but what it comes down to is that there isn't enough workers. Well qualified workers to do grading.

9 hours ago, Arev said:

For sure. I see many 1k bulk orders being sent in. Another problem is that I do like they have expanded cgc size but what it comes down to is that there isn't enough workers. Well qualified workers to do grading.

The issue is that its virtually impossible to scale this type of business. You cant scale card grading, pure and simple. Since card grading is such a niche skill, you cant just hire infinite workers. And the thing is that the card industry isnt going to grow forever. These companies are going to have major layoffs at some point since its not something that is going to grow indefinitely and there will be a crashing of the bubble. Pokemon was in a bubble during the 2nd generation and when 3rd gen hit, a bunch of cards took a hit and lots of businesses closed shop. Its fad status officially died out and its going to happen again at some point since like any fad, it doesnt last forever.

Like I know Paul is just a customer support rep and he only gets so much info from management, but Im shocked he hasnt just quit by now lol since behind the scenes, I cant imagine it being pretty. Its going to suck if you live in Sarasota and rely on mail since their mail system is on track to being really screwed up. And CGC not addressing this, yeah we are looking at a really bad situation pretty soon. And the mail opening being from early March, like I dont see how they think thats normal. But whats crazy is that, its going to get 10x worse than where its at now and with no response, yeah Im 100% glad I paid and pulled out. People arent listening to me and thats fine since its their life, not me, but wow Im so glad I paid the unofficial price tax and got my stuff back LOL My bulk/economy from february would have came back around 2050 if I didnt.

4 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

The issue is that its virtually impossible to scale this type of business. You cant scale card grading, pure and simple. Since card grading is such a niche skill, you cant just hire infinite workers. And the thing is that the card industry isnt going to grow forever. These companies are going to have major layoffs at some point since its not something that is going to grow indefinitely and there will be a crashing of the bubble. Pokemon was in a bubble during the 2nd generation and when 3rd gen hit, a bunch of cards took a hit and lots of businesses closed shop. Its fad status officially died out and its going to happen again at some point since like any fad, it doesnt last forever.

Like I know Paul is just a customer support rep and he only gets so much info from management, but Im shocked he hasnt just quit by now lol since behind the scenes, I cant imagine it being pretty. Its going to suck if you live in Sarasota and rely on mail since their mail system is on track to being really screwed up. And CGC not addressing this, yeah we are looking at a really bad situation pretty soon. And the mail opening being from early March, like I dont see how they think thats normal. But whats crazy is that, its going to get 10x worse than where its at now and with no response, yeah Im 100% glad I paid and pulled out. People arent listening to me and thats fine since its their life, not me, but wow Im so glad I paid the unofficial price tax and got my stuff back LOL My bulk/economy from february would have came back around 2050 if I didnt.

U see what we were talking about. We just wanna get that bulk from dec back. They should've prioritized the tat alil better, instead of pausing the bulk and economy to do others. Economy def shouldn't be wit bulk since u pay 12 more per card. They seriously just had prepaid and basically used that to try and scale is what it seems

2 hours ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Ok. First..I would suggest getting to know who you are talking with. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/cgc-graders/

Paul is not just some random Customer Service Rep. He is one hell of a great guy , who is spending some of his time answering jackwagon questions, not because it is his job, but because he has a passion for this hobby , and wants to help some of the others in his workplace deal with these unprecedented times. On top of doing this on his own time, he is helping to train the graders for the expansion. 

We will come back to that, but next the mailing situation. 

CGC has their own post office. Once your package arrives at Sarasota it is not sitting in a random overloaded USPS facility it is in house at CGC. They haven't exactly made this real clear for the new folks, but the main reason for this was the amount of submissions coming in from comics well before cards were even started and so that the packages could be sorted and secured by CGC employees, which considering the amount they received (especially now) should be appreciated not pizzed on by people who do not understand the shear scope of this monumental task.

Could they do better? Maybe, but again these are completely unprecedented times. I would like to see anyone else even attempt to match what they have accomplished. 

So back to the expansion.  Yes it does and will take time for them to construct, properly train, and utilize the space staff and deal with the current level of business dumped in their laps , by some who do not give one fecal drop about any of this and are part of this flipping mefirstgeneration.

Is it impossible to scale this type of business?  No. Does it take time ? Yes. Those of us who understand this have had patience.  The rest of you come on here cluttering up and slowing down the whole process with constant complaints, calls, messages about how and why you deserve to have your cards/books back now.

Just take a step back..pull the silver spoon from your entitled mouths , get off your high horses and deal with it. No one asked you to do this. It was a choice. There are and were no guarantees.  They are currently doing everything they can to step up to the plate, even when the rest are shutting it down. You want faster service PAY for it. Otherwise just wait with the rest of bulk in the back , and quit trying to shout about how it is unfair or proposing ludacris suggestions like lotteries or stopping all to catch up .

The only reason this is all seen as a bubble is due to the current influx of glut slabbing of trash that someone else is currently willing to pay to avoid this whole process and when that demand is met.. Poof the market disappears.  If everyone didn't try to rush to fill and feed this it would have been a more steady incremental increase with longevity potential, but this slab it all mentality will lay waste to most of it. If more of you had the GME diamond hands,  I am going to hold this as I love it,  and will not sell mentality you would continue to see an appreciable increase in value over time. Instead of this paper hands buy low sell high and trash it all mentality.

There is no one to blame for the mess we currently find ourselves in than the current thoughts of this flipper, pump and dump schemes hype monsters.  Those who most are getting paid by their ads, subscribers, and followers than from these actual flips themselves. 

You say you paid to get out.  Awesome.  Good for you. Now just close the rest out and dont let the door hit you on the way out. If you are out, no need to continue to clutter up this place with your insufficiently thoughtless comments, lack of empathy for those who enjoy this hobby, and the rest who are here to share in the community that have made this forum the wonderful place that it was before all of this influx of people who should just... l1OAdhP.gif.584e5da9d3dc45a4d0a0475e069c7d09.gif

Anything to add @Buzzetta?

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Rebooted

12 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Ok. First..I would suggest getting to know who you are talking with. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/cgc-graders/

Paul is not just some random Customer Service Rep. He is one hell of a great guy , who is spending some of his time answering jackwagon questions, not because it is his job, but because he has a passion for this hobby , and wants to help some of the others in his workplace deal with these unprecedented times. On top of doing this on his own time, he is helping to train the graders for the expansion.  We will come back to that, but next the mailing situation.  CGC has their own post office. Once your package arrives at Sarasota it is not sitting in a random overloaded USPS facility it is in house at CGC. They haven't exactly made this real clear for the new folks, but the main reason for this was the amount of submissions coming in from comics well before cards were even started and so that the packages could be sorted and secured by CGC employees, which considering the amount they received (especially now) should be appreciated not pizzed on by people who do not understand the shear scope of this monumental task. Could they do better? Maybe, but again these are completely unprecedented times. I would like to see anyone else even attempt to match what they have accomplished.  So back to the expansion.  Yes it does and will take time for them to construct, properly train, and utilize the space staff and deal with the current level of business dumped in their laps , by some who do not give one fecal drop about any of this and are part of this flipping mefirstgeneration. Is it impossible to scale this type of business?  No. Does it take time ? Yes. Those of us who understand this have had patience.  The rest of you come on here cluttering up and slowing down the whole process with constant complaints, calls, messages about how and why you deserve to have your cards/books back now. Just take a step back..pull the silver spoon from your entitled mouths , get off your high horses and deal with it. No one asked you to do this. It was a choice. There are and were no guarantees.  They are currently doing everything they can to step up to the plate, even when the rest are shutting it down. You want faster service PAY for it. Otherwise just wait with the rest of bulk in the back , and quit trying to shout about how it is unfair or proposing ludacris suggestions like lotteries or stopping all to catch up . Only reason this is all seen as a bubble is due to the current influx of glut slabbing of trash that someone else is currently willing to pay to avoid this whole process and when that demand is met.. Poof the market disappears.  If everyone didn't try to rush to fill and feed this it would have been a more steady incremental increase with longevity potential, but this slab it all mentality will lay waste to most of it. If more of you had the GME diamond hands,  I am going to hold this as I love it,  and will not sell mentality you would continue to see an appreciable increase in value over time. Instead of this paper hands buy low sell high and trash it all mentality. No one to blame for the mess we currently find ourselves in than the current thoughts of this flipper, pump and dump schemes hype monsters.  Who most are getting paid by their ads, subscribers, and followers than from these actual flips themselves.  You say you paid to get out.  Awesome.  Good for you. Now just close the rest out and dont let the door hit you on the way out. If you are out, no need to continue to clutter up this place with your insufficiently thoughtless comments, lack of empathy for those who enjoy this hobby, and the rest who are here to share in the community that have made this forum the wonderful place that it was before all of this influx of people who should just... l1OAdhP.gif.584e5da9d3dc45a4d0a0475e069c7d09.gif

Anything to add @Buzzetta?

Are you drunk? I didnt say anything of what your talking about. All i read was a long rant of a butthurt dude who doesnt know what hes talking about.

Just now, geraldfordfan69 said:

Are you drunk? I didnt say anything of what your talking about. All i read was a long rant of a butthurt dude who doesnt know what hes talking about.

Must not have actually read, and understood what was conveyed.  Knew it wasn't worth the effort.  Guess I will go back to watching you newcomers self destructing.. 1808ce5356cf937a464f61403ef7f15934-capricorn_h473_w710.gif.de7310ef9eface56431fcfdff53984f1.gif

4 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

The only butthurt here has been all these jackwagon threads about how a company should run their business and TAT crying. TornUntriedAngelfish-size_restricted.gif.5c2b0ef595583b4d0dd79cf4e6ba7cb4.gif

7 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Must not have actually read, and understood what was conveyed.  Knew it wasn't worth the effort.  Guess I will go back to watching you newcomers self destructing.. 1808ce5356cf937a464f61403ef7f15934-capricorn_h473_w710.gif.de7310ef9eface56431fcfdff53984f1.gif

Your writing sucks. You went on a rant about how everything is my fault and cgc has no responsibility over everything and for me to get lost. You dont know how paragraphs work or how to get straight to the point. You cant write without a bunch of ranting. Long writing doesnt mean good writing.

CGC is making unrealistic expectations at this point. They are now the only game in town doing bulk at 9 bucks and walkthroughs that are "30 days" for only 20 dollars. Its not realistic at this point. And no, its not scalable in any universe. If PSA cant do it, I doubt CGC can do it. You cant throw more workers and think it will fix itself.

But yes ill happy see myself out. I dont think most normal people want to be around a bunch of bitter old men who can only talk through gifs and cant hold a conversation. There is a reason this guy is what people think of comic book people.

The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

Edited by geraldfordfan69

3 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Your writing sucks. You went on a rant about how everything is my fault and cgc has no responsibility over everything and for me to get lost. You dont know how paragraphs work or how to get straight to the point. You cant write without a bunch of ranting. Long writing doesnt mean good writing.

CGC is making unrealistic expectations at this point. They are now the only game in town doing bulk at 9 bucks and walkthroughs that are "30 days" for only 20 dollars. Its not realistic at this point. And no, its not scalable in any universe. If PSA cant do it, I doubt CGC can do it. You cant throw more workers and think it will fix itself.

But yes ill happy see myself out. I dont think most normal people wanna be a bunch of bitter old men who can only talk through gifs and cant hold a conversation.

usually  I take more time and care with my writing as well as structure, but this dumpster fire and moaning really has just gotten out of hand. 

I have tried to welcome several with well thought out posts and information, but some there just is no rationale.  

Yes they are currently one of the cheapest.  All the more reason not to complain and destroy what they have going. 

If it were not scalable they would not be doing it. 

5 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

usually  I take more time and care with my writing as well as structure, but this dumpster fire and moaning really has just gotten out of hand. 

I have tried to welcome several with well thought out posts and information, but some there just is no rationale.  

Yes they are currently one of the cheapest.  All the more reason not to complain and destroy what they have going. 

If it were not scalable they would not be doing it. 

Im not moaning. Again, your clearly under the influence of something or just emotionally unintelligent since that is not at all what Im feeling. 

Im keeping it 100%, something that alot of people on here arent capable of doing since they are so scared of what other people think about them. I been told alot of BS in my life and I could care less what a bunch of strangers on the internet think about me. Clearly, you dont though since you keep spamming gifs like some tik tok child and care about your internet image like it means anything.

The reality is that, no CGC is no capable of handling the storm that is coming. The TAT's on bulk/economy keep getting pushed back, unless you pay the tax of $12, which I did and its whatever. Im not mad about it, im not thrilled, it just IS WHAT IT IS. Im merely making a statement and have no emotions about it.

Either that TAT's are going to shoot up like crazy or there will be another unofficial tax coming. There is no universe where everything is going to continue the way it is. CGC can think they can ignore what happen with PSA, but they cant. Welcome to reality to where your feelings dont matter. The reality is that things will be forced to change and CGC does not sound prepared. You can argue how you feel or what you think all day long, but those are the facts.

2 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Im not moaning. Again, your clearly under the influence of something or just emotionally unintelligent since that is not at all what Im feeling. 

Im keeping it 100%, something that alot of people on here arent capable of doing since they are so scared of what other people think about them. I been told alot of BS in my life and I could care less what a bunch of strangers on the internet think about me. Clearly, you dont though since you keep spamming gifs like some tik tok child and care about your internet image like it means anything.

The reality is that, no CGC is no capable of handling the storm that is coming. The TAT's on bulk/economy keep getting pushed back, unless you pay the tax of $12, which I did and its whatever. Im not mad about it, im not thrilled, it just IS WHAT IT IS. Im merely making a statement and have no emotions about it.

Either that TAT's are going to shoot up like crazy or there will be another unofficial tax coming. There is no universe where everything is going to continue the way it is. CGC can think they can ignore what happen with PSA, but they cant. Welcome to reality to where your feelings dont matter. The reality is that things will be forced to change and CGC does not sound prepared. You can argue how you feel or what you think all day long, but those are the facts.

Generally the guy who resorts to insult has lost the argument-

10 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

That is just your 2c  you can call them facts all you want doesn't make them true. 

Truly you do not know me as you said some internet stranger.  I do not have or care about an image. I am who I am. There are times I use GIFs and Memes to convey what is on my mind as it doesn't do justice just typing out emotionless text. 

Just saying the phrase, "keeping it 100% " says a lot about your age and mental acumen.  Next it will be nom sayn' or brah.. 

It was also the reason I made the diamond hands/paper hands comment as that is all from this mefirstgenerations terminology.  Just trying to communicate in your language.  

Just my 2c

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Synonym Rolls , Like Grammar Used to Make.