• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,641 posts in this topic

Standard, 15 Cards, No sub grades

Received: 2/12/2021

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 7/8/2021

Yet to move again. Any Ideas?

Edited by DuaneB
Says it was hidden

• Administrator

With regards to the "glitch" I was actually just not informed of some internal changes that were made, I apologize. The statuses were actually recently updated. Now, when a submission is received and verified, it is put into "Scheduled for Grading", which makes more sense than it used to, honestly. So now this status will be the longest one for Bulk and Economy submissions rather than the old one which was simply "Received". When it's in grading, it will go to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging. 

Paul

On 7/20/2021 at 12:52 PM, PaulS. said:

With regards to the "glitch" I was actually just not informed of some internal changes that were made, I apologize. The statuses were actually recently updated. Now, when a submission is received and verified, it is put into "Scheduled for Grading", which makes more sense than it used to, honestly. So now this status will be the longest one for Bulk and Economy submissions rather than the old one which was simply "Received". When it's in grading, it will go to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging. 

Paul

Can you explain why people have reported their subs going from Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging => Grading/Quality Control before reaching Finalized/Shipped?  Are those not the same thing?

On 7/20/2021 at 12:57 PM, drewwebs said:

Can you explain why people have reported their subs going from Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging => Grading/Quality Control before reaching Finalized/Shipped?  Are those not the same thing?

my submission (80 cards, 16 with sub grades) was received 2/10

they both moved to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging last week

yesterday my submission with subgrades went into Grading/Quality Control  then today it went into Finalized/Shipped

my submission without subgrades is still stuck in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging lol

Edited by Youkay

On 7/20/2021 at 12:57 PM, drewwebs said:

They probably have a second quality control look at the card after it is encapsulated to ensure no mistakes before shipment. PSA does it and CGC most likely does it as well, as the process shows.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:52 PM, PaulS. said:

Paul

This is a fancy way of saying CGC didn't inform their head of Public Relations about a huge update that would effect quite a few of the beforementioned Public.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:58 PM, tomatocan said:

This is a fancy way of saying CGC didn't inform their head of Public Relations about a huge update that would effect quite a few of the beforementioned Public.

He said he was not informed, and apologized. Then he went ahead to explain the update. We are well aware of what kind of impact that had over this forum the last week or so.

What's so Fancy about that?

Edited by KJK714

On 7/20/2021 at 7:13 PM, KJK714 said:

He said he was not informed, and apologized. Then he went ahead to explain the update. We are well aware of what kind of impact that had over this forum the last week or so.

What's so Fancy about that?

I think they were trying to make a joke 🤷🏾‍♂️

On 7/20/2021 at 3:52 PM, PaulS. said:

Paul

Appreciate the explanation Paul, just wondering why all of my cards aren’t fully described on the “scheduled for grading page”? I have a few cards that aren’t described and just have a number and a set name. 

On 7/21/2021 at 7:09 AM, Iacovan16 said:

Appreciate the explanation Paul, just wondering why all of my cards aren’t fully described on the “scheduled for grading page”? I have a few cards that aren’t described and just have a number and a set name. 

Ditto. Had me worried as well.

I'm not sure if it was noted in here or if others noticed...but it looks like there is a charge now for Imaging for once the card is encapsulated. If you sent in before this change it looks like you are good as my first submission that is on it's way back to me has images available to view and I never paid a separate fee for it.

So....I wonder if this will help other orders move through quicker as not everyone will pay extra per card for imaging, which I think was an extra $5 if I recall seeing it correctly.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:09 AM, Iacovan16 said:

I saw on another thread that this will get updated once the graders get to them. As well as if your card is listed as INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE and the card is actually an accepted TCG card

Woohoo!! Also, does anyone know how to switch the card on file for an order? I contacted support like 2 weeks ago asking about it and never got a response back

Submission Type: Standard, 8 cards with subgrades (did not mark the box)

Delivered: 4/26/21

Received: 7/21/21

Scheduled for Grading: 7/21/21

On 7/21/2021 at 4:16 PM, arodrig17 said:

Woohoo!! Also, does anyone know how to switch the card on file for an order? I contacted support like 2 weeks ago asking about it and never got a response back

Submission Type: Standard, 8 cards with subgrades (did not mark the box)

Delivered: 4/26/21

Received: 7/21/21

Scheduled for Grading: 7/21/21

Called them. I've never really had luck with emailing them....

On 7/20/2021 at 3:28 PM, DuaneB said:

Standard, 15 Cards, No sub grades

Received: 2/12/2021

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 7/8/2021

Yet to move again. Any Ideas?

I would call them. when this happened to me apparently there was an "accounting issue".... no explanation whatsoever. I called and left a message after emailing customer service. nothing wrong with my card. nothing wrong with my account. my sh*t was just sitting there. not moving..

Edited by Isapayne15