• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,631 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2021 at 7:53 AM, Spawnfreak said:

I'm 75 years old, and I do not understand why people who hate the service at a business keep frequenting that business. Go someplace else! And please stop complaining. I submitted some cards to another service in March, and decided to forget they (the cards) existed. When I get them back, I get them back, always assuming I live that long! I have to think the ones who are yelling the loudest want their stuff back to sell quickly. OK I have no problem with that, but you knew what you were getting into. As Yogi Berra said; "It's so busy, no one goes there anymore." Not much of a rant, but there you go.:martini:

I don't think you understand what people are "complaining" about. I understand the TAT are estimated, but when that so called estimated TAT doubles and triples with no warning, people are gonna get pissed.

I had a standard sub with a estimated TAT of 45 days when it arrived at CGC a few months ago. When I got my cards back it was roughly 130 days. 

The estimated TAT has gotta better over the last 4-6 weeks with everything leveling out with people sending in cards etc. But the TAT times posted before are a complete joke and hardly a estimate. Just a crazy wild guess. I'm getting my childhood cards graded with my sons modern cards as a hobby for us to have something to do. Every person complaining is not a Ebay seller.

A company can do a million things right but the majority of the time people only talk about the bad as you see in these forums.

Don't even get me started about the crappy cardboard insert they use when they ship your slabs back to you that damages them during shipping... but over all, I have had mostly good experiences with CGC so far... Hope all is well old timer and may each day be easy for you. 🙏 

On 8/26/2021 at 2:18 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Need to take people from receiving and teach them how to grade cards.... lol

Have one order that's been paid for and graded for over a month according to CS. Think they're either share the sonic welder between services or don't have enough employees to run them. As the bottleneck at the moment seems to be getting them out the door as well.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:47 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

I don't think you understand what people are "complaining" about. I understand the TAT are estimated, but when that so called estimated TAT doubles and triples with no warning, people are gonna get pissed.

I had a standard sub with a estimated TAT of 45 days when it arrived at CGC a few months ago. When I got my cards back it was roughly 130 days. 

The estimated TAT has gotta better over the last 4-6 weeks with everything leveling out with people sending in cards etc. But the TAT times posted before are a complete joke and hardly a estimate. Just a crazy wild guess. I'm getting my childhood cards graded with my sons modern cards as a hobby for us to have something to do. Every person complaining is not a Ebay seller.

A company can do a million things right but the majority of the time people only talk about the bad as you see in these forums.

Don't even get me started about the crappy cardboard insert they use when they ship your slabs back to you that damages them during shipping... but over all, I have had mostly good experiences with CGC so far... Hope all is well old timer and may each day be easy for you. 🙏 

And I get every word of that. Once they have your submission, they should stand up to the starting agreement.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:21 AM, Deha88 said:

Still waiting… while others economy orders after mine have shipped back. 

FA9E6CE7-9B69-4BF8-B51D-9D55E4641B8C.jpeg

Same deal here.  Got my bulk back a week ago, but economy is still stuck in G/E/I.  Glad I paid more for "faster" processing!

On 8/27/2021 at 6:53 AM, Spawnfreak said:

I'm 75 years old, and I do not understand why people who hate the service at a business keep frequenting that business. Go someplace else! And please stop complaining. I submitted some cards to another service in March, and decided to forget they (the cards) existed. When I get them back, I get them back, always assuming I live that long! I have to think the ones who are yelling the loudest want their stuff back to sell quickly. OK I have no problem with that, but you knew what you were getting into. As Yogi Berra said; "It's so busy, no one goes there anymore." Not much of a rant, but there you go.:martini:

On 8/24/2021 at 9:06 PM, MattyIcee said:

we're all in the same boat man. i know im not subbing here anymore lol

I used to have the same attitude of just wait and see, but now I am beyond frustrated. No, I don't want my cards back so I can flip them. These are a combination of my own and my son's cards. My problem is I paid for a tiered service. People who paid for a lower tier with more cards in their submission and that submitted them after me already have their cards back. If that's good with you, then great. I don't hate cgc, I am just very disappointed and bewildered by the process. I don't think asking what's going on or holding a company accountable is complaining. I don't need cgc apologists complaining to my post about wanting to know what is going on with my cards. Maybe if CGC's customer service could clear the air and explain why bulk is coming back before economy people would be less frustrated. If I would have known this was going to be the case I could have saved some money by submitting bulk, and I would have my cards back by now. At this point I have no choice but to wait. They have my cards and my money. 

On 8/27/2021 at 12:21 PM, Deha88 said:

Did these JUST go into shipped.....or have they been there a few days?

My bulk rec'd 3/26....tryna figure out where they are on Bulk orders. Thx for the help 

On 8/29/2021 at 10:05 AM, TheRealGritty said:

My bulk rec'd 3/26....tryna figure out where they are on Bulk orders. Thx for the help 

His first bulk submission Shipped 8/6 and the second shipped on 8/9. So yes it has been roughly 20 days since they shipped back to them. They should have them in hand by now.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:05 AM, TheRealGritty said:

They were shipped over a week ago

On 8/27/2021 at 9:21 AM, Deha88 said:

In the same boat, my bulk orders (all received 2/12) have been here for a week (scratched to hell by the cardboard dividers of course) and economy is taking its sweet time

CGC needs to own up to those that are having delayed orders, either refund the difference or give a credit, this is so stupid. Buddy of mine received his bulk and submitted his two weeks after mine. Mine being an economy order of 3 cards and received on 5/11 and in the Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for two months.