• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,642 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2021 at 11:05 AM, joe_signs said:

Anyone know how long this stage takes? I've never been kicked back to grading / qc after being finalized.

image.thumb.png.4457cc92dad616d6643d5b7d67061f9a.png

I'm not sure, but how are people that submitted the same tier 3 months after me getting past me now?  Hell, even my bulk came back a month ago at this point, and it was received same day as my economy.

image (5).png

Edited by drewwebs

On 9/10/2021 at 11:29 AM, drewwebs said:

I'm not sure, but how are people that submitted the same tier 3 months after me getting passing me now?  Hell, even my bulk came back a month ago at this point, and it was received same day as my economy.

image (5).png

Bro, I would call accounting and see if they have you on hold for some payment issue. I called back in June and prepaid so that I wouldn't have any hold ups or card issues. But a lot of people have been having billing issues and CGC wont reach out to you about it. You have to call them to make sure. 

On 9/10/2021 at 12:17 PM, Ron Churches said:

Who are those equal rep grading companies, out of curiosity?

Prefer not to advertise for other companies here but they are out there and their cards are selling for more than CGC slabs currently with better color matching.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:49 PM, ZeroAnkoku said:

FINALLY CGC charged my card and it'll hopefully be shipped out today. 

They charged my card months ago and they haven't even been past the first part of grading. Best of luck for your situation.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:33 AM, joe_signs said:

Bro, I would call accounting and see if they have you on hold for some payment issue. I called back in June and prepaid so that I wouldn't have any hold ups or card issues. But a lot of people have been having billing issues and CGC wont reach out to you about it. You have to call them to make sure. 

I called them 2 months ago, when both my bulk and economy orders had been in G/E/I for a month.  They didn't mention any billing issues then, and I've since gotten bulk back.  Anyway, I'm fairly certain I paid back in February when I submitted the order.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:38 AM, drewwebs said:

I called them 2 months ago, when both my bulk and economy orders had been in G/E/I for a month.  They didn't mention any billing issues then, and I've since gotten bulk back.  Anyway, I'm fairly certain I paid back in February when I submitted the order.

Call them bro and raise hell, that is ridiculous to be passed up by 3 months.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, Kusig said:

Prefer not to advertise for other companies here but they are out there and their cards are selling for more than CGC slabs currently with better color matching.

They charged my card months ago and they haven't even been past the first part of grading. Best of luck for your situation.

Sports cards are doing better with HGA than Pokemon, that I've seen, and their volume of Pokemon is relatively small. I'm not going to argue about 'reputation', but there's plenty of pros and cons to read about their methodology online. I wish you luck if you move your submissions that way; seems a little risky for my tastes.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:43 PM, Ron Churches said:

Sports cards are doing better with HGA than Pokemon, that I've seen, and their volume of Pokemon is relatively small. I'm not going to argue about 'reputation', but there's plenty of pros and cons to read about their methodology online. I wish you luck if you move your submissions that way; seems a little risky for my tastes.

They recently added Pokemon which is why the numbers are low relatively. When looking at comparable sales, their slabs are out performing CGC. Gold Snorlax for example. Unfortunately, my cards are stuck at CGC otherwise I would have made the jump.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, joe_signs said:

Didn't know you could prepaid.

On 9/7/2021 at 1:16 PM, iTorqueYou said:

Have you tried to call them during their business hours? I had to call once and they were very prompt and professional over the phone. Who knows how the support emails are actually directed specially since they were just bought out. 

Well I just got off the phone with them again.. all they will say is that it’s in the sealing phase and will move on. According to them it has been in sealed sense Sept 10… but my order 2 months later is already past that in bulk.. economy got the shaft hard and they won’t say what’s going on. Also notice how all the staff is silent on the boards? We are in the twilight zone here. 

On 9/12/2021 at 1:55 AM, smigit2002 said:

8 Economy cards

Delivered 3/17/21

Received 4/30/21

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 8/6/21

Grading/Quality Control 9/10/21

So close I can taste it...

Wow mine is 2/11 and still hasn’t made it that far with my economy… I’m about to losing my dang mind. 

On 9/13/2021 at 11:51 AM, Deha88 said:

Well I just got off the phone with them again.. all they will say is that it’s in the sealing phase and will move on. According to them it has been in sealed sense Sept 10… but my order 2 months later is already past that in bulk.. economy got the shaft hard and they won’t say what’s going on. Also notice how all the staff is silent on the boards? We are in the twilight zone here. 

The staff is quiet because in their position it's wiser to remain silent on the ongoing issue. As long as they have their heads in the sand the issue does not exist.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, Kusig said:

Dang sorry to hear that, I'm hoping they ship the cards out soon. It's not like it's many cards on my end only 3. I was hoping they'd ship last week but still nothing so we'll see.

On 9/13/2021 at 8:52 AM, Deha88 said:

Wow mine is 2/11 and still hasn’t made it that far with my economy… I’m about to losing my dang mind. 

My economy 2/12 is still in encapsulation (I got my 2/12 bulk back a month ago now..).  I called customer service today, and they said they'll reach out and try to get it pushed along.  Apologized and all that.  It was a much more helpful experience than what I've gotten in the past, so I'd suggest calling if you can.  Hoping to finally see them shipped this week.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:26 PM, Ron Churches said:

There does seem to be something going on with mid-february submissions, no? Seems those are the ones getting a delay and March/April is passing them.

This is why I have a theory that CGC is still using two different locations for Grading cards. They still have their old building full of cards from those older months and everything in like Aprilish and onward are at their new location with better equipment, more room, employees etc... just my theory

On 9/10/2021 at 11:44 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Economy submission - 6 cards

Delivered 4/2

Grading/encapsulation 8/10

Went into QC/Finalized today

Screenshot_20210910-113800_Chrome.jpg

This moved to Grading/Quality Control? today

Update 9/14/21

I called and checked on this submission thankfully and there was a hold on this for whatever reason. They took payment right then and there. I also went ahead and pre paid for my Bulk submission to avoid any hiccups again. He said this should ship out within 2 - 3 days.

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1
Accounting Issue

And another Update. My order I've been Posting about is still in Grading/QC. BUT I have a new Bulk order that has gone into grading

New Submission:

Bulk w/o Subs:

• Received: 4/5/21
  • Grading/Encap: 9/13/21

Old Submission:

On 9/7/2021 at 2:53 PM, kreativemente said:

So now its in the usual Grading/QC phase. Really confused by all these new labels.

Received: 4/5/21
Grading/Encap: (Forgot, It was about 2-3 weeks ago)
QC/Finalized: 9/3/21

Grading/QC: 9/7/21