• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Error on label. Who do I contact?

16 posts in this topic

I sent in 10 copies of Albedo 3 and they all came back with Lord Nori Yuki instead of Lord Noriyuki.  This is the first time I've ever sent multiple books into CGC and they messed up the label. Very disappointing! I contacted them via email and never got a reply. What are my options?

noriyuki.thumb.jpg.7bf543dc27eb90349d274c08af3a9f59.jpg

Just now, Track17 said:

I sent in 10 copies of Albedo 3 and they all came back with Lord Nori Yuki instead of Lord Noriyuki.  This is the first time I've ever sent multiple books into CGC and they messed up the label. Very disappointing! I contacted them via email and never got a reply. What are my options?

noriyuki.thumb.jpg.7bf543dc27eb90349d274c08af3a9f59.jpg

contact the via phone

They also may have some social media contacts you can consider.

If all else fails, there is an "Ask CGC" section here on the boards.  Look for the subforum.  But phone/email are best.  Check the company website

21 minutes ago, Track17 said:

I don't like using the phone because there's no paper trail.

I normally ask for an email confirmation of the conversation in such instances.  Whether it's an insurance call, cable provider, etc.  They usually oblige, if not, call them back and ask again to put it in writing.

If the label does not match the interior spelling within the comic, it would be my guess that CGC would redo these at their expense (and your time - which is going to be your expense).  Perhaps you might start by finding an example image from the interior of the book and emailing to CGC?

57 minutes ago, 1 2 3 4 Thumb War! said:

lol we're talking about an alternate spelling of a comic book character's name. To think you need a paper trail is label donkey bordering on the  ridiculous ^^

I'm just trying to be helpful.  I'll be honest, besides grade, paper color, and correct creator signing/sketch descriptions, I barely pay attention to any of the text on my label.  The labels on my collection could all be wrong and I'd be oblivious right now.  I care more about the book arriving safely and not having any shaken slab syndrome or newton rings.

3 hours ago, 1 2 3 4 Thumb War! said:

I hope CGC tells him to eff off (thumbsu

I paid $400+ to have these books graded.  I'd hope they wouldn't tell me to "eff off."

And what is a label donkey? Someone who complains about a label error? hm

Would you want your book to say 1st appearance of Captain Ame Rica?

1 hour ago, 1 2 3 4 Thumb War! said:

How much would I care? Zero. How much would it affect the final price? Zero.

You're a better man than I am.

Thanks for all the responses.  Even those intended to ridicule me. (thumbsu

Here's the problem. Noriyuki is a male name in Japanese. Nori is a female name in Japanese. Yuki can be either male or female in Japanese. This spelling implies Lord Noriyuki is a female. So not unlike saying Ms Captain Amer Ica. I would push for relabelling.

Also the character is spelled Noriyuki.

Edited by PovertyRow

35 minutes ago, PovertyRow said:

the character is spelled Noriyuki.

This is the point right here: the character is spelled Noriyuki.

Does "Nori Yuki" on the label affect the value? Probably not. Should CGC be held to a standard to properly present character names on their labels when identifying them? ABSOLUTELY.