• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Will Win . . . 70 Raffle tickets, you won't believe number 67
1 1

381 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kav said:

the sum is the same but the FIRST ROLL is overwhelmingly odd.

There are three sides with an odd number of pips, there are three sides with an even number of pips.  Unless you are saying something about the minor difference of weight due to the carve out of the pips there is an even chance of an odd number or an even number.

And even if you are saying something about the minor difference in weight I would assume that the lighter sides (those with more pips carved out) would tend towards up. 

1 minute ago, apollobuzz said:

Add up the number of pips on the top of the dice as well as the number of pips on the bottom of the dice, and it's always even (in fact, it's always 14)!

yep

I always thought 7 was the most common number, that's why my reference to craps.

I didn't say what time I would start tomorrow. I don't know myself. But, I'll leave more time between the rounds so people can check in and get their raffle tickets. All you really need is one to have a chance at the Amazing Fantasy 15. 

5 minutes ago, innocuous said:

I always thought 7 was the most common number, that's why my reference to craps.

I didn't say what time I would start tomorrow. I don't know myself. But, I'll leave more time between the rounds so people can check in and get their raffle tickets. All you really need is one to have a chance at the Amazing Fantasy 15. 

7 is the most common roll.  This is why the odds of an odd number are greater than an even #.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 9.15.50 PM.png

1 minute ago, kav said:

add up the percentages.

That's because of rounding Kav.  Here's two easy ways to think of it. 

There are 36 possible combinations.  18 are even 18 are odd.  50/50.

Or go by each die.  First die is 50% odd 50% even,

Second die will be the same odd or even 50% of the time.