• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Will Win . . . 70 Raffle tickets, you won't believe number 67
1 1

381 posts in this topic

Welcome to Who Will Win

Join in any round, no need to start from beginning

As you may have noticed, I’ve posted more in the past week than I have in the past 10 years. That’s because I’m laid up at home restricted from work and activity. But, I get to go back to work this coming Monday. (That means going downstairs to my work computer.) Maybe not to be seen on the board again for a few more years.

So, to celebrate, I’m holding a weekend contest. Starting now!

Rules :rulez:

1. I pick two characters
  2. You pick who you thinks will win...but you must provide a reason, try to be entertaining
  3. There will be multiple rounds, some rounds can run at the same time
  4. You can vote only once per round
  5. I will close a round and use the dice roller at random.org to pick the winner
  6. Don't ask how many rounds, I don't know, I'm drugged up
  7. If you picked a winner, you get a raffle ticket
  8. At then end, I'll tally up all your raffle tickets and assign each ticket a number
  9. Then, I'll use random.org to pick a number from all the raffle tickets
  10. The number selected is the winning raffle ticket

^^

Winner gets Amazing Fantasy #15 and the rest from this group. TEC is really nice at 8.5/9.0 and the rest is good reading. I’ll ship free in the US or Canada. Anywhere else, if you win, you can donate your prize to someone else or help pay the shipping.

Don't expect anymore instructions, just have fun. 

Results posted here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/196o4-B36XFOlIyg16529HBLpO1vk-Us8SSwxL-qduw8/edit?usp=sharing

contest-pic1.thumb.jpg.048df94c6a376367b0b562ed3d23bc7c.jpg

contest-pic2.thumb.jpg.a99e296f991ae8bcd9645aeebe98a68f.jpg

Edited by innocuous

1 minute ago, innocuous said:

Round 1

Even number on the dice: Spidey

Odd number on the dice: Ambush Bug

Spidey because it's Spidey

Edited by comicdonna

38 minutes ago, innocuous said:

Round 1

Ambush bug shall win because odd number on dice comes up more often than even number on first rolls.

1 minute ago, innocuous said:

Round 2

Even: Little Lulu

Odd: Deadpool

Round 1 is open for another hour or so. Round 2 will close sometime tonight and maybe even a Round 3.

Deadpool because of the superior physical power.  

2 minutes ago, innocuous said:

Round 2

Round 1 is open for another hour or so. Round 2 will close sometime tonight and maybe even a Round 3.

Little Lulu shall win because cartoony characters like that are more invulnerable than even superman.   Even superman and deadpool get beat to a pulp but little lulu or calvin and hobbs never suffer so much as a scratch.

7 minutes ago, innocuous said:

Round 2

Little Lulu because both characters have an even number of characters in their names.  This is too easy!  :kidaround:

13 minutes ago, innocuous said:

Round 2

It's a little known fact that Little LuLu is short for "Little Lucky-Lucky." She was known as Little Lucky-Lucky because no matter what she did, good luck followed her everywhere after a strange experiment gave her luck powers. She later took up a new name, Domino. In an alternate timeline, the "Dell-verse," LuLu is actually the mutant Copycat in disguise. LuLu wins this round.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

Round 1

Ambush Bug wins, here's why.

Ambush Bug, AKA Irwin Schwab, is the 401K administrator for the Daily Bugle.  Unbeknownst to Peter Parker, Spider-Man's alias, Irwin has taken portions of the contributions from the employees of the Daily Bugle, including Peter and began investing in Tesla in 2019.  As the Tesla stock skyrocketed through 2020, Irwin reported a modest gain in the "fund" that he is handling for the company while he has made himself a millionaire many times over.  Irwin has liquidated all his assets yesterday and announced his retirement this afternoon and is moving to the Cayman Islands where he will set up Ambush Burgers that are open only for lunch from 11:00 to 3:00 while he works on his tan.  The clear winner: Ambush Bug.

Round 2

Deadpool wins, here's why.

Deadpool is riding his clown bicycle (you know the one that's only 4 inches high) runs into Little Lulu on the park trail in Central Park.  Lulu was just going home after visiting Eloise in the Plaza Hotel.  She's just bought an ice cream cone from the Mister Softee truck and it's full of sprinkles.  As she walks past a slow moving Deadpool she drops a couple of sprinkles on the path and as everyone knows, those tiny bikes are susceptible to any object on the road so Deadpool drop to the side like Benny Hill on a trike.  As he picks himself up, Deadpool draws his katanas and faces Lulu and says something about chimichangas and stuff.  Lulu slowly turns to him, with a single raised eyebrow she turns and leaps like Trinity on the matrix with a menacing arcing of the arms.  Deadpool is startled at the roundhouse kick he receives to the face...not once but seven times - who knew someone with rain boots like that was so nimble??!! She spits on the ground and tells him she's taking bigger fish down in her life, probably referring to Tubby.  Deadpool is startled at the sight and runs the other way since he's never seen anything like this in his life!  Lulu is proud of herself and take one swift straightening of her dress and turns to walk away.  However, in her victorious oversight she steps in the small puddle of ice cream she had dropped and slips and is flying in the air backwards only to land on the tiny bicycle that Deadpool left.  Akin to Maggie from Million Dollar Baby, she crushes her neck and snaps her spinal chord - leaving her a wasted heap - paralyzed from the neck down.

31 minutes ago, innocuous said:

Round 2

LL because, at the end of the day, DP is a gentleman ...

1 hour ago, innocuous said:

Round 1

Ambush bug, because spidey sense isn't affected by venomous "bugs"

50 minutes ago, innocuous said:

Round 2

Deadpool because hed be adorably lost to show up for battle and would instead attack a newsr by shrub

23e72e251b8e3a19a628a5dbceee8535.gif