• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're Still Out There!
22 22

2,906 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, atomised said:

outbid on everything, I finally won a book near the end of the auction

cap.jpeg

A Promise Timely with a Schomburg cover ? Now that's what I call a palette cleanser. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Kind of sad to see the once in-demand Cap 3 Red Skull classic cover books was unable to get even a single additional bid in the live auction:  :(

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/captain-america-comics-3-timely-1941-cgc-vg-40-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7244-94027.s

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F8%2F8%2F2%2F23882354%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Looks like this nicely presenting relative to its assigned CGC 4.0 graded Universal copy finished up at only $27,600 or just a bit more than where restored mid-grade copies were selling for only a few short years ago.  :whatthe:

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Kind of sad to see the once in-demand Cap 3 Red Skull classic cover books was unable to get even a single additional bid in the live auction:  :(

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/captain-america-comics-3-timely-1941-cgc-vg-40-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7244-94027.s

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F8%2F8%2F2%2F23882354%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Looks like this nicely presenting relative to its assigned CGC 4.0 graded Universal copy finished up at only $27,600 or just a bit more than where restored mid-grade copies were selling for only a few short years ago.  :whatthe:

It went for $5K more than the blue 5.0 fetched just one year ago!  Greedy, aren't we?  

37 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:
5 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

WOW...prices are amazing

I was way too low on my estimate also!

As posted in the other thread: I tallied it up at $7,020,840 just for the first session. Median price since Jimbo mentioned it was a whopping $25,200. Remember that simply means half of them went for more than the median, half for less.

2 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

As posted in the other thread: I tallied it up at $7,020,840 just for the first session. Median price since Jimbo mentioned it was a whopping $25,200. Remember that simply means half of them went for more than the median, half for less.

Hence the term, “median” 🤨

3 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I remember at Sotheby's when an AF 15 went for 40K and an Action 1 for $ 125K and the entirety of fandom wailed in unison about how the World was coming to an end :bigsmile: GOD BLESS...

Fandom was right.  The activity has entirely changed.  That old world is dead and buried.  

12 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I remember at Sotheby's when an AF 15 went for 40K and an Action 1 for $ 125K and the entirety of fandom wailed in unison about how the World was coming to an end :bigsmile: GOD BLESS...

Well, they were correct.  They just didn't provide a timeline.  :insane:

1 hour ago, Scrooge said:

I think it is clear with one day left on the promise collection that everyone now would pick, like and number of board members did, the promise collection over A1 8.5...what a amazing total, we are  in comic book world record auction totals after 2 days...we could hit 20 million or something like when done ...wow we have sure grownup....auction is still going for today, Silver....$18,521,430 and growing...WOW

Edited by Mmehdy

BEST OF THE REST....Sat Promise  Auction and the real Sleeper of the entire "Promise Auction"

1-Claire Voyant #4  CGC 9.6 curently at 1500 plus BP...what a great book and cover....once in a lifetime under 2k.....

2-Marvel Tales #97 CGC 8.0...here is your shot to own a very rare high condition promise cool horror book..it's still $430...

3-Venus #3  CGC 9.2 an exceptional book and add the Promise Pedigree ...it just at 1000...keep your eyes on that one its at the end of the second auction.

4-Miss Fury 4/5 CGC 7.5/8.0 super classic WWII covers...hopefully affordable...very rare in this condition....still around 1800-2000.

5- True Crime 2 "Blast the Rats"...I remember when Bob Overstreet featured this in one of the "color" sections of the price guide, could of been on the SOTI issue..the book just exploded and everyone wanted  to own one. The Cover and contents are a total classic. What I do not understand at CGC 9.2 and  with the "promise" pedigree  and such a great GA book that it is still under guide..at like 3800 or something including "BP". This is the "sleeper" of the entire "Promise" auction. "Murder, Morphine, and Me....this is the poster child  of the SOTI and it is top copy by a mile..9.2 with one 7.5 way behind.....

Edited by Mmehdy