• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
41 41

7,930 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2024 at 7:29 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Golden age keys seem to be faltering, while niche books with LB Cole and Matt Baker covers are banging the cash register. I’m not sure what to make of this

'Cause those keys keep reappearing to the point of ennui. The niche books show up less frequently, Cinderella Love 25 anyone? and cause more excitement.

On 6/22/2024 at 7:29 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Golden age keys seem to be faltering, while niche books with LB Cole and Matt Baker covers are banging the cash register. I’m not sure what to make of this

which ones dropped?

On 6/22/2024 at 7:55 PM, comicnoir said:

'Cause those keys keep reappearing to the point of ennui. The niche books show up less frequently, Cinderella Love 25 anyone? and cause more excitement.

I find it funny that the market is so fickle that even Golden Age books are seen as too plentiful.  Kind of reminds me of the sports cards market people only wanting 1 of 1 cards.

On 6/23/2024 at 8:33 PM, DC# said:

Here is a little sampler recap from the Heritage Signature auction June 2024.     I probably should have compared to 2023 results vs 2022 but was too far along before I thought about it.    Also apologize that there is limited GA in here - much of it can have so few sales as the recaps are really useless.     Not great results in general....a few bright spots.      Some of the peak prices were just plain silly.   

Screenshot2024-06-23at5_28_44PM.png.32ea475b1798add73486e7bde61a72fd.png

Screenshot2024-06-23at5_28_59PM.png.61b914904f212bd605cb32b34f756627.png

Screenshot2024-06-23at5_29_13PM.png.1fa5d1019f422696d8508fb1a3a30cd0.png

A sea of red. :fear:

On 6/23/2024 at 10:56 PM, WolverineX said:

buying season..

wonder why Albedo 2 is so strong... any recent Usagi news?

Exactly the buying season.I think it will be even better a year from now. Deadpool and Wolverine and Venom movies both coming up yet their keys dropping so something is up. Albedo 2 what I heard is a hard book to get in high grade. CGC 9.8 RARE for Albedo 2. 

On 6/20/2024 at 1:50 PM, the blob said:

My friend is a lefty,

There is a big market for lefty golf clubs. Made some coin selling to doctors and lawyers. About 15 years ago on eBay. That`s when I was a college student struggling. I don`t know how the market is for lefty golf players now, but the doctor said you have a niche here. I was more concerned about graduating from college so I didn`t focus on it. I am still sure selling to lefty golfers is a good niche. (thumbsu

On 6/23/2024 at 3:34 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Tec 27, Bat 1, Cap 1 for sure, probably more. Some sellers got serious haircuts 

Batman 1 4.0 did not drop. It set a record for that grade. All Star Comics 8 also set a record. Golden Age was mix of but definitely records still being set there, as opposed to Silver and Bronze. 

I don't even bother looking at these Heritage auctions results since I've never owned one of these books and I doubt I ever will.  I'm sure there are people here who swim in that very small pool but it might as well be Greek to me since I don't speak that language.

On 6/23/2024 at 11:31 PM, Motor City Rob said:

But close to 50% green vs last sale. Not sure if that's a sign of anything to come, but there have been many months with more red vs last sale in the past year+.

Agreed... I noticed the same trend.

On 6/22/2024 at 2:48 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I'm considering putting this book up for auction.  Thought's on how much it might fetch? There are only 3 9.8's and MTU have been getting record prices on Clink.

mar15.3175_1.jpg

Kang is hotter than a pistol and with those white pages should fetch a pretty penny!  :yeehaw:

On 6/24/2024 at 5:51 AM, 1Cool said:

I don't even bother looking at these Heritage auctions results since I've never owned one of these books and I doubt I ever will.  I'm sure there are people here who swim in that very small pool but it might as well be Greek to me since I don't speak that language.

hm

image.thumb.png.94b01a6f08b092e6643452beefb37c74.png

image.thumb.png.43a1edbbac057307c0fcc719fd2e9b26.png

hm