• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC's price raising and customer service
5 5

189 posts in this topic

The price increase is what it is but having a website that is not stable or functioning properly for a prolonged period of time during normal hours is terrible.  Coupled by a completely tone deaf response from an administrator who lacks basic customer service skills is just the icing on the cake.    I’ve been a customer for a while but completely put off by my own recent experience trying to submit (unhandled errors thrown on the site) and the blase attitude of CGC staff on the boards.

Look forward to the CGC white knights responses.

2 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

The price increase is what it is but having a website that is not stable or functioning properly for a prolonged period of time during normal hours is terrible.  Coupled by a completely tone deaf response from an administrator who lacks basic customer service skills is just the icing on the cake.    I’ve been a customer for a while but completely put off by my own recent experience trying to submit (unhandled errors thrown on the site) and the blase attitude of CGC staff on the boards.

Look forward to the CGC white knights responses.

:eyeroll:

1 hour ago, getinmybelly! said:

Is it coincidence that the site is working fine once the new prices are effective?

No, it's not a coincidence. It is obviously because the site is no longer overburdened by 100,000 people desperately trying to save a few bucks.

I sort of anticipated there would be a "bottleneck" on the server processing the flood of submissions so I started mine on Saturday but waited until Sunday to finish it up (That was almost a big mistake).  
I was actually thinking about forgetting all about it and just deal with the new rates and lower or no discount anymore.  
I scrambled and pulled some books and got it finally done early Sunday evening.  I did experience some glitches on Sunday.  I was fine on Saturday for the most part. 
Sometimes getting the books entered took a little longer for the drop downs to show and a couple of times, the book never got added to the Cart. :pullhair:
I do anticipate TAT to increase quite a bit.  

Edited by musicmeta