• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC's price raising and customer service
5 5

189 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Yeah I don't know exactly where he is on orders, but I don't worry about his status on the website.

The order thunsicker posted is 13005, One of mine got to him on 3-30 and is order number 14550 so he was getting a lot of orders it seems before this happened, 

14558!

lol 

So... one of my local friends who submits books refuses to pay $150 and effectively get nothing out of it and the $25 membership fee for the quote unquote privilege to spend more money with them.  They flat out asked me if they could submit books under my account or if we split it and just send books under one account.

hm 

"One account to rule them all..."

Just to be clear

Not per say devils advocate 

Lowest membership your out $25

Premium membership gets your money back at $150 credit

And with auto renew gives you $20 for free for a paid auto renew premium membership at $130 cost and $150. Credit

So it could save you a total of $45, pay you to submit, if you're going to anyway etc

Too bad about no percentage off but it's not highway robbery 

:tink:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Not how many of us see it.  Paying $25 to get essentially nothing for it is like paying $25 to Macy's for the 'privilege' to walk through the door. 

As far as $150? That $20 credit does not compensate for the loss of the 10%.

If they wanted to end the discount for memberships fine... but I have never been behind the pay to play concept where I have to give them money to join something in order to have the opportunity to spend even more money. 

Give me something meaningful for this.  I am not seeing anything meaningful here.  Figure out a way to decrease turn around times with all of this revenue being generated.  When people do not see the value in a product they walk away or find alternatives.   Maybe it IS time to go back to buying and selling raw.   I don't know.

What I do know is this... Say that you decide to submit 10 Silver Age books to CGC and have the books pressed by CCS... Send the books down tomorrow. 

• Gets there on May 3rd.
  • It takes 2-3 weeks (Supposedly) for them to actually be marked as received.  Let's go with the average. We are now at May 26.
  • I submit my books to be pressed by someone else but say you go with CCS. Add 113 business days. We are now at October 18 including the 4th of July and Memorial Day and Labor Day as three days off. 
  • Now CCS sends them across the hallway to CGC.  That will now take 79 business days according to their turn around times.  We are now at February 11th of 2022 accounting for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day and Martin Luther King Jr Day. 
  • Now let's add them to be encapsulated and send them off to quality control.  Add another week. (I am being generous here.). Now we are at February 18th
  • Shipping sends them off and hopefully you get them by February 20th. 

So according to CGC's website, if you send books off to CGC TOMORROW they are on pace to get them back to you at the end of February of 2022. 

Turnaround times taken from CGC's website: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

Exactly what am I getting here for the price increase? 

This is way too long to want to read when the starting premise is not functional 

You either pay $25 to again pay to play as you put it

Or you do it for free, or you get an extra $20 in credit to play

I'm surprised the entitlement card has not been played.

Again I'm in no way playing devil's advocate but seriously your either going to pay cgc to grade your books or not

I agree none of this is compared to losing the 10% I never said that it di of course or the fact of dealers losing or the fact of a lot of other things

I'm just clearing your statement

Your words "paying for essentially nothing" I'm just clarifying what you call nothing 

1 minute ago, wombat said:

I wonder if they are going to go by the date they actually received the books or the date they actually mark them as received? Because the second one might be a problem. 

Bingo. Make sure you keep those USPS tracking numbers to show them it was delivered before the cutoff. 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is way too long to want to read when the starting premise is not functional 

You either pay $25 to again pay to play as you put it

Or you do it for free, or you get an extra $20 in credit to play

I'm surprised the entitlement card has not been played.

Again I'm in no way playing devil's advocate but seriously your either going to pay cgc to grade your books or not

I agree none of this is compared to losing the 10% I never said that it di of course or the fact of dealers losing or the fact of a lot of other things

I'm just clearing your statement

Your words "paying for essentially nothing" I'm just clarifying what you call nothing 

Read the turnaround times then.   Send 10 silver age books in tomorrow and you get them back in February. 

I am getting essentially nothing here for a price increase.  

Entitlement would be if I called them up and demanded that they speed my books up and honor their tiers. 

Accepting it as a colossal failure for the money I am paying means I no longer spend that money or I take my money somewhere else.   There is no pouting, there is no temper tantrum, there is a shrug and a feeling of, time to spend the money elsewhere. 

So, no I do not see value here. 

@Buzzetta what are the odds this thread makes it to Friday?

If it does make it to Friday how long does last? does it make it to Saturday.

Put me down for $50 on whatever you think is best. I need to offset these new prices

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

For now... it's that simple.

Guess I will submit some things now and then take a year off after that. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 7.40.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 7.42.05 PM.png

Thanks for the tutorial, just shut off auto-renew on my lowly Associates Membership. 

I just sent the only 4 books I had that really couldn’t benefit from pressing and some reholders I’d been saving up. 

I don’t use CCS, so everything gets submitted through my presser. Unless he discontinues his membership or I pick up a bunch of cracked slabs on the real cheap, I can’t justify continuing to pay the $25 for “membership”

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

@Buzzetta what are the odds this thread makes it to Friday?

If it does make it to Friday how long does last? does it make it to Saturday.

Put me down for $50 on whatever you think is best. I need to offset these new prices

Do you know that someone actually took you seriously that we were gambling on things that go on over here on the boards? 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Read the turnaround times then.   Send 10 silver age books in tomorrow and you get them back in February. 

I am getting essentially nothing here for a price increase.  

Entitlement would be if I called them up and demanded that they speed my books up and honor their tiers. 

Accepting it as a colossal failure for the money I am paying means I no longer spend that money or I take my money somewhere else.   There is no pouting, there is no temper tantrum, there is a shrug and a feeling of, time to spend the money elsewhere. 

So, no I do not see value here. 

Your feelings are perfectly valid, and I agree it sucks, just wanted to Express that the "essentially nothing can indeed be seen as something.

If only to say how good we used to have it  :tink:

I wasnt mentioning all the other stuff, but your right in that the underlying sentiment sucks

I just wanted to clarify, is your going to pay regardless, the "essentially nothing"part of previous posts isnt all that fair of a shake is all. Your getting something but it's not newr as generous which is true, but they could have done away with it as well and still got paid lol

So all valid 

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

We have so much business we need to hire a bunch of more people and we are going to charge you more for that and it will take longer to get your books back. I'm trying to figure out the logic here. At least just don't BS everyone. 

Exactly.

@ADAMANTIUM this is the short version of what I said. 

Just not seeing it past the expiration of my membership. 

21 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Exactly.

@ADAMANTIUM this is the short version of what I said. 

Just not seeing it past the expiration of my membership. 

I get it and don't fault you for it

Just no reason to throw out the kitchen sink with the bath water fir me :martini:

In the end it affected some more than others