• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did Peter Parker become Spider-man only because he could not afford to go to the hospital to get treated.
1 1

59 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

What If 7 had a story like this, where some of the supporting cast got the powers, but with negative outcomes, apart from Parker continuing as the only Spider-Man in the end.

Speaking of What If? 7 - I recently perused that issue and the one thing that I thought was how creepy Peter Parker was.  He would appear out of the blue for each of the alternate protagonist to see how they suffered their way through having different abilities.  So, in conclusion, Peter Parker has serious psychological issues that were there prior to being bitten.  What a creep.

8 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

Speaking of What If? 7 - I recently perused that issue and the one thing that I thought was how creepy Peter Parker was.  He would appear out of the blue for each of the alternate protagonist to see how they suffered their way through having different abilities.  So, in conclusion, Peter Parker has serious psychological issues that were there prior to being bitten.  What a creep.

20210104_223039.jpg.60c21c0b3a3244f5dc4eb67316a4a3a6.jpg

33 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

I don’t want to get too excited or read into this too much, but... does this mean I’m ‘on the map?’

If it does...

Reveal hidden contents

:applause:(worship):banana::headbang::golfclap:(thumbsu:cloud9::tink:

Maybe, but to really be on the map just wait till he either actually replies with something other than , " That's what she said" or if he insults you. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Greggy is a dork

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Maybe, but to really be on the map just wait till he either actually replies with something other than , " That's what she said" or if he insults you. 

27DF7498-6234-453E-AE4A-6D3356A89008.jpeg.ebcf5dd750c8f2ce369937f0972158ad.jpeg

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

To be fair Greggy's map is all over the map.

I got bit on the hand by a spider.  It wasn't a radio-active spider, but I'm pretty sure it was an active-radio spider because I had an urge to be the 9th caller, complain about the lack of defense in last Saturday's game, and listen to 10 straight minutes of hurt-in-an-accident lawyer commercials.

Edited by valiantman

On 4/30/2021 at 6:47 PM, Ares said:

If he had gone to hospital could he have been treated and stayed a regular person?

Probably would have done some experimental treatment and he would have ended up looking like this. 20210104_223109.jpg.b103966f5d4d229d974d046ab4fa373a.jpg

On 5/1/2021 at 4:08 PM, JazzMan said:

Just pulled out the What If? Classic trade paperback to have a read.

He does seem to be a bit of a hanger on, and quite intrusive, with the close sharing of their suffering being a plot device to give him the angsty, loss-driven motivation to become Spider-Man himself at the end, after scenes from AF 15 to ASM 2 have played out in different and tragic ways.

Edited by Ken Aldred

19 hours ago, kav said:

To be fair Greggy's map is all over the map.

That's what she said. 

On 4/30/2021 at 7:47 PM, Ares said:

If he had gone to hospital could he have been treated and stayed a regular person?

Hospital visit in 1963 would have been $2. 

11 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i got bit by some fire ants last time i was in Florida ... i wonder if i can "flame on"

If not, you’ll just have to settle for super-strength and spraying corrosive acid.  You can’t expect everything.