• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nit Picky - Ebay listings Pet Peeve

100 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SeniorSurfer said:

All these are valid and annoying to a degree but the one that gets me most is the guy who doesn't post a major defect in the title, like "restored" or "missing coupon" or "CT."  To be sure, most won't do that because it would cut down on traffic, but... :frustrated:  

There's one guy in particular (he's been talked about here before) where not only the title indicates nothing, but the description tends to minimize major defects (trimming on three sides, slight trimming, slight CT) and hiding them in the body of text while continuing to emphasize what a beautiful NM book it is. 

This one drives me crazy.  No indication of restoration in the title and a small declaration at the bottom of the auction text.  And the seller would be quick to point out the information was in the auction if you complained.   An honest seller would want to make sure you were aware of anything negative about his product and a dishonest seller would do his best to hide anything negative.

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Especially galling when the book has been either obviously restored, or bears the unmistakably distinct and unique signs of having once been stabbed.. 

ftfy

4 hours ago, Bludriver said:

Yes sellers using the word "rare" irritates me as well. It is a cesspool, but there are some good sellers around.

For sure. I just do my searches to avoid seeing the ones that waste my time. They are funny though. Like the word hot or fire emoji is going to make me buy their book more. Or searching cgc I see like cgc, oh wait, what is this? I never heard of cbcs before. And it's just like cgc? Well heck I will just go with it then. Lol

Edited by I_Am_Not_A_Cat
Spell

Buyers who make a counter offer that is lower than their original offer. I thought it was a one off, but it’s has happened multiple times recently. 

That’s not a listing issue, but just happened again and had nowhere else to bang my head. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

5 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Buyers who make a counter offer that is lower than their original offer. I thought it was a one off, but it’s has happened multiple times recently. 

That’s not a listing issue, but just happened again and had nowhere else to bang my head. 

ask @Buzzetta how to deal with this.

34 minutes ago, kav said:

ask @Buzzetta how to deal with this.

Simple, I raise the price and then message them when it sells to someone else that although a price could not be met on this item, there are plenty of other things available for them to consider. lol 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Simple, I raise the price and then message them when it sells to someone else that although a price could not be met on this item, there are plenty of other things available for them to consider. lol 

(worship)

1 minute ago, kav said:

He does this even when their gambit is "I'm a struggling single mom barely making it but I need this jewelry to survive" folks.

I always have bad things that go through my head.  I just sold a comic book to Germany using the eBay GSP.  The first thought that entered my head was, "I wonder if there is a German comic book forum like the CGC Boards where people complain about eBay purchases and then how funny would it be to send this guy an American Newspaper?"*

I like my reputation in tact so I immediately decided against it but the thought was there...

*Long time board members will know what I am talking about. 

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

:whatthe:     :eek:     :wishluck:  

I happen to prefer DeNiro's odds of a favorable outcome. 

deniro.gif

eBay's Global shipping program has the seller's back more than eBay does for regular purchases.   I have no worry using it.   If they ever took it away I would cease international sales all together when using that platform.  

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

eBay's Global shipping program has the seller's back more than eBay does for regular purchases.   I have no worry using it.   If they ever took it away I would cease international sales all together when using that platform.  

Is there a difference in shipping costs between GSP and USPS International First Class? I still use USPS, mostly because of the uproar when GSP first started, but I’ve been considering making the switch. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

It's getting it into the addressee's hands that I keep hearing as being the major impediment in shipping to Germany. They seem to have their own atypical system of delivery agents and depots that seem more like milling around an airport's rotunda/conveyor belt waiting for your luggage to appear, if it does, and also being able to pick up whatever the heck you please, nobody really checking who's walking away with what. . . 

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

It's getting it into the addressee's hands that I keep hearing as being the major impediment in shipping to Germany. They seem to have their own atypical system of delivery agents and depots that seem more like milling around an airport's rotunda/conveyor belt waiting for your luggage to appear, if it does, and also being able to pick up whatever the heck you please, nobody really checking who's walking away with what. . . 

That's on the shoulders of eBay's Global Shipping Program.   That's the beauty of it.  There is really no difference to that than the porch pirates picking things up that don't belong to them here on Long Island. 

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Is there a difference in shipping costs between GSP and USPS International First Class? I still use USPS, mostly because of the uproar when GSP first started, but I’ve been considering making the switch. 

Shipping is on the buyer and that is between the GSP and the buyer.   From what I hear it is costly.  I only see the shipping rate and receive funds for shipping to Kentucky from NY.   Buyer's complain because they pay more if the seller opts into the GSP.  What they need to understand is that due to package theft and other variables, there are many sellers that will not sell without the protection that the GSP offers sellers.