• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May 2021 Comicartlive
1 1

28 posts in this topic

I think this 3rd ComicartLive has less buzz than the previous ones!

The online art convention aka comic art live - https://www.comicartlive.com goes live at 11 AM EST for CAF premium members and 1PM for the general public.

None of the booths are live, but you can see the booth title pages and its of booths here - https://www.comicartfans.com/comicartlive2020-boothpreview.asp

Have fun everyone

Malvin

4 hours ago, malvin said:

The online art convention aka comic art live - https://www.comicartlive.com goes live at 11 AM EST for CAF premium members and 1PM for the general public.

None of the booths are live, but you can see the booth title pages and its of booths here - https://www.comicartfans.com/comicartlive2020-boothpreview.asp

Have fun everyone

Malvin

Less buzz means less competition!

Are you also doing a Sunday drop?

19 minutes ago, John E. said:

Less buzz means less competition!

Are you also doing a Sunday drop?

Yes, I do. Not as many pieces, and some are just "doubles" (same artist and title so I thought I would release the 2nd one the second day rather than both in the first).

I definitely do not have 24 pieces each day, way under.

Malvin

2 hours ago, malvin said:

Have fun everyone

Malvin

I'm looking forward to it, but I do think the weekly Dueling Dealers plus the amateur Dueling Dealers plus Neal Adams' claim sales plus Clan McDonald events, The Experience sales, etc. have diluted the market a bit for online events.  There's just so much to keep up with given limited time and funds.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here are a few changes I'd love to see in the future:
1) Ability to list art with a starting price and allow people to place bids up to the end of the con.  Prices are moving so rapidly these days that it's often really challenging to come up with fair pricing.  That's probably the biggest reason why I decided to sit this one out as a seller. 
2) More flexibility on Adding/Removing/Updating pieces during the con.  At a physical convention you can decide to bring certain pieces on Day 2 based on Day 1 sales or add/remove items from your table depending on how things are going.  I think a lot of people may have a target $ amount of sales in mind and would like to be able to remove other items once the target is met.  (I haven't checked the current setup in detail, so apologies if you can now do some of this.)

Regards,
Ted

2 hours ago, Ted_L said:

I'm looking forward to it, but I do think the weekly Dueling Dealers plus the amateur Dueling Dealers plus Neal Adams' claim sales plus Clan McDonald events, The Experience sales, etc. have diluted the market a bit for online events.  There's just so much to keep up with given limited time and funds.

My thoughts exactly. There is an oversaturation of online events right now. It's impossible to keep up. Not to mention that there seems to be a major auction ending once a month even. Or HA weekly that has seen some pretty good material as of lot. It's no surprise then that CAL can get drowned in all the noise

I, for one, am looking forward to it. I think it encourages some collectors to bring out some nice art we wouldn't normally see. I'm hating on eBay more and more and CAL is a place I can trust to sell art without paying fees. I would rather sell on CAL before Facebook or any other forum.

I'm also set up for Comic Art Live. I have published interiors, a published cover, sketches and commissions. I have them at prices that won't break the bank. I've also reduced the prices on any of my unsold inventory from last November.

3 hours ago, Ted_L said:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here are a few changes I'd love to see in the future:
1) Ability to list art with a starting price and allow people to place bids up to the end of the con.  Prices are moving so rapidly these days that it's often really challenging to come up with fair pricing.  That's probably the biggest reason why I decided to sit this one out as a seller. 
2) More flexibility on Adding/Removing/Updating pieces during the con.  At a physical convention you can decide to bring certain pieces on Day 2 based on Day 1 sales or add/remove items from your table depending on how things are going.  I think a lot of people may have a target $ amount of sales in mind and would like to be able to remove other items once the target is met.  (I haven't checked the current setup in detail, so apologies if you can now do some of this.)

Regards,
Ted

Heh, I think emailing Bill is a better place if you want Bill to know about your feedback, or his survey if he does another one.  (:

I hear what you are saying on #2.  I also see Bill's point of view (he doesn't want people willy nilly changing things, and at a real con, you only have what you brought with you).  In your case, if you don't want to sell due to good Saturday sales, I suppose you can just re-price all your Sunday stuff at 10x FMV (:

Malvin

I just added a few more pieces to my booth. My prices range from $20-$1600. Here's a preview

• a Madman cover
  • 2 Dark Horse Predator pages
  • A DC Comics Lobo page
  • Early Luke Cage page
  • 2 sketches by Seth
  • A color guide featuring inking by Art Adams

I hope everyone is having fun at Comic Art Live

So far I bought more than I sold :bigsmile:

I have reduced prices on a few things, so here is a full list of my items for sale!

Malvin's Comic Art Live Booth

1. Ross Andru Spierman 157 page - Price Reduced!

2. Joe Chiodo Daredevil painted page

3. Ethan Van Sciver Batman cover - Price Reduced!

4. Vintage Dinosaurs for Hire page

5. Darick Robertson/Garth Ennis Fury (1st series) page - Price Reduced!

6. Marshall Rogers Silver Surfer page with Mantis and the Elders!

7. Steve Dillon Punisher page - Price Reduced

8. Mike Zeck published full figure Captain America - Price Reduced

9. Mike Zeck Batman Torso pinup - Price Reduced!

10. Bruce Timm Poison Ivy - Price Reduced!

11. Christian Gossett Maya from Red Star Sketch - Price Reduced!

12. Steve Leiver Carrier Stetko/Whiteout sketch

13. Steve Sadowski Hawkman sketch

14. Dilbert Animation page lot of 3

I have few more things to drop on Sunday, including an Ed McGuiness pinup, vintage Truog Animal Man page from the Grant Morrison run and an Art Adams sketch!

Thanks for looking

Malvin

I didn’t see much art with silver surfer ...Malvin , your page didn’t have surfer in it :( 

Hoping tomorrow’s  page will?

i did manage a cool ff Kirby page with surfer !

Edited by G.A.tor

3 hours ago, malvin said:

7. Steve Dillon Punisher page - Price Reduced

I have few more things to drop on Sunday, including an Ed McGuiness pinup, vintage Truog Animal Man page from the Grant Morrison run and an Art Adams sketch!

Thanks for looking

Malvin

Is another Dillon Punisher page dropping on Sunday? I'm looking for an example with Frank in costume, even if it's just a panel.

4 minutes ago, John E. said:

Is another Dillon Punisher page dropping on Sunday? I'm looking for an example with Frank in costume, even if it's just a panel.

There is another dropping on Sunday.  But he is not in costume unfortunately.  Its a page with Joan, Mr. Bumpo and Spacker Dave though.

Malvin

36 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I didn’t see much art with silver surfer ...Malvin , your page didn’t have surfer in it :( 

Hoping tomorrow’s  page will?

i did manage a cool ff Kirby page with surfer !

Congrats on the Kirby Surfer!

Sorry, the main character on the Sunday page will be Nova (will have other cosmic beings like the Elders and Galactus but no Surfer).  I was just listing the title and artists for the drop.

Malvin

12 minutes ago, malvin said:

Congrats on the Kirby Surfer!

Sorry, the main character on the Sunday page will be Nova (will have other cosmic beings like the Elders and Galactus but no Surfer).  I was just listing the title and artists for the drop.

Malvin

Ok. Bummer for me