• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Temperature check - How much do you plan on submitting to CGC in the next 3-6 months?
5 5

With the change in price and the increased turn around times, how much do you plan to submit to CGC in the near future (next 3-6 months)?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. With the change in price and the increased turn around times, how much do you plan to submit to CGC in the near future (next 3-6 months)?

• More than ever - MAKE MINE CGC!
    • a little more than I have in the past
    • about the same as I've done before
    • a little less than before
    • Zero, Zilch, None, Nada - CGC is dead to me!
    • I Love Greggy! I Love Crack!

167 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

If there is on-site at Baltimore, I will be submitting about 500 books. If there is not, then I will be submitting probably 50 books this year.

I too have been watching for a local on-site, but didnt know if on-site jumps the line or not. I think not, so I put on my big boy pants and sent them in the old fashioned way. So here I sit now, sweating it out, waiting for them to enter it into their system

D962F29B-EBBD-4530-BA7C-BE5396043B40.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I too have been watching for a local on-site, but didnt know if on-site jumps the line or not. I think not, so I put on my big boy pants and sent them in the old fashioned way. So here I sit now, sweating it out, waiting for them to enter it into their system

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but of course if they have on site grading it would jump the line. 

8 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

ABA6C8EB-B0B7-4F46-98F6-E95F4E239C5A.png

I'm not there yet.  My submission hasn't been opened as of today.  I am now at almost 7 weeks since my presser received the books, almost 3 weeks since CGC received them. (shrug)

Edited by Galen130

1 hour ago, wombat said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but of course if they have on site grading it would jump the line. 

On site grading? Didn’t know there was such a critter.

I only know about on site submissions at cons. I’ve done that before. This simply provides an alternative to usps, fed ex or whatever. I would be surprised if on site submissions would get graded, reholdered, etc. in advance of the books that had been previously mailed in directly to cgc

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 minute ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

On site grading? Didn’t know there was such a critter. I only know about on site submissions 

they seemed to have it regularly at big cons, I always prayed Dallas would be deemed worthy, but with the competition based here, I'm just not so sure if it'll ever happen

seemingly only like one con has cgc attending or something like that to my knowledge, and my bigger con comes in September, it's always the waiting game lol 

29 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

On site grading? Didn’t know there was such a critter.

I only know about on site submissions at cons. I’ve done that before. This simply provides an alternative to usps, fed ex or whatever. I would be surprised if on site submissions would get graded, reholdered, etc. in advance of the books that had been previously mailed in directly to cgc

When they have on site grading it is exactly that. You drop it off during the con and they grade it before the con is over and you can pick it up. 

31 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

they seemed to have it regularly at big cons, I always prayed Dallas would be deemed worthy, but with the competition based here, I'm just not so sure if it'll ever happen

seemingly only like one con has cgc attending or something like that to my knowledge, and my bigger con comes in September, it's always the waiting game lol 

I am in dallas too, so I guess that may partially explain my ignorance to on-site grading. Mind blown. 

On 5/23/2021 at 6:45 AM, namisgr said:

I just re-upped my membership to get the submission discount.  I have about 8-10 mags deserving of slabs before being sold.  If it takes the better part of a year to get them graded, so be it.  One submission a year is about the rate I've been running for awhile now, but I expect this mag submission to be my last or next to last one.

Will you get them pressed? :baiting: 

16 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

If there is on-site at Baltimore, I will be submitting about 500 books. If there is not, then I will be submitting probably 50 books this year.

Will this still be the case if 

a) the price for on-site goes up

b) the grading remains inconsistent

c) the issues with QA don’t improve

d) @greggyis in Baltimore 

a) I assume it will be at rack - no shipping and getting my books in three days instead of eight months makes up for the cost
b) I believe - others may differ - that onsite grading is looser and has been for quite some time.
c) QA is tougher on site, in my opinion, because people scream
d) I hope @greggy is in Baltimore. 

Again, this is NOT shaken comic syndrome.  This is someone in the encapsulation room not knowing what they are doing.  This is making the rounds on Facebook today. 

This is why I am not sending anything super valuable to CGC right now. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 1.36.05 PM.png

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Again, this is NOT shaken comic syndrome.  This is someone in the encapsulation room not knowing what they are doing.  This is making the rounds on Facebook today. 

This is why I am not sending anything super valuable to CGC right now. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 1.36.05 PM.png

I've seen 3 books that all came back damaged that a boardie showed me.  Submits 4, 3 come back damaged.  WTH is going on in encapsulation???

2 hours ago, kav said:

I've seen 3 books that all came back damaged that a boardie showed me.  Submits 4, 3 come back damaged.  WTH is going on in encapsulation???

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph...this kind of thing makes me worry about the 20 Moderns I have sitting in their facility.  Still not received....

Dumpster Fire.gif