• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the steps in the process?
3 3

22 posts in this topic

I'm not asking for TAT.  I'm asking what are the steps in the process of CGC grading a book.  I have sent my 1st submission in and so far I have seen the following steps on my submissions:

Received

Scheduled for Grading

Grading/Quality Control

so what are the next steps?

19 minutes ago, Jemin said:

Well with all the wait times I figured there had to be 5 more steps in there somewhere. 🤪

Anyways thanks everyone!

Yes it is a long venture that should be just around the block, looks to be around the corner for you! :tink:

20 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes it is a long venture that should be just around the block, looks to be around the corner for you! :tink:

:wishluck:

Funny thing is of the four tiers in that submission one is an express and that is still in received while the standard is in grading.  To be fair the express was a clean and press also but I assumed that would be done 1st.  eh.. (shrug)

3 minutes ago, Jemin said:

I thought that would be one of the steps in the process.

They used to have other steps but shortened it

Like the one that is being pressed,  when it gets done with pressing,  itll or it should get a new received date; then go on to sfg qc etc

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They used to have other steps but shortened it

Like the one that is being pressed,  when it gets done with pressing,  itll or it should get a new received date; then go on to sfg qc etc

step 1-open package
step 2- pull out book
step 3-look at front cover
step 3-look at back cover
step 4-open book
step 28-examine page 25
Step 43- send book for slabbing
-etc

1 minute ago, kav said:

step 1-open package
step 2- pull out book
step 3-look at front cover
step 3-look at back cover
step 4-open book
step 28-examine page 25
Step 43- send book for slabbing
-etc

Cat Drooling.jpg

13 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Step 4 Shipped

Step 5 Disappointment 

:kidaround:

Def be prepared for step 5 on your first submission...ESPECIALLY if you sent books in thinking "gosh gee whillickers maybe I will get a 9.8 like those Youtubers I see get all the time!"

Nope. Nope nope. Remember, sometimes you only see the wins and the losses are kept a deep dark secret....

7 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Def be prepared for step 5 on your first submission...ESPECIALLY if you sent books in thinking "gosh gee whillickers maybe I will get a 9.8 like those Youtubers I see get all the time!"

Nope. Nope nope. Remember, sometimes you only see the wins and the losses are kept a deep dark secret....

I guess I should have just had a little more patience.  I would have found out on my own what the last steps were today.  I got my 1st batch of books imaged/finalized/shipped today.  I definitely am not disappointed 9.8, 9.4, 9.8.  I'll take those!

As far as youtube I'm not into watching other people opening whatever, I'm a bit older so that must be a younger generation thing.  I kind of knew I had a chance at those grades but you never know until you know I guess.

edit: I'll be disappointed if something happens between Florida and my mailbox!

Edited by Jemin