• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission alert?? 🚨
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten this email before?

- I never asked to have my submission upgraded.

- The cards are definitely not worth more than $100 raw, it's just hidden fates SV. 

Pretty frustrating, I'm not sure what to do at this point. Thank you for any help!

Screenshot_20210520-221221.jpg

Please tell me that is not the actual email and you submitted cards only to CGC. 

I don’t understand how CGC can be so poorly run they are sending people emails stating their comic submission has been upgraded if a submission was for cards only. 

Challenge them and tell them you didn’t submit comics as the email states. 

Edited by Mephisto

7 hours ago, Mephisto said:

Please tell me that is not the actual email and you submitted cards only to CGC. 

I don’t understand how CGC can so poorly run they are sending people emails stating their comic submission has been upgraded if a submission was for cards only. 

Challenge them and tell them you didn’t submit comics as the email states. 

I only submitted cards!

13 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Looks like from the message they moved them from bulk to standard.  Did you send in the required number for bulk submission? 

Yes, i sent 70

Edited by countomar

1 hour ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

What did you send in? Cards obviously over $100 or near $100?

Not just that, it was double bumped, from Bulk to Standard, skipping economy!  They are saying that each card is worth over $500 each!  Must all be perfect 10's!! 

However I still can't recreate the $1700+ difference even if there was no 10% discount.  At 70 cards, that's over $24 upcharge per card..  

20 minutes ago, Rufuss C. Kingston said:

Not just that, it was double bumped, from Bulk to Standard, skipping economy!  They are saying that each card is worth over $500 each!  Must all be perfect 10's!! 

However I still can't recreate the $1700+ difference even if there was no 10% discount.  At 70 cards, that's over $24 upcharge per card..  

I was told by CGC you base the value of a card in its raw state. Not to guess the grade it might get to get a declared value. 

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1

3 hours ago, Rufuss C. Kingston said:

Yeah, I didn't even notice that. Hope they didn't bill his card 😂

There’s gotta be some recourse. What about proof of purchase price or attempted sales? For example, I submitted cards I purchased for waaay less than my declared value and have a history of trying to sell them for less too, but CGC could turn around and say they’re worth more than that. I feel like proof of the market should carry more weight than some subjective opinion. Or are you just mess outta luck?